Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jmcgold

the QR code doesn't scan from the PDF either on screen of via a print-out. I have tried on the recommended service they mention (https://scan.yoti.com) and the covide app (to see if it registers as a digital certificate). Neither work. I presume the Spanish authorities expect the QR code to scan in some service in order to accept them.

Feedback I have received from GoSafe is that "in essence I have a negative antigen test", which is of no help

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Has anyone been to Greece recently? Will they accept the HSE vaccine card as proof?

I still haven't got the covid cert and I am travelling on Sunday so I am starting to get worried

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jmcgold

In fairness, GoSafe48 rang me directly and got me sorted. If anyone else has a similar issue, the link to use is https://scan.yoti.com/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

Apologies. Accidentally posted some text but could not delete post afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Niall145

I'm getting the j&j vaccine in a pharmacy on the 27th and travelling abroad on August 2nd, i guess there's no chance of having the DCC by then (or even a few days later)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

You might. I got J&J in a pharmacy on the 14th and got my DCC emailed to me on the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Even if it does you won't be the 2 weeks after J&J to be considered fully vaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Numerous people who travelled to Malta with their hse vaccine cards were put into quarantine on arrival as they were told there not acceptable form of proof of vaccination and that they had to have dcc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Warning to people going to Balearic Islands, they have reintroduced the mandatory outdoor mask rule - even if you are socially distanced - from Saturday.

Absolute insanity, and if they do it in the Balearic's I'd imagine they will do so in the rest of Spain.

We are never getting out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Flew to Santorini last Monday and Ryanair were accepting it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Have you a source for that? All I can see is they’ve reintroduced a 1am curfew, stricter controls on gatherings outdoors. Limits at tables, indoor limited to a group of 4. It seems it’s the usual mask requirement similar to here in Ireland?

This is very poor form on Malta’s part. Also goes to show the cost of Government incompetence re the failure to issue Covid certs on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dublinview

If a person from NI flies from Italy to Dublin (assuming the NI version of the digital cert is accepted). do they need tests etc when they go back to NI as they would if they flew directly from Italy to NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

No, the HSE fucked up my details from months ago and it apparently takes some days for the revised record to show up as course complete in the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭rogber

Apologies if this question has been answered already, but now that covid cert is in use, it seems that Ryanair (and presumably Aer Lingus and other airlines) are no longer allowing the free flight changes they were doing over the last year or so? If you make a change now the flat fee is back? At least it seems that way on their site....

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Clouron

Another Q which may have been answered earlier...

2 vaccinated adults entering Malta with DCCs along with 8 yo child unvaccinated,

Does the child need pcr negative result to enter Malta

And

Does the child need pcr negative result to enter Ireland 12 days later?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Girlfriend and her mother are flying to Scotland next weekend from Dublin Airport. Both are fully vaccinated (will be over 2 weeks by departure date) but neither haven't received their DCC yet and I've no confidence they will receive them by next week.

Will they need to get any tests before flying? It seems to say on gov.scot website that you do not need any tests if travelling there from Ireland. For arriving back into the country will their little card they received when they got the jab do the trick? (paper HSE card with details handwritten on and batch no.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Received the DCC today, pdf via email. I tried the tracker app on my laptop screen, and it scanned the certificate without any difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

How do these outdoor mask rules work in Spain when it comes to resorts? Do you have wear your mask in your resort on a sun lounger? Are sun loungers and the hotel pools even allowed?

We’ve got the Canary Islands booked for very end of Aug into September and we are looking forward to it no end, but starting to get really really worried restrictions will be coming in and we won’t be able to enjoy it as we thought we would. We love the pool and want to spend a lot of the day on the sun loungers and in the hotel pools. Don’t fancy the idea of wearing a mask while lying in the hot sun tbh.

Waiting for this trip (we’ve got 3.5 weeks booked across three different islands) has gotten us through a tough, tough year so far… I’ll be devastated if we don’t get to go, or suffer from a bad experience due to heavy restrictions.

Thanks. I had read this recent article stating they were not being brought in as yet while the other restrictions were being introduced.

That's great to hear. Thanks for letting me know

That's a real balls. I haven't my cert yet and I was told that there is nothing that can be done and they don't know when I will get it. I hope it gets sorted for you soon.

has anyone shown the NHS app or their card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Just spend 2 hours filling out the PLF for Spain, still not finished, it wont allow you input vaccination/PCR/Antigen details until 48 hours before flight so still not done. Don't leave it late especially if your filling out for a family, also know the exact address of where you are staying plus zip code.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Everyone here looking for answers to the questions noone knows.

It's entertaining really.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

I've flown out from and back into Dublin to a non-EU country in recent weeks and was never questioned on the way out. Never asked for a travel reason, proof of vaccination, PCR result, passenger locator form. It all seemed pretty much business as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ionnn

Does anyone know, on the Irish passenger locator form it asks you to list all the countries you've visited in the last 14 days. I assume that doesn't include the country you're coming from (and live in) since it also asks for the country of departure so the answer would be 0 countries visited in last 14 days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Advertisement