Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Giraffe crèches suspended the quarantine requirement for kids returning from EU countries. Which crèche are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Heading off on Friday morning and originally had PCR test booked for tomorrow morning. Can't handle the suspense though so moved the test to this afternoon so will hopefully have results tomorrow and still within 72hrs for flight on Friday morning. Unless I've calculated it all wrong!? I've booked it so its within the arrival time at destination but if flight is delayed will there be any issues? 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Came through the port yesterday off the ferry, needed the DCC app with my uploaded cert, the Garda scanned it, came up good and was waved through.

No questions on the PLF but I had also done that and when boarding the ferry the check-in desk was confirming if you had it done or not.

Otherwise all good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

My wife and I are heading over from Spain in a week's time. We're both fully vaccinated and have our Covid certs.

What can we expect in terms of being able to pop in and out of pubs in Dublin city centre? We're also heading to a place my family have in Kerry and we'll be doing a few daytrips in the car. Any ideas what its like down there in terms of things being open?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Farrelk

Looking at booking a day or two in UK with my friend, who will be unvaccinated. Am I right in saying they need a negative PCR test within 72 hours, and then home isolate for 5 days, and get another negative test to end their isolation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Hi, flying soon to Spain with Ryanair. I have my DCC on my phone, my husband got his sent by post. An email this morning from Ryanair states we must have the DCC both digitally and printed off. Seems excessive? Surely we are both ok with the system we each have? I feel it's ok my husband wants to get his uploaded and me to print mine. Anyone here any recent experience of flying Ryanair to Malaga ? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mermaidhair

I've been trying to get an answer for this question too. Can anyone confirm? I'm currently on hold on the DCC helpline... waiting patiently...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭54and56

I'm thinking about a situation where a negative PCR test has been taken and it will be within 72 hours of departure but not within 72 hours of planned arrival (so the child may or may not be permitted to board depending on the attention to detail of the person checking) e.g. if they are taking the 30 hour ferry from Bilbao to Rosslare!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Spanish related question to those living in Spain, my cert has my NIE number associated with it, not my passport number.

NIE number is not on the cert though, it is in the portal when I log in - but wondering about the QR code when it's scanned?

My full name and DOB are on the document, is this enough to accept for the Irish border ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

I get you, well it definitely needs to be valid on departure as it will have to be valid to travel in the first place, and I could be wrong but isn't it only supposed to be spot checks on arriving in Ireland as the checking is done on the departure side. Also I would imagine they would be fairly on the ball for the departure side of attention to detail. Its 72 hours so even if the journey is 30 hours, so leaves 42 hours so should be possible to have a test done and be covered for the departure and arrival on the cert?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

• Registered Users Posts: 13,002 ✭✭✭✭bnt

My tickets to the USA in December are “reschedulable”, which cost more, but I’m still hoping travel will be possible by then. If I’d waited until the USA officially reopens to passengers from Ireland, I wouldn’t have been able to get good seats, if any, since the airline websites will get hammered on that day.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'm just hoping name and DOB should be enough with passport, though I do have an extremely rare first name. I'm down in Andalusia and I think my cert was tracked using the number on my healthcare card.

Best bet would be to bring your NIE with you and explain the situation if questions arise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The DCC doesn't include passport information. You're grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

So are mine with Delta. But my trip is for the start of September which I really can't see going ahead. Might try re-schedule for Paddy's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Yet fully vaccinificated Muricans can go to Ireland/UK/EU ?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Ugh.... this is not good news... is the expectation that US travel will nit be back by September

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Sorry, some confusion here. I am going to France on Saturday. 3 weeks after my J&J. That is enough the DCC here, but in France they require 4 weeks after the single shots to travel.

Once in France I need a DCC to enter any Cafe, Restaurant, Cultural establishment etc. I am prepared to get antigen tests every two days if that is what is required, but does anyone know will it be required - or to put it another way. Is it just the French border that requires 4 weeks of J&J, or is it everywhere in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 colemcgrath55

If I fly to USA under a family exception, i need one PCR to go to USA, but I dont need a PCR to return to Ireland if I have my Digital Covid Cert (double vaccination)?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

We are in Lanzarote and everything open atm. Only 19 cases here yesterday so it's definitely the best performing of the Islands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

Got an email from Ryanair saying you need a printed copy of your DCC as well as the digital one. Don’t have a printer at home. Does anyone know if Ryanair stop you if you only have digital version. Flying to Spain on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I’m getting my second dose just before I go on the ferry so I need an antigen to go, but I’ll be fully vaccinated two weeks on the way back. If I’m with the GP I understand I’ll get the cert posted to me. If someone opens my post and takes a picture would I be able to upload this on the tracker app to travel home? I have no idea what they look like or what bit I’d need the photo of - just a QR code?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frankie19

My child is in an independent owned creche but good to know if policy doesn't change. We decided to go away next week instead of September to avoid missing too much ECCE.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

What a load of sh*te, why does Ryanair need a paper copy as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frankie19

Surely the creche would know the kid was not in say last week and then rocks in on the Monday talking about being away on an aeroplane ....would be fairly obvious I would have thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bumpstop

Just back from France with Ryanair.

Most people did seem to have a printed version of the DCC, as I did.

Yet on the way back in Dub immigration seemed surprised I didn't have it on my phone.

I was never asked for a DCC in any bars or restaurants in France, I was around rural and Biarritz.

The whole thing is very relaxed at both ends, once you have your paperwork.

Airport, Dub and Biarritz both empty and airplane had 70 on the way out and 90 on the way back.

One girl at the France end going to Dub couldn't get her locater form for Dublin to work on her phone.

They laughed and waved her on.

Remember it's up to the airline bringing people in to check the paperwork.

So it's the departure end where most of the checks are.

arriving back to dub my wife was waved through just passport check, I got the full monty.

Edit. one difference on the plane is, the seat belt sign is on all the time.

You can get up to go to the toilet if there is no one queuing.

They say you need to call a hostess.

But no one did, once there is no one waiting you just go up as normal.

Mask wearing on the flight was complied with by anyone I saw.

So this applies to Ireland as well? We are neither the uk nor Schengen

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Thanks mate we ended up getting a letter from the doctor today so booked it for next week. Now discovered our DCC are typed wrong. For example instead of "O'Toole" as on our passports our surnames are spelt "O toole" only noticed it this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Boghouse51

Go onto you tube .

The knightstrider fellow from Liverpool has car hire business . He gives regular tourist updates on the island.

Advertisement