Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Any time we have flown with aer lingus they have always taken the carry on bags. This was pre covid obviously. But no problem at all bringing them onto the plane. Much less hassle when arriving in destination anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Now they're charging. Same as Ryanair.

Pay for carry on or check them in. Do neither and its a charge at the gate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Good to know. Actually now you say it they usually never take them in Dublin but almost always did in Faro.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

Hi folks - question for Italy, are people from the north (who fly from Dublin with Irish passports) being asked to quarantine upon arrival in Italy, and is this a “self declaration”? Flying in early Sept and a few people are getting worried

• Registered Users Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭josip

Serbia and Ireland don't reciprocate their recognition of vaccinations, so regardless of how well you're vaccinated, you'll officially need a PCR test to get in.

When we came here in early July, our PCR tests were checked, but we were crossing at the main Croatian-Serbian crossing, so maybe things were a bit tighter.

Returning from Greece yesterday via a quieter crossing, there was no mention of vaccinations (for the Serbs) or PCR test for me (€60 wasted (walked in, small town medical centre, no appointment, out within 5 minutes, results emailed same day)). All the border guard wanted to talk about was what things were like in Ireland, how long mortgages were (his brother in Switzerland recently took out a 50 year mortgage), how bad the weather is... :)

I was in a clinic this morning getting some bloods checked and some people were masked, some weren't. Nothing was made of those who didn't have masks. Which kind of sums things up over here. You'll see a lot with masks, queues outside premises due to limited numbers inside, but everyone is getting on with things as they see fit. Some got vaccinated, some got Covid, some died, some still hunkered down. Despite their early lead with vaccinations, the rate has tailed off, not unexpectedly, and I think there is around 42% of total population vaccinated. Vaccine hesitancy is significant over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Im heading off to Italy this week who have now implemented the Green pass requiring you to have received at least 1 Dose 15 days ago to access the majority of things that are indoors.

My Wife will receive her second Dose Friday, how long after did people receive their EU cert after the seconds?

I myself got vaccinated in May by my GP, so I received my Cert the day they rolled out in July.

Thanks for the help!

Post edited by LeeroyJ. on

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SD Sportsman

I have my digital cert and am heading to Spain via the UK on Saturday. Is the cert and Spains entry declaration all that is required or is there some additional requirement coming from the UK would anyone know?

No additional requirements

Just the Spanish plf your test/dcc vaccine or recovered version

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SD Sportsman

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sp00k

Heading to Italy for 5 days this weekend. Have done the Italian PLF, do I need to fill out the Irish PLF before I come back home?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,529 ✭✭✭jmreire

Thats the border crossing at Bajakovo? And where did you get the PCR test done? in Greece, I presume? I will be flying in to Nikola Tesla Airport next month, and its a bit tight PCR test wise....the test must have been done within the previous 48 hrs , unlike other Countrys which will accept 72 hrs validty. I have all the other docs, 2 x vaccination certs + EU certificate, so for that, I'm OK. We will see. Keeping fingers crossed that they won't put Ireland on the covid ban list.

I take it that you are living in Belgrad? How do you like it? I've lived there too, in the past, and visit whenever I can. Beautifull city, and great people. Thanks for your information, its been very helpfull.😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Hallulujah!! Norway sees sense ...

Norwegian society will have to live with the fact that we have this virus, as we live with other infectious diseases. We cannot eliminate the risk completely, as we cannot with other diseases. This means that some will also become seriously ill and die of covid-19 after we have finished the vaccination and society has reopened, says Høie.

Now can the rest of the world take notice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A bit worrying now with this

Looking like no travel outside your country this Autumn going by this.

EU green cert ?? whats the point then

Its only attendance at the match that's not going to be allowed...

Its a bit of a stretch to say that means you cannot travel

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Correct. Assuming you've an Irish passport your transition through the airport will be easier too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Bit of a leap there lad. Nothing worrying at all from a travel perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

You've posted this on 2 threads now.

Nothing to do with EU travel. FIFA & UEFA doing what they do best, being arses. Bohs fans aren't allowed in officially in Greece tomorrow, still around 100 of them travelled. I could still travel to Portugal (I'm not I've cancelled now) but I won't get into the game.

Your putting 2+2 together and getting 5

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

Anyone know why there is an inconsistency between Spain deeming people vaccinated after 14 days but Ireland is 7 days (for Pfizer)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I'm not 100% sure but my understanding was for the EU digital pass it's 14 days for pfizer, even though HSE state it's 7 days. If that's correct it's just due to more caution from larger EU states who have bigger influence on the EU travel pass.

The dcc is a blanket 14 days so as to avoid confusion

Some countries have lesser rules

But most I've seen are 14 days plus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

I go to an open air festival tomorrow. Everyone will be tested (PCR or antigen) before entering the festival grounds. It used to be around 15-17K people before covid, now it's the watered down version with only 5K people. No masks, no social distancing. No fear. I'm not vaccinated. I don't care.

Czechs obviously want people to live normal life and this is the way to do it. Unfortunately life stopped in Ireland in March 2020. I still see no changes. Ridiculous what's (not) happening there. And it will apparently still take few years because obviously there's no end in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,275 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Feels like Déjà vu you posted all the same last year posting pics of pints over there last year and disappeared when things went south. They have twice our population but 6 times the death rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Nice to see you back man, got worried when you disappeared for 6 months because your beloved Czech Republic turned out to be as much of a shitshow as anywhere else......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Out of curiosity, why don't you care? Is it because of personal health reasons, skepticism of the specific vaccines or some other reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Very worrying, it's all falling into place for the next winter lockdown by the medical junta SS NPHET thugs

Post edited by TomSweeney on

I didn't "disappear", I simply boarded a return flight.

I have certain commitments in cork, but believe me if I could I would rather spend a winter in a strict lockdown knowing there's a light at the end of the tunnel. That things will slowly but surely get back to normal in May.

The reason it was bad over here during the flu season is because people had to go to work and pay the bills. The government didn't borrow billions like mehole. So it spread. But now it's summer and the numbers are at the very bottom. They did ban intercounty travel for a while but realised it's stupid so it lasted only few weeks.

I wouldn't call it a shitshow, but what's still now happening in Ireland certainly is. Why can't I go play pool or bowling in cork with my friends? Why can't I use the sauna after swimming. They are saying I should go home after a workout without using the shower. Excuse me but wtf?

And the 2K fine for going abroad? Wow, just wow. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. It usually spreads at workplaces, not shops or public transport. Czechs know this so why not going for holidays whenever?

And things are still getting cancelled in Ireland? Marathons etc. Why? No live music, nothing. No life.

I noticed at work foreigners leaving and going back home. Some people can't take it anymore. Clear sign something is very wrong isn't it?

Post edited by Diabhalta on

I'm not interested. I just don't care. There's nothing behind it really. I live today, not tomorrow. Whatever happens happens.

The media are responsible for fcuking with people's heads too. Before leaving cork I could see all the eejits in town walking around on the street with masks. Some of them obviously virtue signalling (those people with mask on their profile pic on Facebook).

Over here nothing. Not one mask outdoors. Numbers? Low. It spreads indoors. Obviously.

I went to see some classic cars yesterday, pre war era so some really interesting machines. Narrow footpath, barriers dividing the road from the footpath. People looking at cars, quite crowded. Older people (70+) without masks. Everyone knows they are not necessary. So why is everyone so stupid in Ireland wearing them even after getting the vaccine?

You could grab a beer, a guy pouring the pints no mask. Nobody wearing it anywhere.

It feels so good for the mind. To me Ireland is just a toxic place to be. And not only to me.

Well I certainly wouldn't want to get into a sauna or a jacuzzi with you! If that's your laissez-faire attitude to health,God knows what else you have

• Advertisement

Jeez, I have nothing. Like seriously, stop watching the news. My attitude to my health is pretty normal, I'm not into all that covid hype that's all. Relax.

Anyway, what's your plans for the weekend? Doing anything exciting?

Advertisement