Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Thankfully the days of that are over with the digital wallet on phones, loading is not required.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Whats the story with kids that are exempt from pcr/vaccine cert, I have a son that is under 12 and on the Ryanair app I can't submit any documents for him as there is none, yet it won't let me check in without them ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Do you need a PLF for entering France? I know there's a certificate of international travel I need to print and fill out, but can't find a definitive answer for the PLF..

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Would someone throw up a link for a PLF for traveling to Spain please.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mr zulu

was trying to find that out myself, was thinking of going across on ferry,asked in motorcycle forum and was told I didn’t need to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

I did them for my 8 year old and 5 year old today. Once you put in their dates of birth it will allow you to generate a QR form for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭ax530

I did it before left about 10 days in advance of returning into Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Ok, you obviously do care about it. How can you claim to be so disinterested in getting the vaccination, and then practically froth at the mouth when you see someone wearing a mask outside 😂

Like, do you see how silly that appears? "Live and let live" on one hand and then getting angry at the behaviour of people living in Ireland who you see walking down the street 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I've travelled abroad once despite not having a damn DCC because of HSE incompetence, the week the travel abroad restrictions went away. I hope to travel again in September. Getting vaccinated made it seamless. Partner isn't vaccinated (yet) but has also been abroad to another European country for a few weeks. We are mightily pissed off at the indoor dining vaccine passport as she couldn't get vaccinated sooner if she wanted, but we both found the rule implementations a bit less strenuous on the continent overall (French train stations are over the top for example).

Neither of us felt that it was tough to come back here again to live our best lives (but then if gigs go ahead on the continent and not here, we would be angered by that)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,011 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Hello everyone, hoping someone can help. What's the story with flying from Spain to Belfast and then going home to Dublin? I can't figure it out. I know Spain is on NI's amber list which means test and self isolate, but does that change if I'm leaving NI straight for home?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Travelling to Spain, one half vaccinated the other is not.

I presume only one adult that’s not vaccinated requires pcr test?

3 kids under 12 - do they require tests for entry to Spain?

Nope only antigen within 48hours of arrival, and kids don’t need any tests, you also need to do the PLF for Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Non vaccinated adult needs antigen going into Spain and PCR returning to Ireland. Kids don't need any tests.

All require Spanish PLF when entering Spain and Irish PLF returning to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Thanks Marty

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭aziz

Nephew just back from a week in Greece,said he had more hassle getting into a pub in town than he had getting into Greece

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

In Italy at the moment. No papers checked leaving Dublin or arriving in Italy! Masks if going into shops and inside restaurants and hotels etc but other than that it's great! Weather is amazing and everywhere is pretty busy. Mostly Italians but a fair few Americans as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,264 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I'd still print it off in case my wallet app for some reason didn't open, or if my phone battery went, paper never runs out of battery I find lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LionelMandrake

Just got back from a week in Valencia yesterday and said I'd post my experience if it's any use to anyone travelling to Spain. My wife and I are both fully vaccinated and have the DCC so no hassle there. Both kids (12 & 14) needed tests over and back. We went with PCR outbound even though antigen would suffice. The main reason was it gave us an additional time to cancel the hotel if needed to without losing money. We used Randox in Limerick and it was very straight forward. The email results have a DCC in PDF format. The 4 DCCs were uploaded to the Ryanair site for check-in and on to the Spanish travel form. Their system is very good. You can pre-populate most of your details and then you upload the DCCs within 48 hours of travel. You upload your DCs, it validates them and then it generates a QR per person. The Spanish QR code is scanned after passport checks in Valencia and that's it. We booked PCR tests in Valencia and got the results in PDF and uploaded them to the Ryanair site. On the way back it was a bit different in that all the DCCs were checked by Ryanair at check-in at Valencia airport. There's no way to upload the DCCs to the Irish PLF. It asks for details but doesn't check anything. At Dublin airport nobody checked anything other than the passports. It seems to be put entirely on the airlines to check everything pre-departure.

The break in Valencia was great, they're doing a good job of getting on with life. It's not fully back to normal but it's a lot closer to it than here. Despite the nonsense peddled by some on here, the reintroduction of restrictions has very little impact on a family holiday. We weren't asked for our vaccination status or the kids' status at any point. They have very good discipline on mask wearing indoors and on public transport. Outdoors is pretty much left to personal choice and it was about 50/50. All the tourist attractions are open and the hospitality industry is in full swing. Even on the TV, covid might be the 4th or 5th item on the news. They're not ignoring it but it's not the only show in town either. Once you arrive back in Dublin airport, the first thing that hits you is the wall of yellow. There's signs everywhere and announcements all the time.

One thing that struck me on the way to the airport in Valencia is the scale of infrastructure over there. It is a proper, modern European city. Good public transport, cycle lanes everywhere, big tourist attractions, heavy industry, etc. I can't remember an Irish government with the ambition, let alone the ability to deliver that scale of infrastructure. Yet, we have elements of NPHET casting doubt on the approaches by other countries ('snake oil' springs to mind). These are major developed countries with seriously big economies, they know how to get things done. At a simple level, the Spanish passenger form is way better than the Irish one, as is their process of checking it. If you're going to be the outlier in Europe in terms of approach you need to have something very solid to back it up. I sincerely hope that our politicians are a lot more humble than NPHET at an EU level because their confidence is looking a lot like arrogance at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KevoS2009

Flew back from Manchester yesterday evening to Dublin with Ryanair. Uploaded PLF to boarding pass (8 days fully vaccinated - Pfizer). No questions asked or documents requested boarding or at passport control. Wonderful to be back flying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 floodser

Had anybody any experience of getting a PCR test for return to Ireland in the Estapona region on the Costa del Sol. There are a few places in Marbella but they are very expensive (150€) or travel back to Malaga Airport.

Travel Experience:

Departing DUB only asked to see Spanish PLF by EI staff, on arrival all QR codes scanned only asked to see one test result not all.

Departing Spain, FR wanted to see Irish PLF form and tests and checked dates, this was done in baggage drop off gave a slip and didn’t need to show again, expedited the whole process.

Spain, like normal masks only required to enter shops or to table in restaurant no passes required, apart from that no difference to 2019 IMO. Weather was great as usual and it was a breeze travelling from start to finish.

Unvaccinated family so travelling on tests.

Tip: I organised tests just inside the 72 hour window and didn’t allow for any delays, FR didn’t let us down, but something to keep in mind for those travelling on tests to give yourself a buffer.

Now get booking….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Thanks for all the write ups. We've mid September booked in Spain. Fully vaccinated so should be no issue. I'm looking forward to seeing how another country is managing things.

I’ve been able to spend the last month over there, as have an American wife. Contrary to some myths on here and elsewhere, the USA does recognise AZ, even though is not administered in the US…..that was the vaccine that I have and which facilitated my entry last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Hows passport control in Dublin, Bit of a queue when I came through 2 months ago and loads of questions, Is the e gates back open or is it a million of questions by the staff still?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭rameire

When I came home 1 week ago through T1 the e-gates were open at 10.30pm

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jmcgold

Hi Floodser, we used a place in San Pedro called laboratorio becerra (unable to post link here).

It was €100 and no appointment needed. We rocked up at about 11am on a Monday and were done by 11:15, results in inbox before 6pm that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

Flew into Dublin from Newcastle last night.

No check on vaccine or PCR departing at Newcastle, no check on vaccine or PCR arriving in Dublin - only wanted to know if I had been in any other countries within the last 14 days.

Get thee to a walk in vaccination centre

Some are open for walk ins today eg Cavan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

Can I please just double check something - the lateral flow test offered by Randox in Dublin airport (within 48 hours) is sufficient for Spain entry? Thanks

Advertisement