Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't wait to head to the Airport later and fly out to the UK for a night away

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Need a bloody negative test as well as being vaccinated. If I'm vaccinated, why do I need a bloody test too.

it’s the same for most of Europe for arrivals from non EU countries.

I believe in most European countries that vaccinated US travellers don't need a PCR test to fly to here. Should be same rules both ways but US just have to be special.

• Advertisement

Antigen test in some cases. I just flew to Italy from UK and antigen test needed even if vaccinated. US is in the same country category.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Nothing story about the US, still need a rip of PCR test, the whole thing about being vaccinated was able to travel without PCR ,

The elites can still swan over to the US, but for us peasants I guess it's a wait for another decade before they drop the requirement.

Interesting, land border crossings don't need the PCR - of course not, how could they implement that with the tens of thousands of illegal migrants crossing every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gral6

I'd rather to put yankees into our beautiful MHQs holiday camps again. What a fecking joke, vaccinated travellers still need a PCR rip off to travel...

Even US citizens and those exempt need a negative COVID test on reentry as it is right now.

I was bringing a friend back in August, got the antigen test at Randox, uploaded result to Verifly app that Aer Lingus use. I expect it will be the same for non US passengers.

• Advertisement

The thoughts of wearing a mask that long isn't very appealing either. Between airport on either side and the flight, you're looking at 10+ hours. Planes aren't the most comfortable places in the first place too, masks just make it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Pretty sure the US accepts Antigen for travel which makes it a lot cheaper and easier

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Yes of course my dear, they don't want us filthy peasent lepers travelling !! no no no !! Est es VERBOTEN!!!

Climate change as well as covid you see ... only for the elites now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Know this has been asked before but can't find the 'search' function on the page..

Travelling to Spain at the weekend - it says to do the PLF "from 48hrs before"... does that mean within 48hrs of the flight or before 48hrs of flight? eg. it has to be completed 2 days before the flight? I think it means within but don't want to miss the deadline if so but also don't want an expired QR code on arrival in Spain!

Within 48 hours of the flight. So Thursday or later (assuming Saturday flight). A lot of the rules around Europe become slightly muddled in translation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Early November for the US? Presumably before Thanksgiving anyway. Monday the 8th maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Flew To Barcelona from Dublin this morning. 6:15am flight arrived at airport at 4am sailed through security in about ten minutes. In Spain now at hotel and still haven't been asked by anyone for a Covid cert either at Dublin/Barcelona airport or hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Heading to France in 2 weeks. Is there any special requirements (e.g. Passenger Locator form) required for entry and exit in the country?

In Birmingham now, still a lot of mask wearing but it's personal responsibility nobody coming after ya telling ya put your mask on

I'm flying back tomorrow but can I fill out the PLF today or does it have to be the day you arrive back in Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Going to Cancun unvaccinated is beyond mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

What's the airport like these days? Are there big queues through security? Just wondering if it's worth getting a fast track pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

I had fast track on a Saturday at around 05:30 earlier this month. The queue was longer than I have ever seen it. It took over 30 minutes to get through. The regular queue was about 25 minutes. I went through at about 04:50 last Saturday (regular security) and I was through in less than 10 minutes.

I wouldn't bother with fast track if I were you. If you're travelling after 09:00 I definitely wouldn't bother. I used to get fast track all the time for morning flights pre-Covid and always got through in <5 minutes. I won't be using it again until everything normalises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

I've taken a four flights this month. Here's my experience of covid checks in case it's useful to anyone.

Dublin to Amsterdam (Ryanair): Covid documentation not checked at all. The only issue was the queue for fast track at Dublin as I mentioned in my previous post.

Dusseldorf to Dublin (Eurowings): Boarding passes cannot be issued during online check-in as you have to do a document check at Dusseldorf Airport. The queue was very long but moved relatively quickly. It took about 30 minutes. DCC and PLF were checked. No checks at Dublin (manned booth).

Dublin to Copenhagen (Ryanair): Ryanair didn't check anything at DUB. DCC was checked at Copenhagen Airport. Only two passport booths were open so a few people with issues with their certs held up the queue. Was still through in about 20 minutes though.

Copenhagen to Dublin (Ryanair): No checks anywhere. Used e-gates at DUB.

Has anyone any experience of the drive through antigen testing facility at Rome airport? Difficult to find out much info about booking etc. Plan using it when I drop off a rental in a couple days

Edit: got it. Only pcr tests at the drive through for travellers. For antigen it’s inside the terminal or a pharmacy in town

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Quags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Quags

Yep, I had flights going through London also so looking at other ways (Paris/Amsterdam) but if not im sure I will find another place to go

The duty frees seem to have less stock than before, possibly might of just been the one in Birmingham

Only big bags of Haribo were bears, gutted lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭bikeman1

The UK has a lot less stock of everything right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Flew Dublin to Malaga yesterday afternoon with Aer Lingus.

Checkin very quiet - we had checked in online but had issues with the auto bag drop so had to go to a main desk but there was no Q. They checked our Covid certs and asked if we had Spanish QR codes there and marked our boarding cards so we wouldn’t be checked again.

Security was dead - straight through. Fast track was closed as heard someone behind me ask about it as they had paid for it or had it on their ticket.

Thats about as good as it got for the airport experience as was downhill from there. Had to Q to get into the Slaney bar (10mins) and then the online ordering was disabled so you had to Q at the bar - no exaggeration but I queued for 30mins to get served. Did me a favour in a way though as I saw enough people get served their food and leave half of it (either from taste or needing to leave for flight) so by time I got to the bar had changed mind with food. Rip off €40 for 2 beers and 2 large wines - only noticed afterwards.

We had heard of catering shortages on the flights so we bought some sandwiches from WHSMITH. the crew even announced it when we got on the plane - from what I could tell they only had tea/coffee/chocolate and some alcohol available.

Arrival in Spain was fine, passport control relatively quick and then there’s a further checkpoint before baggage claim where they scan your QR code and check your temperature.

Overall a fairly effortless journey, with the exception of getting food/drink in Terminal2. Flew with Ryanair from T1 last month and would say theres definitely more options there.

Very normal out here, bars and restaurants rammed last night - according to locals the past week has seen a massive influx and increase in business!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Rip off €40 for 2 beers and 2 large wines - only noticed afterwards.

Well that's just not true.

Advertisement