Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭naufragos123

faceman wrote: »
    If it contains the relevant info then it will suffice

I'm with the poster who was dubious about our little vaccination cards. I know it should suffice but Spaniards, though lovely people, can morph into the worst of bureaucrats when it suits. I really would be stressed relying on that card and would prefer to enter with an official test.

Can I ask you, faceman, as you know about Spain. Are they now accepting antigen as well as PCRs? And is the window for PCR still 72 hours? Thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭eltonyio

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/air-traffic-to-recover-to-43-of-2019-levels-report-predicts-1.4586696

Why is Irish journalism so poor on tourism/ travel related topics during the pandemic? This article comes out with:
    A ban making “non-essential” travel illegal and quarantines demanding that passengers from the US and several EU countries stay in hotels for two weeks, are among tough measures that remain in place in the Republic.

Maybe I'm really lazy, but I'd love to read articles that I could be confident are accurate. It's 10 days dince the last EU countries and USA came off the mandatory hotel quarantine list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I flew from Dublin last Saturday on 8 AM flight to Spain. I wasn't stopped on the way to short term parking T1. I wasn't stopped by AGS, we did fast track through to security check at T1, there was not the queues I was expecting.

PCR and Spanish locator forms checked at the boarding gate. On arrival in Spain, only the locator form was scanned, Spanish authorities must be happy that you can't board a plane without a valid PCR done.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

I'm with the poster who was dubious about our little vaccination cards. I know it should suffice but Spaniards, though lovely people, can morph into the worst of bureaucrats when it suits. I really would be stressed relying on that card and would prefer to enter with an official test.

Can I ask you, faceman, as you know about Spain. Are they now accepting antigen as well as PCRs? And is the window for PCR still 72 hours? Thanks so much.

It's an official vaccination card issued by the health service of a European state with your name, type of vaccine and date of vaccination on it. I don't see where an issue could arise. Sure you could fake it if you where that way inclined but i don't think too many would like to spend any time in the Spanish prison system tbh if caught out.

After the 19th of July they won't matter anyway as all you'll need is your QR code printed out or use the app. I'll be doing both to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

The reopen app states it's 48 hrs for mainland Spain and 72hrs for the Canaries, I would be worried using the hse card as proof, it could easily be rejected.

"In all other cases, travellers arriving by air or sea transport are subject to the requirement for a pre-departure negative COVID-19 test.

"As of 30 March, the same requirement is imposed on travellers crossing the land border between France and Spain. Only those working in transportation and cross-border workers will be exempt, along with those who live in the border zone (as long as they remain within a 30-kilometre radius of their home).

The test must be taken within 48 hours prior to arrival.

Accepted test: PCR, TMA or other molecular techniques, Antigenic."

• Advertisement

njburke wrote: »
    I flew from Dublin last Saturday on 8 AM flight to Spain. I wasn't stopped on the way to short term parking T1. I wasn't stopped by AGS, we did fast track through to security check at T1, there was not the queues I was expecting.

PCR and Spanish locator forms checked at the boarding gate. On arrival in Spain, only the locator form was scanned, Spanish authorities must be happy that you can't board a plane without a valid PCR done.

So the worry is so that trying to use your hse vax card might mean you can't get on the plane more so than having to worry about a Spanish official accepting it

fm wrote: »
    The reopen app states it's 48 hrs for mainland Spain and 72hrs for the Canaries, I would be worried using the hse card as proof, it could easily be rejected.

"In all other cases, travellers arriving by air or sea transport are subject to the requirement for a pre-departure negative COVID-19 test.

"As of 30 March, the same requirement is imposed on travellers crossing the land border between France and Spain. Only those working in transportation and cross-border workers will be exempt, along with those who live in the border zone (as long as they remain within a 30-kilometre radius of their home).

The test must be taken within 48 hours prior to arrival.

Accepted test: PCR, TMA or other molecular techniques, Antigenic."

So have they very recently moved from 72 to 48 hours?

So have they very recently moved from 72 to 48 hours?

I don't know, but that is dated march 30th?
    This guy on YouTube says antigen is accepted.

https://youtu.be/z-Myz_ERHsM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

My local boots is doing pcr tests, but they’re 139 vs 89 with randox out at the airport, hopefully they drop the price, save me the hassle of driving up to the airport the day before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Valhallapt wrote: »
    My local boots is doing pcr tests, but they’re 139 vs 89 with randox out at the airport, hopefully they drop the price, save me the hassle of driving up to the airport the day before

€79 with gosafe and only €29 for antigen test.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Marty Bird wrote: »
    €79 with gosafe and only €29 for antigen test.

Forgot about gosafe! Cheers. Portugal have a review on the 13th hope they start accepting antigen after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭josip

TefalBrain wrote: »
    It's an official vaccination card issued by the health service of a European state with your name, type of vaccine and date of vaccination on it. I don't see where an issue could arise. Sure you could fake it if you where that way inclined but i don't think too many would like to spend any time in the Spanish prison system tbh if caught out.

After the 19th of July they won't matter anyway as all you'll need is your QR code printed out or use the app. I'll be doing both to be sure.

Some countries list DOB as a piece of information that they expect to see on vaccine certs.
    That's not on our little HSE card.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

On the old travel forum we had there was a poster saying her family member flew in from the UK for a weekend and no questions were asked in the airport
    Just wondering if that might still be the case ? I’ve family booked to fly here for a few days from the UK with their negative tests but they won’t be here long enough for self isolation

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

On the old travel forum we had there was a poster saying her family member flew in from the UK for a weekend and no questions were asked in the airport
    Just wondering if that might still be the case ? I’ve family booked to fly here for a few days from the UK with their negative tests but they won’t be here long enough for self isolation

Nope. All arrivals are asked question going through immigration control.
    All arrivals require a negative PCR result since January (29th?)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭josip

26 Covid patients in ICU, twenty six.
    Is there anyone who still thinks we need MHQ and €2000 non-essential travel fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hub D15

Anyone wondering why people may want to go abroad, a good example was this weekend.

With a captive audience for a bank holiday Monday, every attraction was sold out, from zoo to Castle to old House with some trees. Outdoor dining was reopened but deliberately at the end of the weekend to avoid the risk that someone working might enjoy a Friday or Saturday.

Those working are treated with contempt, a source of tax revenue and nothing else. In the Summer the speed cameras will no doubt be out in force to make up their revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,349 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Tenger wrote: »
    Bulgaria is one of the 7 EU members that started issuing them last week.
    Germany, Poland, Croatia and Denmark are among that group (can't recall the other 2)

Meanwhile no info among HSE resources on how we can get ours.
    I'm fully vaxxed (from a non-EU country but with an EU approved vaccine) but have no way currently to register myself as such with our national Heather service.
    I want to get my Green Cert ASAP in order to travel.

I am willing to bet that there will be no functionality to allow any account to be taken of the vaccine you have received outside Ireland. Happy to put a tenner on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,349 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Valhallapt wrote: »

You don't need to go to the airport for Randox. They also have sites at Clayton Leopardstown, Clayton Grand Canal, Dubn Laoghaire etc. Plus there are any number of health providers around Dublin who are doing Randox tests in their location. Basically they buy a box of the testing kits, send them to Randox and you get your result from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Tenger wrote: »
    Nope. All arrivals are asked question going through immigration control.
    All arrivals require a negative PCR result since January (29th?)

They’ll have the negative pcr tests but I remember reading of a lady in the previous thread saying her daughter flew over here no problem or questions asked !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

They’ll have the negative pcr tests but I remember reading of a lady in the previous thread saying her daughter flew over here no problem or questions asked !

She did. Has the negative test etc but wasn't asked why she was travelling etc which I think was your original question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭embraer170

Dobbytoes wrote: »
    What proof of vaccine will they accept though? There is no proof of vaccination available to Irish people yet. I doubt that they will accept the card that just has the vaccination batch numbers.

I would like clarification on this too for Germany.

Has anyone managed to travel on Ryanair with the HSE card (to a country accepting fully vaccinated people without testing)?

Alternatively, any luck getting a formal vaccination record from here? https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/whoweare/requestrecord.html

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    If your child is over 6 you will need a PCR test to get them back to Ireland, which is much more invasive than antigen. If you font think theyd cope with one then you need to reconsider your trip unfortunately.

I have dozens of PCR and antigen tests over the months. Really no difference between the two.

Bulgaria, they simply printed it out for me. Big QR code for verification.

Did your print out also have the part of the QR code cut off (outside the printable
    area of the page)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

njburke wrote: »

I'm fully vaxxed up..debating a quick trip to Spain next week to view a property.
    I'm reading that I'll still need a PCR done within 48hrs prior to travel but that I wont be stopped by anyone?
    What about when I return 2 days later?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Antigen tests are accepted from today yes. The window for them is 48 hours for mainland Spain.

Regarding the hse vaccine cards, I’ve not seen them, but if they contain the required information per the Spanish guidance then people won’t have an issue.

The officials in the Spanish airports aren’t out to try catch people out. Yesterday an elderly (Irish) neighbour of mine flew here fully vaccinated. (He didn’t realise the pcr requirement was lifted today for fully vax peeps). He’s fully vaccinated and had his pcr test. However he lost the document and was in a panic at the desk in the Spanish airport. He still had part of the generic HSE leaflet. They took him at his word and let him through

If Spain really are accepting antigen tests can I ask how quickly those results take? I've checked Roc Doc and it says 15 minutes but is that really the case?

I'm flying out of Cork where there's a Roc Doc, is that the same as Randox? And I'm trying to figure out how many hours before my flight I'd need to allow if I go the antigen route? Again thanks so much for the help. Excellent information here as always.

If Spain really are accepting antigen tests can I ask how quickly those results take? I've checked Roc Doc and it says 15 minutes but is that really the case?

Yes, 15 minutes (or some places are more like 30 minutes to an hour). Just make sure you include the correct email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

embraer170 wrote: »
    Did your print out also have the part of the QR code cut off (outside the printable
    area of the page)?
    Nope. The full QR box is there.

Nope. The full QR box is there.

I must just have been unlucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 EMadLimerick

Hi all,

My (italian) girlfriend and I (and our dog) would like to travel home to Italy prior to July 19th. Does 'we're moving to Italy' suffice a reason for travel? Rellocation is not listed as a reason for essential travel so we're quite unsure. Any guidance here for proof or what might be deemed an acceptable excuse? Thanks

Advertisement