Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭naufragos123

faceman wrote: »
    Antigen tests are accepted from today yes. The window for them is 48 hours for mainland Spain.

Regarding the hse vaccine cards, I’ve not seen them, but if they contain the required information per the Spanish guidance then people won’t have an issue.

The officials in the Spanish airports aren’t out to try catch people out. Yesterday an elderly (Irish) neighbour of mine flew here fully vaccinated. (He didn’t realise the pcr requirement was lifted today for fully vax peeps). He’s fully vaccinated and had his pcr test. However he lost the document and was in a panic at the desk in the Spanish airport. He still had part of the generic HSE leaflet. They took him at his word and let him through

Thanks faceman but re the emboldened above, for entry to Spain, is it pcr OR antigen for the yet to be vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

josip wrote: »
    26 Covid patients in ICU, twenty six.
    Is there anyone who still thinks we need MHQ and €2000 non-essential travel fine?

They better stick to their word about July 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Newsflash- not everyone who uses Dublin airport is from and lives in Dublin.

Marcusm wrote: »
    You don't need to go to the airport for Randox. They also have sites at Clayton Leopardstown, Clayton Grand Canal, Dubn Laoghaire etc. Plus there are any number of health providers around Dublin who are doing Randox tests in their location. Basically they buy a box of the testing kits, send them to Randox and you get your result from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭naufragos123

johnire wrote: »
    Newsflash- not everyone who uses Dublin airport is from and lives in Dublin.

I would agree with this. Testing is an additional hassle for those living much further afield.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

26 Covid patients in ICU, twenty six.
    Is there anyone who still thinks we need MHQ and €2000 non-essential travel fine?

So just because something is working we stop doing it?

Vaccine Passports will be here soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭josip

Hi all,

My (italian) girlfriend and I (and our dog) would like to travel home to Italy prior to July 19th. Does 'we're moving to Italy' suffice a reason for travel? Rellocation is not listed as a reason for essential travel so we're quite unsure. Any guidance here for proof or what might be deemed an acceptable excuse? Thanks

Any poster here who has relocated to another country during lockdown didn't have a problem using that reason.
    Has Fido had his/her rabies vaccine?

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

MHQ and the €2000 fine are not the reasons why the numbers in hospitals and ICU have plummeted. They have plummeted due to the vaccination of the elderly and vulnerable. In other countries that do not have MHQ or travel fines, the numbers have similarly fallen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EMadLimerick

Thanks, was any documentation required for moving? Pup has full vaccines up to date yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

https://travelsafe.spain.info/en/

Handy one for all the info for spain , note these are current restrictions etc , not after july 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Thanks, was any documentation required for moving? Pup has full vaccines up to date yes.

its probably easier for a pup to travel at the moment to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 EMadLimerick

I meant documentation for us moving haha. But yes, agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Some countries list DOB as a piece of information that they expect to see on vaccine certs.
    That's not on our little HSE card.

PPS number is on it, that's a unique reference. I guess they want DOB as that should match the passport. From my recent experience i'ld say they'll push a lot of the checking into the airlines, you shouldn't get an inbound passenger at arrivals without the right credentials. It's easiest all round that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

If Spain really are accepting antigen tests can I ask how quickly those results take? I've checked Roc Doc and it says 15 minutes but is that really the case?

I'm flying out of Cork where there's a Roc Doc, is that the same as Randox? And I'm trying to figure out how many hours before my flight I'd need to allow if I go the antigen route? Again thanks so much for the help. Excellent information here as always.

We Did those tests for a lot of clients going back to Italy and German (which both accept them).
    General rule was to book the test for 3 hours before the flight and then head to check in. Results are generally in your inbox by the time you get to check in.

Zipppy wrote: »
    I'm fully vaxxed up..debating a quick trip to Spain next week to view a property.
    I'm reading that I'll still need a PCR done within 48hrs prior to travel but that I wont be stopped by anyone?
    What about when I return 2 days later?

I think the duration of your trip will be defined by PCR test on the Spanish side. For the shortest duration, book a PCR test in the Spanish airport as you arrive, you've got 72 hours from then to land back in Ireland.
    Going out, I believe there has been some change in the inbound Spanish requirements, no PCR if vaccinated. My guess is though what Ryanair will accept, they seem to be the agency doing the checking, at least that was my experience last Saturday. Spanish authorities on landing only wanted to see my locator we code, my Irish PCR wasn't checked in Spain, only by Ryanair at the boarding gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭JoChervil

njburke wrote: »
    I think the duration of your trip will be defined by PCR test on the Spanish side. For the shortest duration, book a PCR test in the Spanish airport as you arrive, you've got 72 hours from then to land back in Ireland.
    Going out, I believe there has been some change in the inbound Spanish requirements, no PCR if vaccinated. My guess is though what Ryanair will accept, they seem to be the agency doing the checking, at least that was my experience last Saturday. Spanish authorities on landing only wanted to see my locator we code, my Irish PCR wasn't checked in Spain, only by Ryanair at the boarding gate.

Weird, few hours ago I had a chat with Ryanair and they said I only need my passport and a boarding pass, they don't check tests. It was for a flight to Poland but the conversation was about general rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

So when has it worked so we can stop?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Zipppy wrote: »
    I'm fully vaxxed up..debating a quick trip to Spain next week to view a property.
    I'm reading that I'll still need a PCR done within 48hrs prior to travel but that I wont be stopped by anyone?
    What about when I return 2 days later?

Ireland requires PCR within 72 hours.
    Spain are happy with an Antigen test.

JoChervil wrote: »
    Weird, few hours ago I had a chat with Ryanair and they said I only need my passport and a boarding pass

Well as of Saturday morning they were checking 4 documents at the gate, passport,boarding pass,PCR and Spanish locator form. Maybe it's different for Poland, it wouldn't surprise me these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

Hi all,

My (italian) girlfriend and I (and our dog) would like to travel home to Italy prior to July 19th. Does 'we're moving to Italy' suffice a reason for travel? Rellocation is not listed as a reason for essential travel so we're quite unsure. Any guidance here for proof or what might be deemed an acceptable excuse? Thanks

Similar situation here, said it to the Gardaí at the desk and no problem at all. Wife has Italian passport. Both were checked and the Garda said good luck!

njburke wrote: »
    PPS number is on it, that's a unique reference. I guess they want DOB as that should match the passport. From my recent experience i'ld say they'll push a lot of the checking into the airlines, you shouldn't get an inbound passenger at arrivals without the right credentials. It's easiest all round that way.

Pps isn't on mine. Nothing really except the batch number and date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭embraer170

Pps isn't on mine. Nothing really except the batch number and date

What countries currently require a dob on the vaccine proof?

Germany does not.

embraer170 wrote: »
    What countries currently require a dob on the vaccine proof?

Germany does not.

Asking the wrong man Im afraid. Its a nightmare trying to figure it out at the moment with each country doing its own thing and changing all the time

Asking the wrong man Im afraid. Its a nightmare trying to figure it out at the moment with each country doing its own thing and changing all the time

Yeah absolutely. I did a bit of research this morning on France and Switzerland but was not able to find anything definitive.

I reached out to one of the embassies of the EU countries accepted travellers with proof of vaccination (instead of a test):

- No feedback yet if the HSE vaccine cards cause problems when traveling in Europe (but did not say they would not be accepted in principle);
    - Their Recommendation is to get the yellow vaccination certificate booklets and ask a GP to transfer the vaccination detail from the HSE vaccine card to the booklet.

Seems reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭midnightblue

Skygord wrote: »
    - asked purpose of journey at DUB
    - asked purpose of journey, and whether been anywhere other than Ireland in last 10 days, at MAN
    - need a PCR test within 72 hrs of return travel (you could do it in Ireland before you go, in your case). This will need to be shown before checkin and boarding and at Immigration in DUB.
    - complete Ireland's Passenger Locator Form before return travel. This will be checked at immigration in DUB
    - self quarantine at home in Ireland on return for either 6 days (with HSE PCR test) or 14 days (no HSE PCR test)
    - get a free HSE PCR test 5 days after arrival in Dub
    - get HSE PCR test result 24hrs later, and exit self quarantine 6 days after arrival.

I've done this exact process twice in the past month, flying DUB > MAN to see dying Mum, and then back over again for the funeral. I just exited the 2nd self quarantine yesterday and am freeeee again!

Hi, I'm thinking of flying to Bristol over the August bank holiday (Sat-Mon). I plan to get the PCR test with Randox just before the flight out as it would be within 72 hours of arriving back to Dublin. Could there be issues in this case with immigration in Dublin as the test results would not yet be available then?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

No travel from UK this year

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Hi, I'm thinking of flying to Bristol over the August bank holiday (Sat-Mon). I plan to get the PCR test with Randox just before the flight out as it would be within 72 hours of arriving back to Dublin. Could there be issues in this case with immigration in Dublin as the test results would not yet be available then?

Thank you.

It wont be an issue because it's not needed on entry to uk from ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Gael23 wrote: »
    No travel from UK this year

?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭midnightblue

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    It wont be an issue because it's not needed on entry to uk from ROI.

Thank you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

JoChervil wrote: »
    Weird, few hours ago I had a chat with Ryanair and they said I only need my passport and a boarding pass, they don't check tests. It was for a flight to Poland but the conversation was about general rules.

This is because Poland allows for testing after arrival. Spain, like Ireland, asks for pre-departure testing.

Advertisement