Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Spain are accepting antigen since 7th June. I'm not sure about the regulations for children, somebody else here may be better able to help with that.

I'm now looking into some sort of travel insurance. That was recently discussed on this thread with options suggested but I can't find it through "search."

So could anybody suggest where I might get insurance. Thanks a lot.
    https://www.spth.gob.es/faq?tab=2

found this here, seems the best website so far
    What vaccinations against COVID-19 are allowed to be able to enter Spain?

Any vaccine authorised for marketing by the European Union (European Medicines Agency, EMA) and WHO will be accepted. The complete vaccination schedule must be available for the vaccination certificate to be valid.
    What COVID-19 diagnostic tests are accepted for entry into Spain?

2 types of tests are allowed, with negative result:

Nucleic acid amplification tests (NAAT), which detect the genetic material of the virus (RT-PCR, TMA and RT-LAMP).
    Rapid antigen detection tests (RATs), which detect the presence of virus antigens. The tests accepted are those authorised by the European Commission, which can be consulted at the following link.

These tests must have been carried out (taking of the sample) 48 hours before arrival in Spain.

doesnt mention the 14 days after vaccination...

also ,where does one get one of these rapid antigen tests?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭josip

dodzy wrote: »
    ... Part of me is still convinced that even if they could, it will be intentionally delayed to try to force people to stay and spend their € here for the summer.
    dashoonage wrote: »
    i wonder if it launches on the 19th will i actually be able to download it and get one on the 19th without going to my GP or something mad!

like its not that i don't trust the government its just that well.... i dont.

Your suspicions are valid.
    These are the same people who severely curtailed the Passport Office for the sole reason of enforcing travel restrictions.

Also, some of the key decision makers deciding our level of connectivity with the rest of the world are starting to remind me of this guy.
    1OZTXyz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

https://dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/spain/
    would ya believe, the Irish website still doesnt mention that RAT can be used to get into Spain, even though the Spanish site says it can..

typical Irish...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/feds-ending-hotel-stay-14-day-quarantines-for-fully-vaccinated-canadian-travellers-sources-1.5462527?utm_medium=trueAnthem&fbclid=IwAR3aRYypw_su1wx7N3J133zP8Gp_9rrz4zF77GbjA8JCBtT1Cvy7qhhlCSw&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+New+Content+%28Feed%29&utm_source=facebook&cid=sm%3Atrueanthem%3Actvottawa%3Amanualpost
    OTTAWA -- Canadians who fly into the country and have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will no longer be forced to self-isolate for 14 days after arriving, and will no longer have to stay in a quarantine hotel, CTV News has confirmed.

Fully vaccinated travellers will still have to take a COVID-19 test upon arriving in Canada and will have to isolate until that test result comes back negative.

All I need now is for Ireland to get into gear. I should have my second shot in 3-4 weeks, and 2 weeks after I am fully done. Closer to seeing my family again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,349 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

mmclo wrote: »
    Thinking more about not integrating an EU vaccine in to whatever system Ireland uses to give out the DCC, refusing to do so would be contrary to the DCC regulation and arguably a breach of Art 21 TFEU. If the certificate process overseas isn't good enough we shouldn't have a DCC as it is inherently based on mutual recognition. We are accepting all sorts of certs at the borders at the moment it seems without difficulty including the Gulf. Similar with PCR's

The accompanying text of the regulation states

"the Commission proposes to establish an EUwide framework for the issuance, verification and acceptance of vaccination certificates
    within the EU as part of a “Digital Green Certificate”."

And the contents of what needs to be mutually recognised is set out https://eur-lex.europa.eu/resource.html?uri=cellar:38de66f4-8807-11eb-ac4c-01aa75ed71a1.0024.02/DOC_2&format=PDF

Absolutely but Ireland has no proof of the overseas vaccination, little ability to verify any “record” thereof and this would possibly be negligent is issuing a cert. the proposed regulation is to provide for the mutual recognition of certs between the member state, ie generally Ireland recognising certs issued by Spain in respect of vaccines provided in or by Spainz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Tazz T wrote: »

Jesus wept, so they admit that from july 1st it's a free for all on who can come here but we cant legally* get out of this place for another 19 days after?!

*Or rather we wont be "allowed" get a green cert until the 19th and could still be fined 2k just for the "crime" of going to the airport (before the usual suspects - who are all on my ignore list so dont bother - come along with their usual ****e a la "what's stopping ya leaving huh? what's stopping ya?")

• Registered Users Posts: 10,349 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Tenger wrote: »
    It wasn't a "Gulf state" How did you surmise that?

Its an EU approved vaccine but received in the USA. CDC vaccine card to prove it as well. (Which is just as flimsy as the HSE card)
    The vaccination card was provided to my GP so that their patient records were up to date.

The query relates to whether or not the HSE system would require a HSE vaccination record or would they issue an Irish citizen an DGC for a non-HSE vaccination.

And getting another vaccine isn't that simple. As mixing J&J and Pfizer hasn't been done yet.

No offence intended! There have been numerous reports of Gulf vaccinations of Irish people. Few enough had reported US vaccination and I know of some who have had U.K. vaccination. As you identify yourself, how would the HSE be in a position to establish that the vaccination card was valid. If your GP has updated your records to state that you are vaccinated and this makes it way through to a DCC then I think that is a substantial breach by Ireland. While I do not doubt your bona Fidel, Ireland should not be issuing certs except to the extent that it has established that the vaccination has happened which would mean establishing that the card is correct and that the person who completed it had verified your identity properly. In many cases, for certificates, licences, degrees, commercial documents this is done either via a legalisation or apostille process.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

TefalBrain wrote: »
    Not a chance in hell tbh. They are under serious pressure now as the rest of Europe opens up..

The pressure mounts (but is undoubtedly no match for Tony's ego and inability to ever admit he was wrong,)

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1227157/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Update on those folks who arrived in Spain today.

No issue on the Spanish side. They had input their vaccination details as part of the passenger form. When the QR code was scanned in the Spanish airport, they weren’t asked for any further proof. All was grand.

In summary:

If you’re fully vaccinated you input your details on the Spanish passenger form

No testing is required if vaccinated

As an aside, it’s very busy here in Spain this week compared to previous months. Tourism is very much back. Curfew was ended in my region last night

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

faceman wrote: »

No issue on the Spanish side. They had input their vaccination details as part of the passenger form. When the QR code was scanned in the Spanish airport, they weren’t asked for any further proof. All was grand.

In summary:

As an aside, it’s very busy here in Spain this week compared to previous months. Tourism is very much back. Curfew was ended in my region last night

Brilliant to hear that Faceman. The sense of normality must be fantastic.

One question. Do you get a QR code once you fill in the Spanish passenger form once fully vaccinated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

For those with the questions on Spain, HSE vaccine cards etc; 2 people I know are travelling to Spain from Dublin airport today. They are travelling for tourism

When they reached the Gardai they told them they were fully vaccinated and were waved on. Ryanair were happy with their proof of vaccination. (They didn’t get any pcr or antigen tests)

Will advise how they got on when they arrive Spain. They don’t have any tests
    Did they just produce the vax card?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

In summary:

Where’s the proof of vaccination? Surely not that stupid little card you get once jabbed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mel123

In summary:

Faceman, when are you putting in the details is it on the Spainish locator form? Doing it for the folks as we speak, but i cant fill in the rest of it now until 48 hours before.
    No issues with Ryanair and no test?

SJFly wrote: »
    Sure, but you have to compare like with like. The linked tables showed numbers of vaccines administered, not % of people vaccinated. We don't have detailed figures anymore, but if the estimates are accurate, we are doing as well as most other European countries working with the same supply.

I agree. I thought I was agreeing with you in my post

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    Jesus wept, so they admit that from july 1st it's a free for all on who can come here but we cant legally* get out of this place for another 19 days after?!

*Or rather we wont be "allowed" get a green cert until the 19th and could still be fined 2k just for the "crime" of going to the airport (before the usual suspects - who are all on my ignore list so dont bother - come along with their usual ****e a la "what's stopping ya leaving huh? what's stopping ya?")

If you are getting your legal advise from a random travel agent, I suggest trying elsewhere.

Ireland can absolutely delay until the 19th and nothing has changed in Irish law.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

mel123 wrote: »
    Faceman, when are you putting in the details is it on the Spainish locator form? Doing it for the folks as we speak, but i cant fill in the rest of it now until 48 hours before.
    No issues with Ryanair and no test?

You put it on the form before flying. Ryanair check to make sure you have the QR code. No test if vaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭brickster69

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

siochain wrote: »
    Did they just produce the vax card?

They weren’t asked for it. The details are entered on the locator form in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Question ... what is the story with Travelling to the uk from Belfast with an Irish passport ?
    Is it a 72 hr neg pcr test and is there any questions asked I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Question ... what is the story with Travelling to the uk from Belfast with an Irish passport ?

No test, no questions asked. Most people in Northern Ireland have an Irish passport.

Anyway you don't need a test if flying from Dublin to the UK either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Nobody travelling anywhere from Ireland needs a test to go to the UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭beaz2018

matrim wrote: »
    Nobody travelling anywhere from Ireland needs a test to go to the UK

Yes but the gardai be waiting for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

I'll look for a more reliable source but this will be great news to many. Children under 12 now exempt from having to produce a negative Covid test when entering Spain

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2021/06/09/minimum-age-of-pcr-requirement-to-enter-spain-raised-from-6-to-12-years-old/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=olive%20press#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

As I said, not exactly a newsworthy source so approach with caution!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

No test, no questions asked. Most people in Northern Ireland have an Irish passport.

Anyway you don't need a test if flying from Dublin to the UK either.

Ok so it’s pretty hassle free and ‘normal ‘ by the sounds of it ? Book flights as normal and no need for passanger locator form or neg tests at all? I’m Planning on booking for me and my child to fly over to visit family for a few days - my child wouldn’t need a pcr test anyway as he’s under 5 it’s just me I’d be worried about showing up and getting questioned if I didn’t have one ! I do have 1 vaccine though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Heading to Lanzo for 3 weeks at end of the month. Parking booked. Antigen test booked 4 hours before flight. Started the Spanish Health Form.

At last starting to get a bit excited!

Heading to Lanzo for 3 weeks at end of the month. Parking booked. Antigen test booked 4 hours before flight. Started the Spanish Health Form.

At last starting to get a bit excited!

What will you say to the guards Ray?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

beaz2018 wrote: »
    What will you say to the guards Ray?

Have an essential dental appointment. Doubt they’ll be there at 3.30am when Im passing through anyways to be honest.

Have an essential dental appointment. Doubt they’ll be there at 3.30am when Im passing through anyways to be honest.

Fair play. You are braver than me. I wouldn’t mind too much if they turned me back but it would break the kids hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

beaz2018 wrote: »
    Fair play. You are braver than me. I wouldn’t mind too much if they turned me back but it would break the kids hearts.

Surely they can't turn anyone back? A fine maybe but they can't refuse you entry into another EU state??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

TefalBrain wrote: »
    Surely they can't turn anyone back? A fine maybe but they can't refuse you entry into another EU state??

No but if you don’t turn around they can fine you 2000 per person!

Advertisement