Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Two reasons
    1. Is I dont really trust the Irish Government to implement it in time
    2. Project FEAR - new variant etc..

I concur. I wouldn't be betting on it either way. Although the stobart collapse may have focused the Govt's minds more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

I'm as negative as they come and I dont see either 1) indoor pubs being pushed back or 2) green cert being delayed beyond 19/01

The uk is now the boogie man, they will get blamed for everything and the govt can pretend they are being proactive with the 10 day quarantine. Everything else will go ahead (for the summer anyway no doubt itll all go tits up come September ;-) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

If you want to go to magaluf prior to July 19 just book an appointment here http://theeuropeandentalpractice.com just leave the vino tinto out for 2 weeks after!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Two reasons

No need to be so worried, stop listening to the Irish media, you can leave your own country and whether you want to come back or not, well is up to you.. most of Europe are welcoming visitors and aren't trying to copy the restrictions of Australia and NZ like Holohan/NPHET are...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It's all gas to listen to this again.

It seems forgotten to many that UK society is largely open, it's just mass gatherings still curtailed.

Yet people here are talking about closing out the UK and delaying our already extremely slow reopening.

It's bonkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 nonethepfizer

I'm still just wondering when the decision on the rules for people coming from the UK to Ireland will be made for after July 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    I'm as negative as they come and I dont see either 1) indoor pubs being pushed back or 2) green cert being delayed beyond 19/01

The uk is now the boogie man, they will get blamed for everything and the govt can pretend they are being proactive with the 10 day quarantine. Everything else will go ahead (for the summer anyway no doubt itll all go tits up come September ;-) )

If reopening plans go ahead on July 7, we should see a blip in cases right around 19th (and a corresponding spike in media doommongering in the week leading up to it).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

M_Murphy57 wrote: »

Don't know how much longer Ireland and UK can continue to be outliers and maintain an unwinnable war on Covid for so long whereas the rest of Europe and the U.S are living with it instead of trying to completely defeat it..

Further decimating an Island economy like in Ireland will lead to massive societal issues for the next 2 decades long after Holohan and Martin have left and are enjoying €100k+ a year pensions, as if Fine Fail hadn't destroyed the economy back in 2008 already...

It seems forgotten to many that UK society is largely open, it's just mass gatherings still curtailed.

Yet people here are talking about closing out the UK and delaying our already extremely slow reopening.

It's bonkers.

I'm off down to Tesco to get a shop in now, and will be going out for a few pints and a meal at the weekend....

restrictions:
    -try stay 2m apart
    -wear a face covering when moving around indoors
    -scan into the track and trace app (supposed to, most don't)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

In fairness the UK will still have fairly restrictive international travel rules after 'freedom day', although opening nightclubs seems like a lifetime away in the ROI right now

• Advertisement

I'm off down to Tesco to get a shop in now, and will be going out for a few pints and a meal at the weekend....

restrictions:
    -try stay 2m apart
    -wear a face covering when moving around indoors
    -scan into the track and trace app (supposed to, most don't)

When you take to the internet to boast about Tony allowing you to go to Tesco, you've lost the run of yourself.

Valhallapt wrote: »
    When you take to the internet to boast about Tony allowing you to go to Tesco, you've lost the run of yourself.

who's Tony? I'm in the UK and have been doing the above the last couple of months..

Been back boxing training nearly 2 months too, with no restrictions, I'd have thought that was high risk, but no...

Did go to a kids soft play with the kids when they opened, kids got sick and we go sick, wasn't Covid though...

who's Tony? I'm in the UK and have been doing the above the last couple of months..

Been back boxing training nearly 2 months too, with no restrictions, I'd have thought that was high risk, but no...

Did go to a kids soft play with the kids when they opened, kids got sick and we go sick, wasn't Covid though...

Apologies I mistook your post. I thought you were claiming Ireland is no different that the rest of Europe in terms of restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Dr. Em wrote: »
    So far, the official government sources are discussing extending the home quarantine requirement if you are coming from the UK. Instead of being able to test out of home quarantine after day 5, you would have to stay at home for a full 10 days. This would not apply if you have been vaccinated with both doses. Some opposition politicians are calling for mandatory hotel quarantine instead of home quarantine, but the government parties are reluctant to go that far.

I’m due to fly out at the end of the end of the week , I’m going with a pcr test even though they state you don’t need one to fly into the uk but I don’t want to get turned away for the reason of not having one . Hopefully it will be smooth and it will stay at 5 day self isolation by the time I return

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

I’m due to fly out at the end of the end of the week , I’m going with a pcr test even though they state you don’t need one to fly into the uk but I don’t want to get turned away for the reason of not having one . Hopefully it will be smooth and it will stay at 5 day self isolation by the time I return
    you mean 10 days surely, and take your 2 tests when you come back to avoid that becoming 14

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Very few people are doing the home isolation, and even fewer who've had a vaccine (or two)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Feeling increasingly worried about my July 25th trip to Spain

You are literally worried over nothing. The EU has your back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

Very few people are doing the home isolation, and even fewer who've had a vaccine (or two)

I’ve seen this stated a good few times lately, How do you know the numbers doing home isolating is low? Genuine question- I’ve traveled 3 time during the pandemic and have followed the home isolation guidelines each time, maybe I’m the fool for thinking others were mostly doing the same.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

It's bonkers.

I keep saying it but there are some people who revelled in the lockdowns. They would rejoice if there is a massive setback and a new variant was not responsive to vaccines. Unfortunately for them the game is up and they have to go back to reality in a few weeks time :)

Two reasons

There is no project fear
    If 1000's more died like what happened after Xmas,the government would be slammed by the public
    The news is good so far but fúck me it was good in Jan 20 too..

Unless there's an earthquake in deaths and hospitalisations in the UK,there'll be no chance of July 19th being pushed out
    There will be ongoing revisions of the red list and that's 100% right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

I’ve seen this stated a good few times lately, How do you know the numbers doing home isolating is low? Genuine question- I’ve traveled 3 time during the pandemic and have followed the home isolation guidelines each time, maybe I’m the fool for thinking others were mostly doing the same.

For ITA and FRA later on in the year (August) I did not as it was not required.

Did the UK in November, not sure if I did then though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Dr. Em

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    Any idea on a timeline for when they'll make a decision on this? I've googled and can't find any date for an announcement on this.

Panicking a little because I have to travel to the UK soon, although I'm fully vaxxed

No idea. Depending on pressure, they could make an announcement in the next day or two, or put it off. Until there is an official announcement, the current rules stand, but that isn't much help for planning travel in the near future. If you are fully vaccinated, lighter restrictions should apply - probably.

They are ramping up the second doses of AZ now that they have decided to issue the second dose at 8 weeks so if you got the az jab, don't worry as you will be called shortly.

I see the Czech republic are still only recognizing certain countries when it comes to vaccinations. Fascinating to see when you consider people were adamant that the eu wouldn't allow our mhq system.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,974 ✭✭✭✭josip

They are ramping up the second doses of AZ now that they have decided to issue the second dose at 8 weeks so if you got the az jab, don't worry as you will be called shortly.

I see the Czech republic are still only recognizing certain countries when it comes to vaccinations. Fascinating to see when you consider people were adamant that the eu wouldn't allow our mhq system.

I thought that from the 1st of July they were recognising the EU Covid Cert?
    https://praguemorning.cz/czechs-to-open-borders-for-eu-citizens-on-june-21/

Thats the fire break clause
    If Holohan says no magaluf (unlikely) he has the right to say so and the government have the right to act,covid cert or no covid cert

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

The Czechs seem to be allowing people vaccinated from certain low risk countries to forego any testing requirements. Those who aren't vaccinated from low risk countries and medium risk (including Ireland it seems) still don't need to quarantine there if they have a negative test (which can be an antigen test).

This is a much kinder system than Ireland's, despite the fact they have lower infection rates than here so logically have a bit more to worry about with incoming travel. The EU sets recommendations for restrictions that countries are free to take a looser approach to. When a country contravenes the recommendations with a stricter approach like Ireland did, the EU has tended to express concern.

Thats the fire break clause
    If Holohan says no magaluf (unlikely) he has the right to say so and the government have the right to act,covid cert or no covid cert
    josip wrote: »
    I thought that from the 1st of July they were recognising the EU Covid Cert?
    https://praguemorning.cz/czechs-to-open-borders-for-eu-citizens-on-june-21/

It's the 15th June lads. Nothing to do with the cert at all.

I'm showing how countries can easily add or remove eu countries to their own restrictions. Remember the eu was going to launch into action and overthrow the mhq eu list thanks to a few online complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

you mean 10 days surely, and take your 2 tests when you come back to avoid that becoming 14

Firstly you don't need any test or quarantine going to UK from Ireland.
    https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/great-britain/
    When travelling from Ireland to Britain there is no requirement to provide a Covid-19 test or to fill out a passenger locator form, as set out on Gov.uk.

Coming back rules is in debate & again usual mish mash of mixed messages.
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/travellers-from-britain-must-quarantine-for-10-days-to-hold-back-delta-variant-minister-1141768.html

"The Cabinet is expected to decide to increase the self-isolation period for travellers from Britain from five to 10 days for partially vaccinated people. Fully vaccinated passengers will face no quarantine. Two negative PCR tests will also need to be produced by travellers."

So - if fully vaccinated then no pcr or no quarantine? Or still need PCR - but no quarantine or....?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,974 ✭✭✭✭josip

I'm showing how countries can easily add or remove eu countries to their own restrictions. Remember the eu was going to launch into action and overthrow the mhq eu list thanks to a few online complaints

Sorry Niner, I'm a bit lost.
    What have the Czech Republics more lax restrictions got to to with the EU not overthrowing Ireland's MHQ?

• Advertisement

Yes but the EU has given member states that discretion for to apply an emergency break to certain countries in relation to the covid cert
    Which is what I said

The covid cert isn't bullet proof for unrestricted EU travel

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_21_2121

Advertisement