Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

1) If you do not avail of the HSEs Day 5 PCR test, then you must stay at home for 14 days and cannot WFH.
    2) If you do avail of the HSEs Day 5 PCR test, you cannot WFH for Day 1 - 5, but can WFH for Day 6 - 14. You still cannot go back to work from day 6 - 14. They have openly said that this is "in addition to" the general government requirements.
    Seems a bit silly on the face of it that you can't work from home until you've had a PCR test. It is as if they are worried about transmission of the virus through the computer screen or phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

Dr. Em wrote: »
    Challenge accepted. ;-) Yes, I have too much time on my hands.
    At a quick read through ReopenEU, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Greece, Iceland, Latvia, Malta, Romania, Slovenia, and Switzerland are not accepting any tests other than PCR.
    Hungary is unclear, but foreign nationals have to apply to the police for permission to enter the state, which makes it a moot point for most Irish citizens.
    Edit: those are current restrictions. It doesn't show their plans for after July 1.

But many/most of these apply the ECDC colour code which we seem to have forgotten, so no test for Green or Orange

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

josip wrote: »
    I would have thought that on a Dublin-bound flight, the HSE paper card cert thingy would be acceptable as proof of vaccination?
    I can understand immigration at other EU countries being a bit dubious of our piece of paper, but surely Ireland (and any airline flying here) can't refuse to accept it as proof of vaccination?

The HSE paper card thing is accepted... Just waiting on the Irish to get the finger out and setup the QR code/Green cert.

Barna77 wrote: »
    I'm booking flights to Spain in September.
    Now I live in hope that the "vaccine passport" application system doesn't collapse too whenever it's available

I checked some of the prices to say Alicante in September.. My god... around €280 - 300 for one person return with cabin bags... :eek:

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    Yeah but the lads working in the lab are Irish too.

What if *they* put butter or gin & tonics into your test to tamper with the result?

Theres no end to our thickness/untrustability as a nation tbf.

And as pointed out on the radio why would people fake a positive result!

• Advertisement

Skippette wrote: »
    But as you said from the 19th the DCC applies. So a PS/CS worker cannot be discriminated against someone working in the Private sector.

If you go away before the 19th, the above rules apply. If after and within the EU there shouldn't be any issue.

Your boss/line manger may still have to be told in case you decide after the 19th to go on a round the world trip(tongue firmly in cheek) and the handbrake mechanism is applied which may result in extra tests or quarantine.

That's my reading of it anyways?

Where the public sector unions?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

mmclo wrote: »
    And as pointed out on the radio why would people fake a positive result!

If you did it more than a month before travel you wouldn't need a PCR test because you'd count as recovered from COVID.

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    The HSE paper card thing is accepted... Just waiting on the Irish to get the finger out and setup the QR code/Green cert.

Accepted by the airline? Or by whom?
    Where have you seen evidence that the HSE vaccination card is accepted?
    I'm not being contentious here it's just that if someone rocks up to a check in desk with a HSE card and are told a pcr is needed to return to Ireland, they've missed their flight in my depart 18th arrive after midnight so its the 19th of July example

I checked some of the prices to say Alicante in September.. My god... around €280 - 300 for one person return with cabin bags... :eek:

Business class is cheaper, better service too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If its to be used on the 19th,registration for it has to be before that
    Where is the 17th date coming from?

I think from my post in the Spain travel thread. I asked my vaccinator about what they in the HSE knew and she told me it is getting actually released on the 17th in time for the 19th travel use. Apparently, some HSE personnel has been trialing it hence the inside information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Seems a bit silly on the face of it that you can't work from home until you've had a PCR test. It is as if they are worried about transmission of the virus through the computer screen or phone.

Its more to do with "Its ok, I'll travel because I can just WFH". Deliberately banning people from WFH for the 14 days makes it simply not worthwhile travelling.

I think from my post in the Spain travel thread. I asked my vaccinator about what they in the HSE knew and she told me it is getting actually released on the 17th in time for the 19th travel use. Apparently, some HSE personnel has been trialing it hence the inside information.

Pound to a penny says there will be a geo locator block on applying for it outside Ireland
    I use a smart dns here for U.S Netflix and you cannot access the hse portal when it's turned on
    You get an error message to say its not available outside Ireland

josip wrote: »
    I would have thought that on a Dublin-bound flight, the HSE paper card cert thingy would be acceptable as proof of vaccination?

I can understand immigration at other EU countries being a bit dubious of our piece of paper, but surely Ireland (and any airline flying here) can't refuse to accept it as proof of vaccination?

I don't think it contains the information set out in the relevant Statutory Instrument http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2021/si/173/made/en/print

Accepted by the airline? Or by whom?
    Where have you seen evidence that the HSE vaccination card is accepted?
    I'm not being contentious here it's just that if someone rocks up to a check in desk with a HSE card and are told a pcr is needed to return to Ireland, they've missed their flight in my depart 18th arrive after midnight so its the 19th of July example

I've seen it, someone presented the HSE card you get after the jab and was allowed board, so no issues there.... not sure about coming into Ireland but they're hardly likely to refuse to accept your HSE card...

I've seen it, someone presented the HSE card you get after the jab and was allowed board, so no issues there.... not sure about coming into Ireland but they're hardly likely to refuse to accept your HSE card...

Where? In Dublin Airport ? heading where ? What airline? I thought that was done at check in not at the boarding gate
    Hardly likely isn't certainty
    You'd need to know its the policy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

not sure about coming into Ireland but they're hardly likely to refuse to accept your HSE card...
    Logically they should not have a problem with it if Spain is accepting it, but that is making an assumption. An expensive mistake if wrong.

How do you get the cert of you got called by the hospital for your vaccine, or got it through your gp?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

TomSweeney wrote: »
    FYI Spain to drop the nonsensical outdoor mask wearing law soon - I'm hearing from July 1

https://english.elpais.com/spain/2021-06-16/spanish-pm-announces-that-face-masks-will-soon-not-be-mandatory-outdoors.html

I saw that a few days ago but to doesn’t give any timeline .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

mmclo wrote: »

The system crashed in Germany with queues outside pharmacies two months. You can just imagine the chaos here as I'm sure we won't get a two week run-in here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/14/germans-told-to-be-patient-as-chemists-start-covid-vaccine-pass-scheme

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

You can thank the Irish government for those high prices. The impact to regional airports in Ireland outside of Dublin due to the restrictions means that the cork/Shannon/Kerry routes to Alicante are severely limited in September

If it’s manageable you might get a better price from Belfast

Public sector block on travel is still in place.... no non essential travel until the 19th. You have to inform your employer if you are going abroad and must book leave for the 14 days upon your return.

You cannot work from home by default during this time.

1) If you do not avail of the HSEs Day 5 PCR test, then you must stay at home for 14 days and cannot WFH.
    2) If you do avail of the HSEs Day 5 PCR test, you cannot WFH for Day 1 - 5, but can WFH for Day 6 - 14. You still cannot go back to work from day 6 - 14. They have openly said that this is "in addition to" the general government requirements.

I can still see a "no non essential travel" or some other restrictive **** for public sector staff come the 19th July. I can't see them opening the floodgates. There'll be something.

Of course this would the thrown out of court very quickly, but no-one has taken this policy to court yet.

Oh but aren't the public sector unions always going to court and going on strike?!?!? I'm sure I read that here or the journal before :)

How do you get the cert of you got called by the hospital for your vaccine, or got it through your gp?

Presumably you mean a registered practice that's in contact with the hse and uploads your vaccination record

Lumen wrote: »
    If you did it more than a month before travel you wouldn't need a PCR test because you'd count as recovered from COVID.

Not from a private antigen test you wouldn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Last week, Minister of State, Ossian Smith confirmed that the State could immediately issue certificates to more than one million Irish residents who registered for vaccination through the Health Services Executive portal.

What way will they work the hundreds of thousands who got the jab via their GP/not on the portal?

It's 100% public image.

Imagine the outcry if a public servant was working from home after traveling against a government advisory!

(it has applied to essential travel since March as well)

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    What way will they work the hundreds of thousands who got the jab via their GP/not on the portal?

You will need to apply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

You will need to apply

On the portal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

You will need to apply

So there'll be a travel cert portal and you'll input your PPS etc?

Advertisement