Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

faceman wrote: »
    You can thank the Irish government for those high prices. The impact to regional airports in Ireland outside of Dublin due to the restrictions means that the cork/Shannon/Kerry routes to Alicante are severely limited in September

If it’s manageable you might get a better price from Belfast

If its any good to you, Knock to Alicante (04/09) 86.99 and Alicante to Knock (11/09) 58.99, prices seem reasonable enough for the month.

And yes, before anyone gives out there is a Development fee of €10 pp over 12 leaving the airport. But it is a brilliant service to have in the West and you can see the developments in the Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

How do you get the cert of you got called by the hospital for your vaccine, or got it through your gp?

GPs upload the vaccination details from their IT system to the HSEs

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    So there'll be a travel cert portal and you'll input your PPS etc?

We have to "register" for them?!

Oh jesus, are they going to be rolled out manually ie you register and wait for a civil servant to issue them behind the scenes?! None of us have a ****ing hope so!

I just checked Google flights and there are return flights to alicante every day in September from Dublin from 127 euros to 199 return depending on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,972 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Advertisement

M_Murphy57 wrote: »

Oh jesus, are they going to be rolled out manually ie you register and wait for a civil servant to issue them behind the scenes?! None of us have a ****ing hope so!

Will the civil service be on holidays last week July, first 2 weeks August like the builders?

josip wrote: »
    Will the civil service be on holidays last week July, first 2 weeks August like the builders?

Or a 6 week summer recess like the Dail? Maybe that's why they picked the 19th july? Lights out, no one home?

ah ffs, were still grey!

So there'll be a travel cert portal and you'll input your PPS etc?
    On the portal?

I would assume so. The annoucement about automatic was that those vaccinated through the centres would be automatic. I assume everyone else will have to apply

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

ah ffs, were still grey!

What does that mean for people travelling from Ireland at the moment? Are we considered the same as red because there is no data?

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,347 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

You will need to apply

Are you sure? I had GP cvaccine and decided to test what portal status was - won't allow registration based on PPSN. I would take this to mean that the various interfaces link into a single database registering the vaccines by reference to PPSN. on this bais, I would expect the DCC to be available on the same terms to all those vaccinated, irrespective of the mechanism.

What does that mean for people travelling from Ireland at the moment? Are we considered the same as red because there is no data?

Possible.

I was hoping we went orange for simplicity but it could well effect your plans. Country Im travelling to uses their own map and list that shadows this one, I can but cross my fingers

Marcusm wrote: »
    Are you sure? I had GP cvaccine and decided to test what portal status was - won't allow registration based on PPSN. I would take this to mean that the various interfaces link into a single database registering the vaccines by reference to PPSN. on this bais, I would expect the DCC to be available on the same terms to all those vaccinated, irrespective of the mechanism.

No, of course Im not sure. Im just presuming the obvious method.

I dont think the vaccine portal will be the one used will it? Surely a seperate site will go live in July

• Registered Users Posts: 10,347 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

No, of course Im not sure. Im just presuming the obvious method.

I dont think the vaccine portal will be the one used will it? Surely a seperate site will go live in July

They are using a Salesforce front end run by IBM for the vaccine portal. I would e expect this will feed into a single database which will also be populated from the GP and hospital vaccinations. Creating a separate front end for the DCC might be posssible but I expect it will just be an app which verifies against the combined database. Duplication of the processes/databases would be very inadvisable as there would be so many errors with limited ability to handle the calls, texts and emails to fix them. It's possible that the might link it through mygovid but a lot of people don't have PSC cards so this might be more cumbersome.

Between this and the ransomware attack, it's possible that we might end up with a comprehensive healthcare database. That of course is potentially more troublesome if the UK is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

Becoming an important question, Belgium update their national lists based on this every Sunday (who knows why) and have Ireland as Orange ever since it was grey but how long can that last.

Oddly enough we know the daily cases even if they're not precise it's only deaths that are missing which don't count

Until the DCC role out the colours are used widely and Orange is good

Marcusm wrote: »
    They are using a Salesforce front end run by IBM for the vaccine portal. I would e expect this will feed into a single database which will also be populated from the GP and hospital vaccinations. Creating a separate front end for the DCC might be posssible but I expect it will just be an app which verifies against the combined database. Duplication of the processes/databases would be very inadvisable as there would be so many errors with limited ability to handle the calls, texts and emails to fix them. It's possible that the might link it through mygovid but a lot of people don't have PSC cards so this might be more cumbersome.

Between this and the ransomware attack, it's possible that we might end up with a comprehensive healthcare database. That of course is potentially more troublesome if the UK is anything to go by.

You have clearly looked into this more than I have so I'll simple nod in sage agreement.

M_Murphy57 wrote: »

Meanwhile on a planet far far away in a parallel universe, there are 18 people in ICU with Covid, eighteen.
    The leader of the planet says unvaccinated or partially vaccinated people shouldn't go on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Going by today's NPHET press conference it sounds like NPHET will put as much pressure as possible on the government to put barriers in place for not fully vaccinated people from travelling. Be interesting to hear more details on our green cert as we get closer to the date as government have been very vague on details so far.

Fully vaccinated as of today.
    Ready to go :D

bubblypop wrote: »

Not for another 2 weeks you're not :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Klonker wrote: »
    Going by today's NPHET press conference it sounds like NPHET will put as much pressure as possible on the government to put barriers in place for not fully vaccinated people from travelling. Be interesting to hear more details on our green cert as we get closer to the date as government have been very vague on details so far.

Cant really do much with regards people leaving from July 19th other than put out a heap of disinformation out there. Which is their modus operandi to be fair.

Even yesterday when Tony said “vaccinated people can go on holidays”. I know he thinks he’s a deity at this stage but is he now creating the entry requirements for Spain, Portugal etc?

Actually 1 week if as is likely,she was done with Pfizer

On Nphet and Holohan-All they're at is instilling as much caution as possible for the next month until 1 months more are vaccinated ,over a million more jabs
    Thats sensible
    They're using every verbal trick in the book

What the government has done on travel is give them until July 19th to do that and no more
    After that it's EU rules
    The government could have delayed untill August 14th but didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

What way will they work the hundreds of thousands who got the jab via their GP/not on the portal?

I've a feeling that's going to be a disaster. I suppose if someone gets vaccinated at a HSE vaccination centre like City West etc.. they'll have all your details when you log into the portal for your QR code for the passport but may not have that info for everyone done at their GP.

Who knows though maybe they'll surprise us all and it will work seamlessly from the 19th..

Well, tbf, I wouldn't ever go on holidays in July or August anyway!

Actually 1 week if as is likely,she was done with Pfizer

On Nphet and Holohan-All they're at is instilling as much caution as possible for the next month until 1 months more are vaccinated ,over a million more jabs
    Thats sensible
    They're using every verbal trick in the book

What the government has done on travel is give them until July 19th to do that and no more
    After that it's EU rules
    The government could have delayed untill August 14th but didn't

Doesn't that only come into effect when Ireland implements the DCC, ie 19th of July?
    Before then, we're relying on the HSE Cert if traveling based on vaccination and in that case it's 2 weeks as far as I know, although this may be specific to UK/US citizens or people coming from those countries.
    https://www.thelocal.fr/20210604/how-can-travellers-to-france-from-non-eu-countries-prove-they-are-vaccinated/
    May differ from country to country what they accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pouladuff_goal

TefalBrain wrote: »
    I've a feeling that's going to be a disaster. I suppose if someone gets vaccinated at a HSE vaccination centre like City West etc.. they'll have all your details when you log into the portal for your QR code for the passport but may not have that info for everyone done at their GP.

Who knows though maybe they'll surprise us all and it will work seamlessly from the 19th..

When they want something to work they rarely get it right. When it suits them for this to go tits up and lockdown for another few months then........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭rameire

Hoping to travel to the UK at the start of August for 8 days.
    Think I'm understanding it correctly for the following.
    2 adults fully vaccinated. 1 child age 11.

Leaving Ireland no issues and no requirement of tests.
    Returning.
    Child will require a PCR test before departure.
    Adults who are fully vaccinated will not require a test.
    But must isolate and have a pcr in Ireland on day 5 after return.

Is that it?

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Cant really do much with regards people leaving from July 19th other than put out a heap of disinformation out there. Which is their modus operandi to be fair.

Even yesterday when Tony said “vaccinated people can go on holidays”. I know he thinks he’s a deity at this stage but is he now creating the entry requirements for Spain, Portugal etc?

I don't know, I hope you're right but I think they'll try their best block unvaccinated people from travelling.

Below is from RTE from todays briefing:
    ' Asked about the EU Covid certificate for travel, and whether the NPHET advice was contradictory to the advice of the Digital Green Cert, Dr Ronan Glynn said some of that is being looked at as we speak.

In relation to the issue of the requirement for testing or otherwise as an alternative for people who are not vaccinated or not immune from previous infection, he said part of that was going to depend on the epidemiological situation in the country from where people are coming and that will differ across Europe. It differs right now, he said, and they would need to look close to the date of exactly what they are seeing.

He said the issue of an emergency break has to remain as an option.
    '

rameire wrote: »
    Hoping to travel to the UK at the start of August for 8 days.
    Think I'm understanding it correctly for the following.
    2 adults fully vaccinated. 1 child age 11.

Leaving Ireland no issues and no requirement of tests.
    Returning.
    Child will require a PCR test before departure.
    Adults who are fully vaccinated will not require a test.
    But must isolate and have a pcr in Ireland on day 5 after return.

Is that it?

As far as we know at the moment there will be no need for anyone of ye to isolate on return but details are very vague with a lot of mixed messages.

If you fly back to Belfast there would be no tests required and no isolating.

Updated bolded part above. There's no issues flying from Dublin, its the return journey where flying to Belfast would save you a test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭zvone

bubblypop wrote: »

Fully unvaccinated as of yesterday, today, tomorrow etc etc. But still... Ready to go :D
    Test is the best. :)

Advertisement