Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Travel will be discouraged I'm sure

I just hope laws and public sector advice adheres to the covid cert rules

Let's be honest, only a small cohort will be going on holidays , but theres a bigger section who have genuine links abroad and havent seen their family or network in up to 12 months, they must be allowed do that without prejudice from 19 July

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Tony isn't out there with an RTE crew getting people in headlocks as they try to get to the terminal.

Be grand.

😆 I love this image !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

24th of July? To where? Did they say why?

Salou, just commercial reasons.

Disappointing have two small kids and was the only fight not at 6.15am.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭jellies

"Denmark opens up for all tourists from the US

18 June 2021
    17:43 CEST

Denmark has ranked the US as "yellow" in its latest travel guidelines, meaning US residents can now travel to Denmark for tourism even if they have not been vaccinated.

From Saturday, following a recent EU review of third countries, the US, as well as Albania, Lebanon, Northern Macedonia, Serbia, and Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macao, have all been ranked “yellow”, for the purposes of entry to Denmark.

This means that travellers from these countries and regions no longer need a so-called “worthy purpose” to travel to Denmark, opening the way for trips for tourism and other leisure purposes. Travellers from these countries and regions also no longer need to show a negative coronavirus test before boarding their plane or isolate on arrival (see requirements in the chart from the Danish police below)."

Good to see US to Europe travel starting to open up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Anyone use the randox antigen testing at Dublin airport?

I was planning on getting the bus to the airport, then getting antigen test done there, but the latest booking I can get is 4 hours before my flight. That’s a long time with two small kids..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭embraer170

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Anyone use the randox antigen testing at Dublin airport?

I was planning on getting the bus to the airport, then getting antigen test done there, but the latest booking I can get is 4 hours before my flight. That’s a long time with two small kids..

Yes, worked out fine for me.

Are all later slots booked ?

"June 19 2021 06:08 AM
    Minister Stephen Donnelly has announced the removal of Canada from the list of designated States for mandatory hotel quarantine, with effect today.
    While Canada is removed, the Minster for Health has chosen to add Mongolia to the list of designated States. The decision was taken following advice received by the Chief Medical Officer Tony Holohan."

Ah jaysus. That's the Mongolia trip cancelled for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

embraer170 wrote: »
    Yes, worked out fine for me.

Are all later slots booked ?

Yea all booked out. Also do I have to beep separately for each person or can 4 of us be seen within the same slot?

Travel will be discouraged I'm sure

I just hope laws and public sector advice adheres to the covid cert rules

Let's be honest, only a small cohort will be going on holidays , but theres a bigger section who have genuine links abroad and havent seen their family or network in up to 12 months, they must be allowed do that without prejudice from 19 July

Unlawful discrimination will still be unlawful on July 19th
    That includes unfair dismissal/withdrawal of statutory holiday rights/threats etc etc
    Where you go is none of your employers business
    The only issue I see is the off chance you were denied boarding a flight home due to a positive test meaning you end up absent from work
    Thats something,a risk never having had to be dealt with pre pandemic

What people need to Understand here is Holohan has a remit
    The more unvaccinated people he can keep locked up,the better his remit on the pandemic is fulfilled because obviously it reduces cases
    Thats just him doing part of his job
    Its only advisory
    His various announcements will work to an extent
    I don't fault him that objective even if it's by hook or by crook he's doing it
    We here know better and can take our own informed decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedPaddyX

Unlawful discrimination will still be unlawful on July 19th
    That includes unfair dismissal/withdrawal of statutory holiday rights/threats etc etc
    Where you go is none of your employers business
    The only issue I see is the off chance you were denied boarding a flight home due to a positive test meaning you end up absent from work
    Thats something,a risk never having had to be dealt with pre pandemic

What people need to Understand here is Holohan has a remit
    The more unvaccinated people he can keep locked up,the better his remit on the pandemic is fulfilled because obviously it reduces cases
    Thats just him doing part of his job
    Its only advisory
    His various announcements will work to an extent
    I don't fault him that objective even if it's by hook or by crook he's doing it
    We here know better and can take our own informed decisions

Exactly. His constant proclamations are annoying but the fault is with the Government who are only too happy to hide behind NPHET and CMO throughout this crisis. Weak and cowardly governance. And they are not doing their job. Their job is to listen, weigh up all different aspects health vs economy vs jobs vs unions vs international reputation vs what the people want and determine best balanced decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Has anybody any info on what we are reasonably looking at after July 19th?

Got a text from Irish ferries saying for entry to france from Ireland need negative PCR (over 11) or fully vaccinated (is it 2 weeks after 2nd dose?!).

What about coming back from France to Ireland, is there any indication what the requirements might be?

Looking at maybe going in August, should be full vaccinated by then, will just need one test for my eldest son.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Free PCR tests for the months of July and August here in the Netherlands for foreign travel announced yesterday. Government seem to be actively encouraging travel over summer to safe countries.

As of 10:00 today, anyone over 18 can schedule a vaccine if they want.

Interesting to see the contrast between here and Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Drumpot wrote: »

Got a text from Irish ferries saying for entry to france from Ireland need negative PCR (over 11) or fully vaccinated (is it 2 weeks after 2nd dose?!).

What about coming back from France to Ireland, is there any indication what the requirements might be?

Looking at maybe going in August, should be full vaccinated by then, will just need one test for my eldest son.

I’m the same. Two weeks after the second dose seems to be the EU rule, so while I’ll have two doses I’ll still need antigen tests before going to France. Coming back I’ll be okay but eldest kid will need PCR test.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

Just arrived in Dublin Airport from Sofia.

Check in at Sofia was slow and laborious as they checked each covid test with great scrutiny. Was also asked for proof the passenger locator form was completed. Airport quite busy.

Arrival in Dub was a breeze just show covid test and locator form. Was asked if I lived in Ireland.

Now just waiting for the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭normanoffside

France are giving free PCR tests to foreign tourists. Might save you a few quid coming back

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/france-offers-free-covid-19-tests-to-tourists/2243900#

So is France nit participating in the green certificate?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Gael23 wrote: »

Of course they're participating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Gael23 wrote: »

They are indeed:
    https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/frances-covid-19-vaccine-passport-to-be-updated-on-june-22/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

I know people in this thread have been critical of the press coverage of travel restrictions, and sometimes with good reason. I was broadly pleased with the reaction to the CMO's latest rant though. You only had to browse the front pages in a shop to see it stated that he is contradicting the EU Green Cert. If anything he may have ended up alerting some unvaccinated people of their right to travel freely around Europe with a test or proof of recent infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

yer man! wrote: »
    Free PCR tests for the months of July and August here in the Netherlands for foreign travel announced yesterday. Government seem to be actively encouraging travel over summer to safe countries.

As of 10:00 today, anyone over 18 can schedule a vaccine if they want.

Interesting to see the contrast between here and Ireland.

Screens for the Euro 2020 matches to be allowed inside and out here in a week or so as well. Masks to be ditched in stores etc soon as well as long as distancing is done.

Coveney very disappointing on RTE today at lunchtime:

He was factually incorrect (I'm being generous) in stating that PCR would be required to travel to other EU countries.

Also said that PCR was more accurate than antigen. Again, we know PCR is completely useless for trips of 3 days and less.

Stena line were on to state that demand on Liverpool to Belfast is double what it was in 2019. So they have moved one of their ferries from Dublin to Holyhead. Coveney stated that he wants sharing of information from NI to track down people. Viva la police state.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

rocky1813 wrote: »

Well of course its true. They have announced it. still indoors for a while longer though so on par with Ireland for masks. Masks in the heat and Niner did not get along.
    jellies wrote: »
    Coveney stated that he wants sharing of information from NI to track down people. Viva la police state.

Whatever you do, do NOT read about Interpol, Europol, European arrest warrants or SIS information sharing system which Northern Ireland is not a part of purely because of Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,347 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Whatever you do, do NOT read about Interpol, Europol, European arrest warrants or SIS information sharing system which Northern Ireland is not a part of purely because of Brexit.

I take it you didn’t hear it? His statement was ludicrous is suggesting that whichever of the various U.K. governments would have to provide passenger locator form data in respect of what is to them a wholly domestic trip in respect of which they don’t collect such data. Even for a London-Belfast flight, BA will accept a debit or credit card in the putative passenger name (anecdotally, they don’t even care whether the gender matches up not to mind the identity). His ask was silly. It’s clear that, in part, these are being rerouted to avoid difficulties in entering Ireland directly. He would have to make a more specific request and they would need to file it in the circular storage system until them implement an ID system for wholly internal trips. Sure, even the baggage carousels for those flights are accessible on a walk in basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Mark1916 wrote: »

Really wish they would give access to it in advance for those hoping to travel that week.

Greece have upped their age requirement for PCR to 12years plus, we are booked for the end of July so we don't need any tests on the way out, I wonder will Ireland do the same? Wont hold my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

dashoonage wrote: »
    Really wish they would give access to it in advance for those hoping to travel that week.

Have they confirmed they wont make it available in advance ie by at least the 18th or are people speculating/assuming the worst?

Advertisement