Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kickmark19

Arrived at Dublin airport 4am for 6am flight. Didn't come across any gardai at T1 dropoff or inside the airport. I used fast track security so not sure if they were at the regular security.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

kickmark19 wrote: »
    Arrived at Dublin airport 4am for 6am flight. Didn't come across any gardai at T1 dropoff or inside the airport. I used fast track security so not sure if they were at the regular security.

They set up at 7 I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,264 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

rocky1813 wrote: »

Probably is, the Spanish are probably desperate to get into our headlines and in fairness your chances of picking it up outside is slim unless there's a huge crowd around you
    Gael23 wrote: »
    They set up at 7 I believe

Checking what if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Hilzabeaatch

Greece have upped their age requirement for PCR to 12years plus, we are booked for the end of July so we don't need any tests on the way out, I wonder will Ireland do the same? Wont hold my breath.

Not only that but Greece will also accept antigen tests now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,644 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Canada off the mandatory hotel quarantine, that is step one at least.

• Advertisement

Marcusm wrote: »
    I take it you didn’t hear it? His statement was ludicrous is suggesting that whichever of the various U.K. governments would have to provide passenger locator form data in respect of what is to them a wholly domestic trip in respect of which they don’t collect such data. Even for a London-Belfast flight, BA will accept a debit or credit card in the putative passenger name (anecdotally, they don’t even care whether the gender matches up not to mind the identity). His ask was silly. It’s clear that, in part, these are being rerouted to avoid difficulties in entering Ireland directly. He would have to make a more specific request and they would need to file it in the circular storage system until them implement an ID system for wholly internal trips. Sure, even the baggage carousels for those flights are accessible on a walk in basis.

Fair enough. So how does a stupid request for information that doesnt even exist, equate to a police state?

Czech republic as of Monday are accepting vaccinated people. Vaccinated to them is after 22 days of your first jab regardless of type once its an approved EU one.

and yes, the card is acceptable proof I am told

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Czech republic as of Monday are accepting vaccinated people. Vaccinated to them is after 22 years of your first jab regardless of type once its an approved EU one.

Quoted for posterity :P And we think Ireland is draconian!!

Quoted for posterity :P And we think Ireland is draconian!!

ah you bastard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Flew Dublin to Vienna yesterday, no PCR needed for Austria as I was transiting on to Slovakia immediately. I had to explain this to Ryanair staff when boarding as she was asking for the PCR.
    Austria pre-clearance form was filled in before which I had to show to Austian immigration.
    Austria and Ireland are on Slovakia’s green list so an antigen test today on Day 1 and isolation is over.
    I understand that countries on their orange list require a free PCR on day 5 to be free and black /red countries need to do a full 14 days of isolation.
    Anyway, nice visit to Ireland, Sláinte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Anyone been given a hard time by the gardai lately? Anxiety rising as I get near my travel dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

So we have one minster saying we are going to draw down our share of EU covid testing fund a week ago and another today saying we won't be subsidising tests.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/going-abroad-again-may-not-be-quite-as-expensive-as-we-feared-as-state-to-apply-to-100m-eu-fund-for-pcr-tests-40526061.html

I don't know if they are sending mixed messages on purpose or are just that incompetant.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Klonker wrote: »
    So we have one minster saying we are going to draw down our share of EU covid testing fund a week ago and another today saying we won't be subsidising tests.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/going-abroad-again-may-not-be-quite-as-expensive-as-we-feared-as-state-to-apply-to-100m-eu-fund-for-pcr-tests-40526061.html

I don't know if they are sending mixed messages on purpose or are just that incompetant.

Maybe they are going to both? Take the grant and give it to a lab doing the PCR testing but also not pass the savings on to the public?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Just arrived in Dublin Airport from Sofia.

Check in at Sofia was slow and laborious as they checked each covid test with great scrutiny. Was also asked for proof the passenger locator form was completed. Airport quite busy.

Arrival in Dub was a breeze just show covid test and locator form. Was asked if I lived in Ireland.

Now just waiting for the bus.

How was your stay in Bulgaria? Unfortunately not the best weather here the last few weeks. I assume you were on the 7.50 flight this morning? I'm on the same flight next week, what time would you reccomend me arriving at the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Massive fight in grafton street with someone stabbed. Knackers attacking waiters in Dublin restaurant.

Meanwhile Gardai in Dublin airport handing out 2000 euro fines to vaccinated people going on holiday.

Massive fight in grafton street with someone stabbed. Knackers attacking waiters in Dublin restaurant.

Meanwhile Gardai in Dublin airport handing out 2000 euro fines to vaccinated people going on holiday.

Why do you think gardai that are stationed at Dublin airport would be in Grafton street?

bubblypop wrote: »
    Why do you think gardai that are stationed at Dublin airport would be in Grafton street?

Exactly. They should be where the real issues are not the pretend ones.

Exactly. They should be where the real issues are not the pretend ones.

Lol.
    Gardai are stationed at the garda station in Dublin airport.
    Other gardai are stationed in Pearse at garda station.
    Perhaps you feel people living in quiet country areas don't deserve to have gardai stationed in their area?

Lol.
    Gardai are stationed at the garda station in Dublin airport.
    Other gardai are stationed in Pearse at garda station.
    Perhaps you feel people living in quiet country areas don't deserve to have gardai stationed in their area?

The point is clear. Policing should be about deterrence and enforcement. Deterring the wrong thing takes resources away from stuff that really matters.

I said nothing about not having Gardai in rural areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Probably is, the Spanish are probably desperate to get into our headlines and in fairness your chances of picking it up outside is slim unless there's a huge crowd around you

Checking what if you don't mind me asking?

They take their station at securing around 7 I think. Just going by this nad previous threads

• Advertisement

The point is clear. Policing should be about deterrence and enforcement. Deterring the wrong thing takes resources away from stuff that really matters.

I said nothing about not having Gardai in rural areas.

Gardai are always stationed at the garda station in Dublin airport.
    That has nothing to do with covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭fran38

I apologise if this was asked in the preceding pages but are gardai doing checkpoints and checking passengers at Shannon airport due to Ryanair commencing flights there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

In Spain, the state of alarm was lifted in early May, at night time. People started to gather straightaway in streets, squares etc, pretty much like what has been going in Dublin city centre.
    Cue in videos spread around social media of the big crowds and the fears of another wave.
    Eventually, as far as I know, nothing happened two weeks later.

Regarding the masks outdoors in Spain; anytime I've talked to my parents and told them they were not mandatory here, they were quite shocked. They'd see it too on any news piece about the UK, like how people in London weren't wearing masks outdoors?

But then I guess they were just extra worried after a relative of mine died and even my father got covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Gael23 wrote: »
    They take their station at securing around 7 I think. Just going by this nad previous threads

I thought I read somewhere that the no. of days Gardai’s worked was reduced during COVID? Is that true? If so it was kept very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,347 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Fair enough. So how does a stupid request for information that doesnt even exist, equate to a police state?

I never said it does, didn’t support the poster who said it did. Was just commenting on the comments re Europol etc. My concern is that Coveney’s statement was stupid (and, disappointingly, not the stupidest thing he’s said this week). The ferry from Holyhead to Belfast is patently to avoid Dublin Port issues for truckers I’d say more than tourists. His requirement that the U.K. go ya have to give him data they don’t collect us stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭embraer170

Someone I know had no problem travelling to Germany with the HSE vaccine document with no PCR/antigen test (Ryanair from Dublin).

But I guess that same fully vaccinated individual will still need a PCR test returning to Ireland.

hamburgham wrote: »
    I thought I read somewhere that the no. of days Gardai’s worked was reduced during COVID? Is that true? If so it was kept very quiet.

No. That's not true. Their rostered shifts changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

Klonker wrote: »
    How was your stay in Bulgaria? Unfortunately not the best weather here the last few weeks. I assume you were on the 7.50 flight this morning? I'm on the same flight next week, what time would you reccomend me arriving at the airport?
    Get there by 0530 as the lines for security and passport control can be quite long.

No. That's not true. Their rostered shifts changed.

What do you mean exactly? Were they working fewer days? Have the shifts changed back to how they were pre COVID?

• Advertisement

Hasn’t it always been a big deal to get the Gardai to agree to a shift pattern which was weighted towards when they were actually needed, ie not so many needed early morning mid week as on a Friday night.
    If they agreed to this changed shift pattern without a murmur ( as most of us knew nothing about it), it must have been very favourable for them. As I read it, they were working fewer days.

Advertisement