Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Don't think anyone suggested you should be able to travel with a home test.

Anyway to cut out all the bull**** on this, the criteria on testing should be the same across Europe. Taken out of nphets hands then.

Tazz T wrote: »
    This is the problem. Lots of confusion because absolutely no clarity from the government on how it will work. MM saying we're on track to issue the cert, but it's going to be a shambles on the day, as they appear to be doing no real planning for it.

I agree
    You'd want to take hysteria and rumour and just plain misunderstanding of what the dcc is,even from ministers with a pinch of salt
    It is not government policy to promote the DCC at the moment
    Hence no clarity even though its all decided

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Klonker wrote: »
    At what stage are they going to clear all this things up for us. We're 4 weeks away and we haven't a clue how it's going to work here and what requirements are involved yet Michael Martin tells is we are on track!

They aren't going to clear it up. Unless you fully vaccinated they don't want to make it easy for you to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭dinjo99

Hi folks, I know nobody knows for sure but looking for opinions here again.

Mysel and two others, all fully vaccinated are booked to travel to the USA on August 15th for a 10 day break, non essential.
    Currently Irish citizens are not allowed to travel to the USA.

When do people think the USA will lift the travel ban for Irish citizens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

Looking for some opinions folks:
    1. resident in Dublin but from the north, was offered my first vaccine up the north and took it (yet to get the second).

2. for ease of travel EU wide would it be worth signing up for the vaccine down here (now eligible) and therefore being able to sign up to the EU Digital Passport or are we thinking that people like myself who will get both doses will ultimately be eligible for EU digital cert?

Appreciate also that the north are coming out with their own version of a vaccine cert but unsure if it’ll be accepted EU wide

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭seansouth36

Has anyone travelled back to Dublin recently? How extensive are the checks on where you have been? Are they going through passports page by page or just asking you where you have been and waving you through?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Mark1916 wrote: »
    Looking for some opinions folks:
    1. resident in Dublin but from the north, was offered my first vaccine up the north and took it (yet to get the second).

2. for ease of travel EU wide would it be worth signing up for the vaccine down here (now eligible) and therefore being able to sign up to the EU Digital Passport or are we thinking that people like myself who will get both doses will ultimately be eligible for EU digital cert?

Appreciate also that the north are coming out with their own version of a vaccine cert but unsure if it’ll be accepted EU wide

Thanks!

I called the HSE helpline about the same issue last week.
    They said it'd be no problem to transfer my first shot onto the system down here and give me the 2nd shot.

You should call the helpline to register as he said he had to put a note in the system to flag the issue.

Getting 2nd shot next week in Dublin and the guy n the helpline just told me to bring along the northern card to the vaccination centre so they can register both shots on the system.

Has anyone travelled back to Dublin recently? How extensive are the checks on where you have been? Are they going through passports page by page or just asking you where you have been and waving you through?

None of that really
    Just checking your passenger locater form is filled in
    Some reports of being asked the purpose of your trip abroad which they shouldn't be asking
    I was told Garda are no longer at the arrival window just civilian personnel
    Last time I went through in November 19,it was definitely a Garda
    I'll know in person in a few weeks hopefully but it won't matter then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Valhallapt wrote: »
    But Spain will still allow RAT tests outside of the DCC. DCC is opt in for citizens, just Tony doesn’t want us opting in.

This. It is mandatory that EU countries sign-up to the DCC to allow 'easier' travel. BUT you can absolutely travel without a DCC if you present a negative PCR test (type specified by the destination country).

Honestly, book your holidays if you are so inclined and tune out from the media/twitter commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

I called the HSE helpline about the same issue last week.
    They said it'd be no problem to transfer my first shot onto the system down here and give me the 2nd shot.

You should call the helpline to register as he said he had to put a note in the system to flag the issue.

Getting 2nd shot next week in Dublin and the guy n the helpline just told me to bring along the northern card to the vaccination centre so they can register both shots on the system.

You are the man! Just off the phone, need to give them a call back Thursday when my age opens up but they said this is possible! THANK YOU!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,347 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

If you can fly using self tests, whats to stop people taking samples from vaccinated people and claiming their own?

Im confused by this suggestion

Agreed. As noted a few weeks ago, some providers are already supply self-collection packs for both PCR and antigen travel tests in the U.K. some require a video call to watch them being administered but some of the larger more reputable ones do not!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

For those who got vaccinated in Ireland, what kind of info did you get pre and post vaccination?

In Spain you get a link to a website that gives info on the vaccines etc. You also get a link so you can download your proof of vaccination and also a link to your EU travel cert. I was amazed how easy they made it. Is it the same in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

faceman wrote: »
    ... Is it the same in Ireland?

No, it is not !
    When it comes to IT The Spanish have been light years ahead of The Irish
    Even in December they had a very slick QR based locator system.
    Their tracker app actually worked back then too and it did not crash ( at least it didnt for me )

The only record I have of being vaxed, so far, is a little bit of cardboard that was hand written and on which a lot no for the vax used is stuck.
    Very 1960's, very retro, very in keeping with the government of the day. ( devoid of ambition )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

For those who got vaccinated in Ireland, what kind of info did you get pre and post vaccination?

In Spain you get a link to a website that gives info on the vaccines etc. You also get a link so you can download your proof of vaccination and also a link to your EU travel cert. I was amazed how easy they made it. Is it the same in Ireland?

A bit of card, slightly bigger than a credit card, the colour of the card is related to the vaccine you got, the batch number of the vaccine, your name & date of doses is handwritten in by the vaccinator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

The travel cert here needs to be collected from Leo Varadkar, Saint Tony can give you vaccine info but you need a negative pcr test 10 days and 5 days before meeting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

...In Spain you get a link to a website that gives info on the vaccines etc. You also get a link so you can download your proof of vaccination and also a link to your EU travel cert. I was amazed how easy they made it. Is it the same in Ireland?
    Mr.S wrote: »
    The HSE have a digital record of your vaccination, which will then feed into the EU Green Cert once it’s launched here next month, so the vaccination card is only temporary for “proof”.

"Compare and Contrast" the approaches of the Spanish and Irish administrations :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

You get your vaccine card signed by the local Gardai here (or a priest) and present it to the authorities

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Just back from UK

1. check at entrance to airport, only those with boarding pass allowed in.
    2. Security as usual save was asked to remove watch this time.
    3. Ryanair boarding gate, check for boarding card, passport and PCR test certificate.
    4. Passport control in Dublin, check for passport, locator form, and PCR test certificate.

No automated passport machines working and more time to process each person so took a bit longer to Q

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

I know not much info has been released regarding the use of the DCC in Ireland yet, but just wondering, as it stands there's currently no need for a PCR test going Ireland -> UK, but there is a requirement for one on the way back.

Will people who are fully vaccinated still likely need to have a negative PCR tested in entering Ireland from the UK?

• Advertisement

Garlinge wrote: »
    Just back from UK

1. check at entrance to airport, only those with boarding pass allowed in.
    2. Security as usual save was asked to remove watch this time.
    3. Ryanair boarding gate, check for boarding card, passport and PCR test certificate.
    4. Passport control in Dublin, check for passport, locator form, and PCR test certificate.

No automated passport machines working and more time to process with person so took a bit longer to Q

Hi, curious if immigration checked the stamps on your passport to make sure you weren't returning from a Red List country? Is that what the 'passport check' was?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Hi, curious if immigration checked the stamps on your passport to make sure you weren't returning from a Red List country? Is that what the 'passport check' was?
    thanks

Who stamps passports these days?

Tenzor07 wrote: »

A lot of the red list countries.
    Anywhere you need a visa to enter.

Tenzor07 wrote: »

Pretty much every country outside the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Not much attention paid to passport, just usual glance at main page. And no extra enquiry as to where I had come from.

Garlinge wrote: »
    Not much attention paid to passport, just usual glance at main page. And no extra enquiry as to where I had come from.

Thanks for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Pretty much every country outside the EU.

Point being really that it's hardly a fool-proof method of determining if you've come from a "red" list country or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Morby wrote: »
    I know not much info has been released regarding the use of the DCC in Ireland yet, but just wondering, as it stands there's currently no need for a PCR test going Ireland -> UK, but there is a requirement for one on the way back.

Will people who are fully vaccinated still likely need to have a negative PCR tested in entering Ireland from the UK?

Under DCC no, and in theory the UK isn't included in that anyway, and in reality with the Indian variant I'd say they'll still insist on it personally.

Its really not so different.

You get a card which has the batch number and dates on it with a leaflet that explains everything. I do wonder what happens if you lose the card though

• Advertisement

Morby wrote: »

Fully vaccinated people will not need a pcr coming in from the UK if they have a DCC

Advertisement