Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Not for the "an Irish staycation is too expensive" crowd ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

mike91 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am having an issue with my employer, they have released a form to the staff regarding travel after the 19th of july using the DCC.

The first three questions are:

1, Are you fully vaccinated

2, when do you expect to be fully vaccinated,

3, the departure and arrival dates. And the name of the country you are travelling to.

My question is, are these demands legally a violation of my privacy rights.

I am willing to sign to say the country i will be travelling to is using the DCC and a European union country and if any changes are made to the status of the country are made while I am there and the Irish government inform me i will inform my employer and I am willing to sign to say that I have factored in the days I need for the 5 day return PCR test.

I felt uncomfortable reading those first 3 questions and I am taking the matter up with HR but any information would be appreciated.

Annual leave. Good luck to ye lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Blut2

If you don't want the confrontation of saying "none of your business" you can also just lie to them and tell them you're going to Kerry for 2 weeks. How are they going to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mike91

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Ive posted about this before and an employer wouldnt have a leg to stand on if you took this to the WRC. Its none of their business what you do on your own time or on your annual leave.

Thanks I feel like it is a violation of my privacy rights because technically all they need to see is a negative test 5 days after my return. I just dont have the information to formally backup my thoughts. The passenger locator form and DCC should cover everything I dont see why I have to do the same thing again with my empliyer or face disciplinary action for not divulging the information they are demanding

• Registered Users Posts: 13,969 ✭✭✭✭josip

Blut2 wrote: »
    If you don't want the confrontation of saying "none of your business" you can also just lie to them and tell them you're going to Kerry for 2 weeks. How are they going to know?

Is it only the 3rd question Mike91 has issue with or is it also the first 2?
    Is the employer trying to organise (safe) return to the office?

• Advertisement

It's just a principle thing for me now, I dont want to lie I shouldn't have to if you get me

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Hi,

I am having an issue with my employer, they have released a form to the staff regarding travel after the 19th of july using the DCC.

3, the departure and arrival dates. And the name of the country you are travelling to.

I am willing to sign to say the country i will be travelling to is using the DCC and a European union country and if any changes are made to the status of the country are made while I am there and the Irish government inform me i will inform my employer and I am willing to sign to say that I have factored in the days I need for the 5 day return PCR test.

I felt uncomfortable reading those first 3 questions and I am taking the matter up with HR but any information would be appreciated.

Absolute chancers. What you do in time allocated to annual leave is none of their business.

josip wrote: »
    Is it only the 3rd question Mike91 has issue with or is it also the first 2?
    Is the employer trying to organise (safe) return to the office?

All of the questions I have an issue with. The passenger locator along with the DCC was put in place for safe travel and to prove I am free from COVID, I want to know am I legally required to do a similar thing with my employer. I am insuring them and signing to say I am following the Irish and EU requirements. I just dont think I have to give them all the specifics

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Don't tell them anything!! It's none of their business whatsoever. They have no right to ask for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,285 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What fresh kite flying nonsense is this??

Speaking on RTÉ's Today with Claire Byrne, Mr Smyth said the plan is that non-essential travel can reopen next month.

However, he warned, "we can't guarantee that at the moment, that's what is in the plan, but looking at what has been happening in the United Kingdom with the Delta variant and the fact that the British did have to delay their full reopening by a month, there is still risk attached and no guarantee can be given about that date, but that's the current plan".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0622/1230686-coronavirus-travel/

"Minister says July plan for travel still on, but no guarantees"

What is going on here, when will the fearmongering and endless anti travel rhetoric end

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

All of the questions I have an issue with. The passenger locator along with the DCC was put in place for safe travel and to prove I am free from COVID, I want to know am I legally required to do a similar thing with my employer. I am insuring them and signing to say I am following the Irish and EU requirements. I just dont think I have to give them all the specifics

Vaccination status is your own private medical information, they have zero right to it. I'd be telling them in no uncertain terms that you will not be divulging your medical history to them.

As for the last question, it's none of their business what you do in your free time, you're under no obligation to tell them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Now fully vaccinated with flights to Spain booked.

Just realised that the vaccination card I received is in my married name, but my passport and tickets are in my maiden name.
    Does anyone have any thoughts how this will impact my EU green cert, will it be possible to get it issued in my maiden name?

Can you bring your marriage cert with you?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

LeeroyJ. wrote: »

What is going on here, when will the fearmongering and endless anti travel rhetoric end

I am actually gobsmacked by this, are they trying to make people stay here and spend?

Watching full stadiums at the Euros and this is the sh1te we have to listen too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Hi,

I would just not complete it, lying on it could be a contract breach (even if questions aren’t legal) and saying mind your own business might be confrontational. So I’d just go on my holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Waiting on news for North American travel, Las Vegas wedding to attend... in September

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

pc7 wrote: »
    I am actually gobsmacked by this, are they trying to make people stay here and spend?
    Watching full stadiums at the Euros and this is the sh1te we have to listen too.

The fact that people are listening to the NPHET-Government ****e is the reason it's been so successful at preventing the Irish from travelling...It's background noise at this stage and if you're fully vacc'd then it's to be completely ignored.

The Irish tourism market isn't aimed at Staycationers looking for a €2 beer/€10 dinner like you get in Southern Spain, it's for the U.S and other countries who'll come here and won't worry about the costs as it's a long haul vacation..

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    The fact that people are listening to the NPHET-Government ****e is the reason it's been so successful at preventing the Irish from travelling...It's background noise at this stage and if you're fully vacc'd then it's to be completely ignored.

We've a holiday abroad booked, we are vaccinated,smallies under 6 and we are going!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,285 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

When is the €2k fine supposed to end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Everyone standby for 4 weeks of travel shaming from the usual sources.

How dangerous it is. How un patriotic it is. Why can't you stay in Ireland. It's only one holiday. Hold on for a "few more weeks". Things are looking "concerning". Is it really necessary. Insert whatever anti-travel rhetoric you would like!

Yes - IT IS NECESSARY! Necessary to live our lives, visit our friends and families abroad or simply get a bit of heat and chill time away from our normal lives before we face into another dark winter working away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

namloc1980 wrote: »
    What fresh kite flying nonsense is this??

Speaking on RTÉ's Today with Claire Byrne, Mr Smyth said the plan is that non-essential travel can reopen next month.

However, he warned, "we can't guarantee that at the moment, that's what is in the plan, but looking at what has been happening in the United Kingdom with the Delta variant and the fact that the British did have to delay their full reopening by a month, there is still risk attached and no guarantee can be given about that date, but that's the current plan".

Well at least that's cleared things up. Look forward to Leo saying the opposite tonight before some more conflicting info from another source tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    I would just not complete it, lying on it could be a contract breach (even if questions aren’t legal) and saying mind your own business might be confrontational. So I’d just go on my holidays.

"Thanks for the questionnaire. I will of course be adhering to all Irish laws and requirements. To be honest I think that is sufficient information regarding my holiday arrangements"

Ball in their court but not confrontational

Van.Bosch wrote: »

Thanks, I wouldn't mind completing the form to say that I will follow the government and eu system for travel and therefore return to work, just not give surplus to requirement. I'm not to worried about confrontation its important to me I just wanted to know if It is it isnt legal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

TefalBrain wrote: »
    Absolute chancers. What you do in time allocated to annual leave is none of their business.

I keep banging on about this, but the entire public sector is under that lock at the moment. We must tell management if we are going abroad and must arrange leave to cover a 14 day period upon return. You cannot WFH during that time, and even if you get a test after Day 5 (which removes you from a quarantine requirement) you still cannot work, but must WFH.

That lock has to go before travel can resume, realistically. Its valid up until the 18th July.

It wouldn't stand up in court, but no-one has pushed it there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    Vaccination status is your own private medical information, they have zero right to it. I'd be telling them in no uncertain terms that you will not be divulging your medical history to them.

As for the last question, it's none of their business what you do in your free time, you're under no obligation to tell them.

Some employers like mine are giving paid leave, 4 hours per jab, so happy to tell them to get the paid time off!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Responder XY

I keep banging on about this, but the entire public sector is under that lock at the moment. We must tell management if we are going abroad and must arrange leave to cover a 14 day period upon return. You cannot WFH during that time, and even if you get a test after Day 5 (which removes you from a quarantine requirement) you still cannot work, but must WFH.

That lock has to go before travel can resume, realistically. Its valid up until the 18th July.

It wouldn't stand up in court, but no-one has pushed it there yet.

I recall this policy was dropped (quietly) shortly after it was brought in with fanfare last year? 

They hardly re-introduced it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Accidentally

LeeroyJ. wrote: »

This is the same lad that said we were leading the way with vaccine passports

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/ireland-leadingeurope-in-developing-digital-green-certfor-travelling-between-countries-minister-says-40378931.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Southeasterly

Can you bring your marriage cert with you?
    Was planning on this but I wonder when it is not in Spainish would it be of any use?

Oisín again ?
    Its a plane like
    Shur they caused global warming
    He's got agenda's :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

My daughter is working in Naples, Italy. They're in the white zone since yesterday. All retail open, indoor dining, all pubs open etc, no curfews, only change to normality she says it that masks must still be worn.

Advertisement