Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kapu

It's all over polish media. Can't post a link since I'm new here. Only fully vaccinated and children under 12 travelling with fully vaccinated exempt from quarantine.

Sorry that's about quarantine in Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 supersaiyan

It will be valid.

Thanks! I suppose it makes sense. The question is do I for sure need a PCR to get to the UK or could I get away with a lab accredited antigen? I've looked this up but everything seems indecisive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭brickster69

We need to stop fascination with cases and now solely focus on hospitalizations

How many tests are going on at the moment / day ?

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

Only a PCR is accepted for entry to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 supersaiyan

Only a PCR is accepted for entry to Ireland.

Ah fair enough. Probably not even worth it considering the test is most likely 5x the price of the total ticket cost. Hurts my soul as a college student lmao

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Merkel is asking all EU countries to impose quarantine on UK visitors like is the case in Germany, i.e. non german residents cannot travel from the UK at all, literally turned round at the airport and sent home, any residents returning must do the full 2 weeks home quarantine (a breach is up to €25,000 fine, so it is followed)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2021/jun/23/coronavirus-live-news-thailand-record-daily-deaths-tokyo-olympics-alcohol?page=with:block-60d333008f085935857e0b92#block-60d333008f085935857e0b92

It'll be interesting to see if any countries take action now, and where would that leave Ireland ?

Ireland already has a 14 Day Home Quarantine for all GB arrivals.

Ireland already has a 14 Day Home Quarantine for all GB arrivals.

People are getting all animated about this when what she is actually doing is having a go at Portugal, who don’t require any isolation of British tourists, and asking everyone to do what we already do

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭eltonyio

Kapu wrote: »
    It's all over polish media. Can't post a link since I'm new here. Only fully vaccinated and children under 12 travelling with fully vaccinated exempt from quarantine.

Sorry that's about quarantine in Poland.

https://tvn24.pl/tvn24-news-in-english/poland-introduces-10-day-quarantine-for-unvaccinated-from-outside-schengen-area-5129213

I would like to see the specifics about this because what the minister said is:

We reintroduce quarantine for people arriving from abroad. The quarantine will be mandatory for people travelling from countries outside of the Schengen Area and non-members of the European Economic Area

If he means all non-Schengen, then that means Ireland too, very clear and we would be subject to it.

If he just means all non-Schengen who are not in the EEA (i.e. Ireland, Bulgaria, Romania and Cyprus), then Ireland is fine.

I'm sure the various foreign ministry websites will be updated soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭brickster69

People are getting all animated about this when what she is actually doing is having a go at Portugal, who don’t require any isolation of British tourists, and asking everyone to do what we already do

No what she is doing is trying to deflect the fact that they stopped testing too early and now understands they are riddled themselves.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kapu

eltonyio wrote: »

I would like to see the specifics about this because what the minister said is:

If he means all non-Schengen, then that means Ireland too, very clear and we would be subject to it.

If he just means all non-Schengen who are not in the EEA (i.e. Ireland, Bulgaria, Romania and Cyprus), then Ireland is fine.

I'm sure the various foreign ministry websites will be updated soon.[/QUOT

They just showed a map on polish news with Schengen and EEA countries so fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

Hey all, I havnt been following this thread the past week. Is it still the case that the guards set up at Dublin Airport at around 9am?

Looking to pass through on July 1st through fast pass security at about 7am. Would rather just avoid the guards altogether rather than explain my situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

They set up at 7am. You should be fine using fast pass as they don't seem to monitor it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I have flights for the family to fly to Poland on Friday. I'm vaccinated but Mrs isn't and kids aren't. Don't know if I'll even bother flying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭rogber

Re: pre-travel antigen tests. Is there anywhere in Dublin city centre that does them for a reasonable price or the airport is your only bet? Need one to fly out of Dublin in a couple of weeks and getting one in city centre the day before would be a lot more convenient than going to airport several hours early on day of flight. But looked on google and can't see anywhere. And I want antigen, not pcr, so the Boots rip-off is not an option.

rogber wrote: »
    Re: pre-travel antigen tests. Is there anywhere in Dublin city centre that does them for a reasonable price or the airport is your only bet? Need one to fly out of Dublin in a couple of weeks and getting one in city centre the day before would be a lot more convenient than going to airport several hours early on day of flight. But looked on google and can't see anywhere. And I want antigen, not pcr, so the Boots rip-off is not an option.

Gosafe in Dublin West are €29

https://gosafe48.ie/covid-tests/

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Gosafe48 in ballycoolin. 29 for antigen test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭rogber

Dobbytoes wrote: »
    Gosafe in Dublin West are €29

https://gosafe48.ie/covid-tests/

Thanks, price is great, but I'm on northside near the coast, that's even further than the airport, which is why I specifically wanted city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭global23214124

DubLad69 wrote: »
    Hey all, I havnt been following this thread the past week. Is it still the case that the guards set up at Dublin Airport at around 9am?

Looking to pass through on July 1st through fast pass security at about 7am. Would rather just avoid the guards altogether rather than explain my situation.

They were there at 5am when I flew out a few weeks ago. Have your excuse and proof ready. Book a medical appointment if you are stuck or get some language lessons in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭midnightblue

rogber wrote: »
    Thanks, price is great, but I'm on northside near the coast, that's even further than the airport, which is why I specifically wanted city centre.

Randox have a testing site in city centre.

https://booking.randox.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭global23214124

Anyone know a cheap pcr test place in Valencia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭gral6

If there are still requirement for PCR test and quarantine after Digital cert is enacted: next time they can jab themselves with their vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

Has anyone had any luck with tracel insurance for travelling outside of the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Forgive me for a silly question, but I have to ask.
    I'm planning on doing a day trip to the UK for some planespotting (Stansted airport in mind) at the end of July once that promised date comes around. I presume I'll have to get a PCR test a day or so before my flight. My question is would it be valid for the return flight that evening?
    I'd take a morning flight, spend the day in the UK and hope to catch the evening flight back to Dublin.
    As an unvaccinated person it's seeming highly unlikely that I'll get to do any of that but would I have to take a second PCR in the UK meaning I'd have to stay a night or two for the result? It's all very confusing but sure I guess what I'm asking for is too.
    Cheers everyone

One PCR in Dublin is all you need. Issue would be the quarantine requirement when you get back from UK.

Stansted issue might be just seeing a raft of Ryanair 737s!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭embraer170

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    I have flights for the family to fly to Poland on Friday. I'm vaccinated but Mrs isn't and kids aren't. Don't know if I'll even bother flying now.

I would wait to see the official policy. I expect it is Schengen + non-Schengen EU and EEA states exempted.

Thinking of travelling to Greece with the kids this summer. Say someone in the party gets Covid for the return PCR, how long after the test can you use that positive test as proof of Covid recovery? Assume it’s 14 days but don’t see this detail anywhere?

Do you still have to get a PCR before coming back into Ireland if you've been fully vaccinated in Ireland?

Do you still have to get a PCR before coming back into Ireland if you've been fully vaccinated in Ireland?

No but kids and unvaccinated do

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    No but kids and unvaccinated do

As of now or when the DCC comes in?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

Yes and isolate at home for 10 days or get a second test 5 days after arrival

• Advertisement

fm wrote: »
    Yes and isolate at home for 10 days or get a second test 5 days after arrival

That's what I though- so it only potentially changes on 19th July?

I wonder what happens if you fly back on the 18th- do you only have to isolate for 1 day?

Advertisement