Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    But is the point that with the hack, they can’t validate the duplicates anymore so just report swabs?

They will end up validating the data and have made that clear. How the media reports the cases despite this is a different discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Literally everyone I know has been waved through so based on my small sample size I am assuming that's the norm and its practically everyone.

The ones that are getting quizzed are likely screaming and roaring about their rights in the terminal.

The guards surely know themselves this is all a load of bollox at this stage. They won't be searching your suitcase looking for inflatable crocodiles and stuff.

Might be worth pointing out that your reason for travel needs to be essential but you're not prevented to do non essential activities while you're away.

If you're traveling for medical reasons or to monitor some renovation work being done on your property (as a poster above mentioned), you're not expected to be locked up and only tend to those essential activities. You can indeed hit the pool with your inflatable crocodile.

Just thought it was worth mentioning it because not long ago someone was suggesting not to post pictures on social media enjoying yourself on your 'essential trip' because they may be used against you :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

MrSkinny wrote: »
    Has anybody here travelled abroad using the little HSE vaccine record card as proof of vaccination? If so, which country and any issues with it being accepted either at check-in or on arrival?

As posted previously, people have been arriving in Spain with it and experiencing no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    That scumb@g Anthony Staines tweeted yesterday that only people interested in propping up rich airline shareholders want to see the return of aviation.
    https://twitter.com/astaines/status/1407591604370739202?s=19
    All 143000 employees out of work or at risk of losing their job are just greedy stock market speculators basically and not human beings.
    Someone rightly asked him how did he think the vaccines were getting here without planes.https://twitter.com/annmcnam/status/1407645954606604290?s=19

Well, just goes to show you that ISAG have ulterior motives against Travel/Hospitality, they should all become annoying background noise at this stage..

Sadly Holohan seems to be very sympathetic to them and will do his best to ensure that Travel from the 19th is for the fully vaccinated only.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Probably the most positive about travel as he'll get:

Eamon Ryan does not believe the rise of the Delta variant will interrupt plans to reopen international travel.

The Transport Minister says although the situation is closely monitored, as more people are vaccinated, he is confident some parts of normal life can return.

"I've been talking to the aviation industry and others with an interest in this, and what we really didn't want to do was stop-start, and they've agreed that that was the most important thing," he said.

"Circumstances change obviously but no I don't think it (the Delta variant) will (delay travel).

"I think the rollout for the digital Covid Cert is going to be key and that will give us some protection because people coming in will have a vaccination or be covered by a PCR test.

"So, as we're going at the moment, it's working well, we're on track. We don't expect to have to change that, but we will obviously keep listening to health advice but it is working."

Taken from the Irish Examiner:
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40321277.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Skippette wrote: »
    Probably the most positive about travel as he'll get:

Eamon Ryan does not believe the rise of the Delta variant will interrupt plans to reopen international travel.

The Transport Minister says although the situation is closely monitored, as more people are vaccinated, he is confident some parts of normal life can return.

"I've been talking to the aviation industry and others with an interest in this, and what we really didn't want to do was stop-start, and they've agreed that that was the most important thing," he said.

"Circumstances change obviously but no I don't think it (the Delta variant) will (delay travel).

"I think the rollout for the digital Covid Cert is going to be key and that will give us some protection because people coming in will have a vaccination or be covered by a PCR test.

"So, as we're going at the moment, it's working well, we're on track. We don't expect to have to change that, but we will obviously keep listening to health advice but it is working."

Taken from the Irish Examiner:
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40321277.html

You can be sure as hell another minister or TD will be out later to warn people it mightn't go ahead on time. They are playing games with people's minds at this stage. They are going to try every trick in the book to put it off until kids go back to school mark my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

TefalBrain wrote: »
    You can be sure as hell another minister or TD will be out later to warn people it mightn't go ahead on time. They are playing games with people's minds at this stage. They are going to try every trick in the book to put it off until kids go back to school mark my words.
    In the Pat Kenny show earlier today, I didn't pick up his name but basically said that. DCC and international travel to happen on the 19th IF things don't get worse.

Barna77 wrote: »
    In the Pat Kenny show earlier today, I didn't pick up his name but basically said that. DCC and international travel to happen on the 19th IF things don't get worse.

Yeah. Keeping people in limbo. The rest of Europe is on holiday and we are being treated like morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Nermal

Anyone managed to get an EHIC application through since the hack?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭nice bit of green

Nermal wrote: »
    Anyone managed to get an EHIC application through since the hack?
    No, submitted for a couple of cards about a month ago. Not heard since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Literally everyone I know has been waved through so based on my small sample size I am assuming that's the norm and its practically everyone.

The ones that are getting quizzed are likely screaming and roaring about their rights in the terminal.

The guards surely know themselves this is all a load of bollox at this stage. They won't be searching your suitcase looking for inflatable crocodiles and stuff.

I'll wear me speedos on me just incase :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭degzs

My sister is traveling to Ireland from spain for childcare reasons in 2 weeks. Does she need proof and will she be stopped and questioned?

She has the first jab of the vaccine and will have PCR results and an address to stay.

Has anyone experience coming into Ireland and how strict they are?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Micheal Martin really has some neck on him.
    TAOISEACH MICHEÁL MARTIN has said that Hungary’s anti-LGBTQ law threatens EU “fundamental rights” and the “pressure” needs to be put on the member state.

The right to travel is also an EU "fundamental right"
    Article 45 of the CHARTER OF FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION

Freedom of movement and of residence

1. Every citizen of the Union has the right to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States.

2. Freedom of movement and residence may be granted, in accordance with the Treaties, to nationals of third countries legally resident in the territory of a Member State.

Maybe someone needs to tell him he cant pick and choose which EU fundamental rights he wants to enforce - idiot.
    Maybe the EU should put pressure on Ireland and force us to abide by EU fundamental rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭josip

Are Antigen Tests suitable for travel being done by an approved lab anywhere apart from the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I've a big problem with the whole logic with mandatory quarentine after international travel. I know its supposed to be going soon with green cert but wouldn't be surprised if NPHET persuade government to keep it in some form.

If I'm travelling back from abroad it means I've gotten a negative PCR test at least 3 days before travel. If I'm travelling from an EU country, its highly likely at the moment that country has a lower incidence rate (and delta rate in you believe Tony) than Ireland. So I'm coming from a country with a lower incidence and I've a negative PCR from a few days earlier. Yet I'm seen as needing QUARENTINE but a person in Ireland is in an area of higher incidence and no recent negative test. Makes zero sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

No updated map from the ECDC out yet but they have updated their case data today - Ireland has the fifth highest infection rate out of 30 countries:

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭eltonyio

No, submitted for a couple of cards about a month ago. Not heard since.

Yes, I did last month, amazingly received them back in 2 days.

Edit - sorry, mine might have been a day or two before the hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedPaddyX

Klonker wrote: »
    I've a big problem with the whole logic with mandatory quarentine after international travel. I know its supposed to be going soon with green cert but wouldn't be surprised if NPHET persuade government to keep it in some form.

If I'm travelling back from abroad it means I've gotten a negative PCR test at least 3 days before travel. If I'm travelling from an EU country, its highly likely at the moment that country has a lower incidence rate (and delta rate in you believe Tony) than Ireland. So I'm coming from a country with a lower incidence and I've a negative PCR from a few days earlier. Yet I'm seen as needing QUARENTINE but a person in Ireland is in an area of higher incidence and no recent negative test. Makes zero sense to me.

Stop with your logic and common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Wallander wrote: »
    No updated map from the ECDC out yet but they have updated their case data today - Ireland has the fifth highest infection rate out of 30 countries:

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

Infections appear to have collapsed everywhere. Most of Europe is looking at greenlisting in the next couple of weeks, certainly by the 19th and the scaremongering goes on.

Clear from the evidence here that our high infection rate is due to not opening up for international travel :pac: Those that have are seeing huge falls in infections due to letting their citizens out and reducing intra-country congestion and boosting their vit D intake. :D

Seriously though, it's worth pointing out also that despite having one of the highest infection rates in Europe, our 14 day death rate is zero. Something very fishy about the figures there. Only Iceland has zero too. That really does imply that our infection rates are being inflated in some way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

degzs wrote: »
    My sister is traveling to Ireland from spain for childcare reasons in 2 weeks. Does she need proof and will she be stopped and questioned?

She has the first jab of the vaccine and will have PCR results and an address to stay.

Has anyone experience coming into Ireland and how strict they are?

She only needs her test results and locator form. The fine and Garda presence relates to outbound travel only

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Tazz T wrote: »

Seriously though, it's worth pointing out also that despite having one of the highest infection rates in Europe, our 14 day death rate is zero. Something very fishy about the figures there. Only Iceland has zero too. That really does imply that our infection rates are being inflated in some way.

Have a friend who had a hospital procedure scheduled, did the mandatory covid test and its after coming back positive. She hasn't a sniffle, snot or ache, so you'd wonder how many people have no symptoms and are getting picked up like this rather in the test centers. It makes no sense that are numbers are so high compared to other European neighbours or have they stopped testing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Barna77 wrote: »

But things are going to get worse because of the Delta variant?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Tazz T wrote: »
    Infections appear to have collapsed everywhere. Most of Europe is looking at greenlisting in the next couple of weeks, certainly by the 19th and the scaremongering goes on.

Clear from the evidence here that our high infection rate is due to not opening up for international travel :pac: Those that have are seeing huge falls in infections due to letting their citizens out and reducing intra-country congestion and boosting their vit D intake. :D

No it doesn't, it means deaths aren't being correctly recorded and fed through to the HPSC and Dept of Health due to the lack of connected IT Systems currently.

It was explained at the press conference last week

All we know is apparently deaths are and have been low from since the data stopped coming through but it can't be accurately recorded and reported through the correct processes

The daily numbers being reported are swabs from labs, again because reporting is impacted still.

Anyway I'm going off topic

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

No it doesn't, it means deaths aren't being correctly recorded and fed through to the HPSC and Dept of Health due to the lack of connected IT Systems currently.

They'll come out the day before the announcement on opening saying 20 deaths :eek: my in laws will lock themselves back in the house and panic. Then in a whisper Tony will say (that's since May 11th) :pac:

But things are going to get worse because of the Delta variant?

Worse how? More cases? So what really if the vulnerable are protected

TefalBrain wrote: »
    Worse how? More cases? So what really if the vulnerable are protected

Oh I agree.

But it's not me and you defining what's worse.

More cases to NPHET probably means things are getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

pc7 wrote: »
    They'll come out the day before the announcement on opening saying 20 deaths :eek: my in laws will lock themselves back in the house and panic. Then in a whisper Tony will say (that's since May 11th) :pac:

Ah stop I know the feeling myself, sick of saying "yeah looks at when the deaths occurred"

Said it in the main thread before, the way we report deaths in general in this country is utter chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

It was explained at the press conference last week

All we know is apparently deaths are and have been low from since the data stopped coming through but it can't be accurately recorded and reported through the correct processes

The daily numbers being reported are swabs from labs, again because reporting is impacted still.

Anyway I'm going off topic

If that's the case, there does not seem to be a footnote explaining that, which you would really have expected.

What's the general view of posters here if the government decide to drop adopting the EU travel scheme on July 19th (esp if the rest of the EU has been adopting it since July 1st) for a later date?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

What's the general view of posters here if the government decide to drop adopting the EU travel scheme on July 19th (esp if the rest of the EU has been adopting it since July 1st) for a later date?

If they do that - pilots, travel agents,publicans, restaurant owners and everyone else involved in the hospitality sector should march on the dail,block up the streets of dublin and not budge until the government backs down.

The pandemic is over and the idiots that are running the place need to be shown that they work for us and stop treating us like kids.

None of the above will happen by the way because we just dont protest like other countries.

Advertisement