Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ashdublinc13

When will we know if the 2,000 EUR fine for leaving the country is extended? Are we 'welcoming' EU citizens with DCC from Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Finally someone is challenging the madness of the €2000 fine.

The outcome of this will be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

When will we know if the 2,000 EUR fine for leaving the country is extended? Are we 'welcoming' EU citizens with DCC from Thursday?

Midnight July 4th and yes I believe so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Finally someone challenging this. If he has a gofundme I’d like to contribute. The Irish state did not threaten that man with jail in my name.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ionnn

I've given up getting back to Ireland this summer from the US at this stage. No way anyone can rely on the July 19th date since the government seem intent on choosing the slowest possible path to reopening. Complete outlier on the world stage, and an economy being burned to the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Opening up on the 19th surely in doubt now with the latest NPHET modeling?

Hard to see NPHET advise to open travel while.it looks like indoor dining will be closed here into Aug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

RoryMac wrote: »

Hard to see NPHET advise to open travel while.it looks like indoor dining will be closed here into Aug

That would be my thinking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭jellies

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Finally someone challenging this. If he has a gofundme I’d like to contribute. The Irish state did not threaten that man with jail in my name.

"The best small country in the world at fining and threatening with jail foreign workers who need to visit their families". Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

dalyboy wrote: »

If I get taxed €2000 leaving the country on Saturday I will be under declaring my tax by €2000 + interest next year.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭landofthetree

ionnn wrote: »
    I've given up getting back to Ireland this summer from the US at this stage. No way anyone can rely on the July 19th date since the government seem intent on choosing the slowest possible path to reopening. Complete outlier on the world stage, and an economy being burned to the ground.

I wouldnt even risk a 10 euros Ryanair flight from Dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

dalyboy wrote: »

Unfortunately the outcome of this won't be known until October.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

One was always going to be sacrificed for the other. I'll bet money both are now the 19th. Travel will have to be allowed due to Ireland signing up for the DCC but you can bet they won't make it easy. It'll be pcrs all the way and some countries may yet be redlisted now Germany has done that to Portugal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Tazz T wrote: »
    Unfortunately the outcome of this won't be known until October.

Hopefully it is unfortunate. The way things are going tonight me might we waiting on that judgement eagerly then 😀

Valhallapt wrote: »

Oh would ya grow up. They are the elected government.
    If I get taxed €2000 leaving the country on Saturday I will be under declaring my tax by €2000 + interest next year.

Good luck with that. You realise thats just an additional offence right?

josip wrote: »
    Do you have an opinion on the link you posted Marine Layer?

Yes I do,thanks for asking,I think the challenger isn't a reader of this thread
    Its unlikely to succeed will cost way more than €2000 and is a nice few Bob for the curly wig set
    I suspect indoor dining will be back on July 19th coinciding with the end of the fine and regulation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Tazz T wrote: »
    One was always going to be sacrificed for the other. I'll bet money both are now the 19th. Travel will have to be allowed due to Ireland signing up for the DCC but you can bet they won't make it easy. It'll be pcrs all the way and some countries may yet be redlisted now Germany has done that to Portugal

Pretty sure the Gov.have the option to put off opening travel for another 6 weeks.

Will all depend on if anyone in the cabinet now has the balls to question NPHET's seemingly crazy modelling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Gardai stopping and questioning people at terminal 1 this morning at 4.30am. I gave my valid reason for essential travel and was waved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JojoLoca

Darwin wrote: »
    Gardai stopping and questioning people at terminal 1 this morning at 4.30am. I gave my valid reason for essential travel and was waved on.

I went through security at T1 15 minutes ago after I received my antigen test result. No Gardai
    However much more people around than last month, families with kids etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Fully vaccinated from the UK to here - what's the current story? Family member coming over Thursday for a week. Haven't seen him in about 3 years so it'll be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Fully vaccinated from the UK to here - what's the current story? Family member coming over Thursday for a week. Haven't seen him in about 3 years so it'll be great.

Quarantine on arrival, PCR after 5 days, free to leave quarantine after the 5 day test comes back negative. No provisions in place to allow vaccinated to not quarantine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    Quarantine on arrival, PCR after 5 days, free to leave quarantine after the 5 day test comes back negative. No provisions in place to allow vaccinated to not quarantine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Any more on the DGC or has Ireland stopped talking about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

dashoonage wrote: »

Supposed to be implemented on the 19th July that’s the latest news on it.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

You wont be fined. The Gardaí have given in at the ports at this stage despite what some here pretend.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

dashoonage wrote: »

Is going ahead as planned.

Oh would ya grow up. They are the elected government.

Good luck with that. You realise thats just an additional offence right?

Is that a real question? I obviously haven't built a business without a fundamental grasp of tax law. I am a law abiding citizen who has always paid my taxes when others in my industry have played fast and loose with them. In this instance I'm not playing along with their game anymore. The rest of Europe are embarking on a new travel arrangement from this week- here we will still be threatened with fines after those European laws come in. This wasn't a health call either, it was to give time to hospitality businesses here to have a captured market for a couple of weeks before travel was allowed again.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

Is that a real question? I obviously haven't built a business without a fundamental grasp of tax law. I am a law abiding citizen who has always paid my taxes when others in my industry have played fast and loose with them. In this instance I'm not playing along with their game anymore. The rest of Europe are embarking on a new travel arrangement from this week- here we will still be threatened with fines after those European laws come in. This wasn't a health call either, it was to give time to hospitality businesses here to have a captured market for a couple of weeks before travel was allowed again.

Just makes your hollow bravado even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭scouserstation

Pretty sure the Gov.have the option to put off opening travel for another 6 weeks.

The government were given 6 weeks to bring in the DCC from this Thursday, they won't have much choice than to implement it at that stage

• Advertisement

Just makes your hollow bravado even worse.

Hollow means empty- I have fights booked and am off on holidays with any threat of being fined firmly squared away in my head so it will not ruin my trip. I only posted it here so it may encourage some others to question this bull****.
    Bravado? perhaps, I think that could be forgiven based on the manner in which we are being treated.

Advertisement