Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

SusanC10 wrote: »
    More Mixed messages versus Fergal Bowers Tweets above

RTE news : What Covid-19 restrictions will apply next month?

http://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0629/1232029-at-a-glance-reopening-delayed/

I particularly don't like the last sentence in this article

I think last year was the same guidance but we had a green list, once there is no 2k fine and my flight is going I'm on it! Tony can kiss my a88 at this stage. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭scouserstation

Mark my words they will also try and do something to f*ck up the international travel situation aswell, cannot believe the insanity I'm witnessing from government at the moment, if someone had of told you 3 weeks ago we'd be keeping the pubs closed indefinitely and then only open up for vaccinated people you'd think it was a bonkers idea, but it just happened today, and July 19th is still 3 weeks away...

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Mark my words they will also try and do something to f*ck up the international travel situation aswell, cannot believe the insanity I'm witnessing from government at the moment, if someone had of told you 3 weeks ago we'd be keeping the pubs closed indefinitely and then only open up for vaccinated people you'd think it was a bonkers idea, but it just happened today, and July 19th is still 3 weeks away...

There will be no green cert by 19th of July now imo for anyone who isn't fully vaccinated of that i'm in no doubt. They may even pull the rug from vaccinated people at this rate as they have completely lost the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭scouserstation

TefalBrain wrote: »
    There will be no green cert by 19th of July now imo for anyone who isn't fully vaccinated of that i'm in no doubt. They may even pull the rug from vaccinated people at this rate as they have completely lost the plot.

The EU Green cert system will be in place thankfully but as usual we will likely be the outlier here and will try and make international travel next to impossible, I wouldn't even be surprised if they turn around in a couple of weeks time and tell us we can either have foreign holidays or pubs back open but not both, that's how much things are getting out of hand

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Everyone needs to email their local politicians and point out the madness of the nphet plans and models.

• Advertisement

Ellie1988 wrote: »
    i have an underlying condition and was offered my first vaccine in March in the north. Was basically told that i would be waiting until August to get my first down here (i'm still waiting for my age group to be able to register on the portal here).

I see. Im guessing now but as they are slow to roll out for those they know about, others such as yourself will be left longer.

UK not being EU possible another issue altough they do use an 'eu recognised' vaccine

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Thanks for adding that. I was trying to get the 3 Tweets all to show on my post !

To do that,you copy the link to the third one and all three then appear
    If its 4,copy the link to the 4th
    Etc with 5

TefalBrain wrote: »

Your doubts and EU law are different thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

The EU Green cert system will be in place thankfully but as usual we will likely be the outlier here and will try and make international travel next to impossible, I wouldn't even be surprised if they turn around in a couple of weeks time and tell us we can either have foreign holidays or pubs back open but not both, that's how much things are getting out of hand

And then one of those or children back in school in September, we cant have both.

And then schools or Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    And then one of those or children back in school in September, we cant have both.

And then schools or Christmas.

Great the way we have old men like Holohan and MMartin running this country on massive salaries, golden pensions and basically can't be fired dictating to the rest of the country on things that don't impact them...

Holohan may also try and delay return to school/college:
    He also warned a high level of transmission in late summer could have significant impacts on the reopening of schools and colleges in the autumn.
    -- You have been warned.

• Advertisement

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Great the way we have old men like Holohan and MMartin running this country on massive salaries, golden pensions and basically can't be fired dictating to the rest of the country on things that don't impact them...

Holohan may also try and delay return to school/college:

-- You have been warned.

Yes, its almost like we elected them into government for exactly this purpose isnt it? Theres a word for it and also how you fire them.........

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

Yes I do,thanks for asking,I think the challenger isn't a reader of this thread
    Its unlikely to succeed will cost way more than €2000 and is a nice few Bob for the curly wig set
    I suspect indoor dining will be back on July 19th coinciding with the end of the fine and regulation

I'd be less sure, the article doesn't say if any other members of his family are EU citizens, if they are it's a strong case, interesting arguments on family life and the clarity and certainty of the regs to e offset against the states right to restrict freedom to travel under the conditions which have been well rehearsed here

Is his barrister the TD?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Santan

Your doubts and EU law are different thankfully

Am I right in thinking that Donnelly has the power to pause the cert for a maximum of 6 weeks from 18th July, I'm sure that was passed soon after the cert was agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

Ellie1988 wrote: »
    i have an underlying condition and was offered my first vaccine in March in the north. Was basically told that i would be waiting until August to get my first down here (i'm still waiting for my age group to be able to register on the portal here).

Given the makeup of our population this will become more of an issue. I got mine abroad but with no national ID would be a real problem to get DCC there, can imagine a good few in this situation. Will be hard to refuse to provide a DCC where a vaccine was given in the EU but that won't cover UK obviously, by which I mean there is less redress, the UK are using vaccines approved by the EMA of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Santan wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that Donnelly has the power to pause the cert for a maximum of 6 weeks from 18th July, I'm sure that was passed soon after the cert was agreed

No, 6 weeks from 1st July which would be mid August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Klonker wrote: »
    No, 6 weeks from 1st July which would be mid August.

Yes, that is my understanding too.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

With today’s shambles I really wouldn’t be surprised if they pull the “Firebreak” clause before the 19th out of concern of variants.

I don’t care. I’m off to Portugal end July no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

19th july still stands? and with a flight already booked for 20th july am good to go anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Me 4.
    Spain 28th July.
    I’ve made a genuine business related appointment (1-2 hours approx) in the costa del sol just in case I get stopped outbound.

Win win really and might close a deal while there as a bonus .

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

mmclo wrote: »
    Given the makeup of our population this will become more of an issue. I got mine abroad but with no national ID would be a real problem to get DCC there, can imagine a good few in this situation. Will be hard to refuse to provide a DCC where a vaccine was given in the EU but that won't cover UK obviously, by which I mean there is less redress, the UK are using vaccines approved by the EMA of course

i read an article last week saying that once you had an irish passport and you got an an EMA approved vaccine - even if you lived in say Belfast, London etc - you would have access to the Irish "vaccine passport". Haven't seen much else about this before or after but the idea was out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭bladespin

Yes, its almost like we elected them into government for exactly this purpose isnt it? Theres a word for it and also how you fire them.........

How many votes did Tony get? He’s running the show, pulled the rug on the government completely with this one, apparently they didn’t see it coming.

bladespin wrote: »
    How many votes did Tony get? He’s running the show, pulled the rug on the government completely with this one, apparently they didn’t see it coming.

He probably would just go as SF or any opp extreme left clowns think he's pissed off whats left of mainstream parties

next election turnout will be less than 50%

have another home abroad so will miss the election sorry

when is something with the UK going to be agreed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

agoodpunt wrote: »
    He probably would just go as SF or any opp extreme left clowns think he's pissed off whats left of mainstream parties

next election turnout will be less than 50%

We only have extreme left wing political parties in Ireland these days.

The only question is how far extremist left are they ? ! .

dalyboy wrote: »
    We only have extreme left wing political parties in Ireland these days.

The only question is how far extremist left are they ? ! .

They all have 1 thing in common they have failed for many today, caution has to be balanced.

dalyboy wrote: »
    Me 4.
    Spain 28th July.
    I’ve made a genuine business related appointment (1-2 hours approx) in the costa del sol just in case I get stopped outbound.

Win win really and might close a deal while there as a bonus .

That's after the 19th
    No restrictions other than what Spain requires

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ionnn

I don't know how anyone can have faith the 19th will go ahead given the clown show of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

Question

Has anyone had the Randox Rapid Antigen test at Dublin Airport. I specifically interested in the time it requires to get a travel cert. Randox say results in 1 hour .....but test 4 hours before travel. This seems a bit excessive, thought 2.5Hrs would be plenty

Had enough of Tony, Donnelly, George Lee and their snakeoil stats and models. Adios amigos time to outside dine in a country with the weather for it !

Santan wrote: »

It has to be implimented by 6 weeks from July 1,Ireland opted for a July 19th launch on signing up to it
    So as I understand it, No

• Advertisement

ionnn wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can have faith the 19th will go ahead given the clown show of today.

and if you have already paid and even fully vaccd ? sorry delta

Advertisement