Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Who is threatening families for going to an airport? No one. To see that is the issue here, you have to exaggerate the rules to make your point.

So what happens if you refuse / can't afford to pay the fine within 28 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

pc7 wrote: »
    Life has to go on in some fashion, we cannot continue with lockdowns for ever, I have a granny and want her safe but even she is like its going mad now 'the young have to live life'. We can be careful do what we can but this thing could be around for years, never mind the health side financially we have to try move forward. Before anyone says it I am not putting money before life etc etc, but there is risk to everything in life, we have to move forward.

Lockdown? :confused:

People equate indoor dining and pubs closed to dining now :rolleyes:

Lockdown finished months ago. People have been returning to normal life for a long time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

pc7 wrote: »
    Eamon Ryan on Claire Byrne saying the DCC will be ready for 19th July.

I don't believe a single word that comes out of any government ministers mouth tbh.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

6 wrote: »

Lockdown finished months ago. People have been returning to normal life for a long time now.

While we all may be doing normal things, we are still under restrictions akin to level 4+. Anyhow this is the travel thread and I for one will be traveling.

Flying from Belfast to mainland Spain, I need a PCR test to enter Spain? Do I need anything to leave Northern Ireland? I gather mainland Spain is 'amber' on their traffic light system. Thanks

When are you going ? Are you resident in the Republic? Are you fully vaccinated? Is it a direct flight or via London?

A PCR seems to be bullet proof at the moment
    You'll need to fill out tge Spanish health control form online
    Your airline will have a link

Theres no news yet as to whether you can fly there using your hse vaccine card showing your two jabs (or 1 jaansen)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

So why are people being fined €2000 for going to an airport with intent?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

So I can return to a normal life. I can out to dinner in the bar at the end of the street, which has been booked solidly for outdoor dining since reopening??? And then I can take my kids on holiday tomorrow????

This is a travel thread. I can't go on holiday without risking a 2k fine at the airport. I am effectively locked down in this country. Pubs and hospitality are locked down. Tourism and much of aviation is locked down as in it is not allowed to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ashdublinc13

When are you going ? Are you resident in the Republic? Are you fully vaccinated? Is it a direct flight or via London?

A PCR seems to be bullet proof at the moment
    You'll need to fill out tge Spanish health control form online
    Your airline will have a link

Theres no news yet as to whether you can fly there using your hse vaccine card showing your two jabs (or 1 jaansen)

Thanks. Hopefully soon, I'm resident in Republic, not fully vaccinated (haven't been offered one), direct flight from Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 17 northcider85

Thanks. Hopefully soon, I'm resident in Republic, not fully vaccinated (haven't been offered one), direct flight from Belfast

This site is your best friend: https://travelsafe.spain.info/en/

Ordinarily an antigen would do,but a pcr is the safest bet as its required for non vaccinated UK passengers and for the sake of an extra 20 euros it copper fastens no trouble at the airport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ashdublinc13

Thanks appreciate the replies. If traveling before the DCC is it worth the risk of a fine or hassle leaving from Dublin?

Thanks appreciate the replies. If traveling before the DCC is it worth the risk of a fine or hassle leaving from Dublin?

Most people here who've done it just have their made up essential reason at the ready
    Some don't meet gardai at all if using fast track security
    Theres a few posts detailing recent experiences if you read back a few weeks

If you do Belfast,before the 19th please post your experience

• Registered Users Posts: 13,962 ✭✭✭✭josip

Most people here who've done it just have their made up essential reason at the ready
    Some don't meet gardai at all if using fast track security
    Theres a few posts detailing recent experiences if you read back a few weeks

If you do Belfast,before the 19th please post your experience

There are also lot of people who do have genuine essential reasons for traveling.

josip wrote: »
    There are also lot of people who do have genuine essential reasons for traveling.

There was no need to post that as its obvious I'm referring to holiday travel

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ArturoMorgan

Hello, first time I am posting in the forums.

I fully respect all the opinions and approaches to this situation but this is a travel thread and I would like to know if the following situation would be feasible in the coming weeks.

Situation: I am Spanish, living in Ireland and not vaccinated yet (age). Travelling to Spain on the last week of July. Flights already booked, same as reservations.

Plan
    - I booked a PCR test (where I live) and an antigen test (Dublin airport), both with Randox.
    - I will also have a couple of appointments with the dentist, just in case.
    - Spain travelling form

I know that from the 19th we should be able to fly with no restrictions to leave Ireland (only the ones that apply to the destination), but I am planning to have all the documents above just in case. Imagine that Adolf Holohan "suggests" that free travelling should be postponed as well, same as they have done with indoor hospitality. Do you think should be enough with the tests and the dentist appointments?

Thanks

I fully respect all the opinions and approaches to this situation but this is a travel thread and I would like to know if the following situation would be feasible in the coming weeks.

Situation: I am Spanish, living in Ireland and not vaccinated yet (age). Travelling to Spain on the last week of July. Flights already booked, same as reservations.

Plan
    - I booked a PCR test (where I live) and an antigen test (Dublin airport), both with Randox.
    - Spain travelling form

I know that from the 19th we should be able to fly with no restrictions to leave Ireland (only the ones that apply to the destination), but I am planning to have all the documents above just in case. Imagine that Adolf Holohan "suggests" that free travelling should be postponed as well, same as they have done with indoor hospitality. Do you think should be enough with the tests and the dentist appointments?

Thanks

Last week in July is after the 19th,so the pcr will get you the digital covid certificate
    Last week in July There are no travel restrictions or Gardaí for you to talk to
    The pcr is all you need or indeed just the antigen for Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ArturoMorgan

Last week in July is after the 19th,so the pcr will get you the digital covid certificate
    Last week in July There are no travel restrictions or Gardaí for you to talk to
    The pcr is all you need or indeed just the antigen for Spain

Thank you for your response!

Yes, I will be travelling after the 19th, so it will be enough with the PCR, but I booked both in case I don´t receive the PCR results on time. I am a little bit paranoid with this, but that´s my problem anyway.

My fear is that they can extend the travel restrictions or "suggest" that only vaccinated people will be travelling, and I am afraid that I will not be fully vaccinated by the end of July. That´s why I am planning to have all the documents.

Thank you for your response!

Yes, I will be travelling after the 19th, so it will be enough with the PCR, but I booked both in case I don´t receive the PCR results on time. I am a little bit paranoid with this, but that´s my problem anyway.

My fear is that they can extend the travel restrictions or "suggest" that only vaccinated people will be travelling, and I am afraid that I will not be fully vaccinated by the end of July. That´s why I am planning to have all the documents.

You're a Spanish citizen anyway
    You're entitled to travel home to Spain even now,today,Gardaí won't bat an eyelid

Gosafe do a full pcr for the same price as randox with results in 4 to 6hrs
    Go there the day before for a pcr and it's 69 euros
    Anything you paid randox is refundable as long as you give them more than 24hrs notice

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

We'd certainly ban the car driver if he drove into a care home and killed my granny
    If it happened a few times we'd probably put up concrete ramps
    Look the point cannot be evaded,we are in a new reality that so.little of the world is vaccinated that vaccine busting variants are inevitable until we vaccinate the world
    The objective locally should be to keep alert to them and act immediately to keep them out
    So far we are lucky,Delta isn't vaccine busting
    But we haven't kept it out
    If it was we would be in Big trouble

what?? :eek:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Ellie1988 wrote: »
    i read an article last week saying that once you had an irish passport and you got an an EMA approved vaccine - even if you lived in say Belfast, London etc - you would have access to the Irish "vaccine passport". Haven't seen much else about this before or after but the idea was out there

That is true but zero clarity so far on how exactly we register our non-irish but still EMA approved vaccination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Does the €2,000 fine expire on July 5th or 19th ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

We'd certainly ban the car driver if he drove into a care home and killed my granny
    If it happened a few times we'd probably put up concrete ramps
    Look the point cannot be evaded,we are in a new reality that so.little of the world is vaccinated that vaccine busting variants are inevitable until we vaccinate the world
    The objective locally should be to keep alert to them and act immediately to keep them out
    So far we are lucky,Delta isn't vaccine busting
    But we haven't kept it out
    If it was we would be in Big trouble

https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1409492400268001280

A variant that evades vaccines is not going to happen. Stop with this "vaccine busting" nonsense.

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    what?? :eek:

Yes,what do you think the virus does everytime it gets opportunities to enter millions of hosts in unvaccinated countries,it mutates

funnydoggy wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1409492400268001280

A variant that evades vaccines is not going to happen. Stop with this "vaccine busting" nonsense.

Its not nonsense
    Your expert does not know and neither do any
    What were their opinions on this subject in 2019 for example?
    Just 2 years ago...
    This is all a topic for the Delta thread anyway and I'm pretty sure there's plenty there who will disagree with you and those who'll scour the Internet for something or someone to comfort them
    Being aware alert and ready to take action has been trial and error to date
    A lot of error

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Its not nonsense
    Your expert does not know and neither do any
    What were their opinions on this subject in 2019 for example?
    Just 2 years ago...
    This is all a topic for the Delta thread anyway and I'm pretty sure there's plenty there who will disagree with you and those who'll scour the Internet for something or someone to comfort them
    Being aware alert and ready to take action has been trial and error to date
    A lot of error

I have presented you information from a reputable expert who is quoting another expert.

If you disagree with it, fair enough but you need to show your credentials too and explain why you disagree.

This isn't for this thread anyway so I won't be carrying on with this conversation.

funnydoggy wrote: »
    I have presented you information from a reputable expert who is quoting another expert.

If you disagree with it, fair enough but you need to show your credentials too and explain why you disagree.

This isn't for this thread anyway so I won't be carrying on with this conversation.

Can I ask what is his actual full name and institution ?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Plan
    - Spain travelling form

Thanks

Best guess yes, but there are no certainties. Best to assess it closer to the day. Using past pass at Dublin airport and arriving as far ahead of 7am as you can stomach seems to be the advice here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    Best guess yes, but there are no certainties. Best to assess it closer to the day. Using past pass at Dublin airport and arriving as far ahead of 7am as you can stomach seems to be the advice here.

Hes Spanish, I let him know a page back that returning home to Spain is an essential reason anyway so he could go now if he wants to
    He's also confirmed he's travelling after the 19th,so he'll be grand with the pcr

• Advertisement

Hes Spanish, I let him know a page back that returning home to Spain is an essential reason anyway so he could go now if he wants to
    He's also confirmed he's travelling after the 19th,so he'll be grand with the pcr

Having Spanish citizenship doesnt entitle you to travel to Spain without reason on either end. Countries can close their borders. Spain closed its borders as did Slovakia to ALL entries regardless of nationality.

He has the right to return, not to holiday

Advertisement