Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    1 jab means you are unvavcinated. You can't test and release until day 10 if coming from UK. 5 is for vaccinated

Thanks. What happens if I'm only home for a week? I'm allowed to travel to the airport to leave the country?( I'm UK resident)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Said Id post my travel experiences from Monday morning at Dublin Airport.

Got to Long Term Red at around 2am and got bus to T1. Proceeded to Randox for antigen test. Went in through security at around 3am. No guards stationed needless to say. Antigen test result emailed to me at 3.15am.

Around 5am airport got busy and my flight left for Lanzo at 6.15am with around 50 on it. Here now until provisonally July 20th as to avoid quarantine when I get home as will utilise DCC once it’s up and running.

Just showed my Spanish Locator form at the airport in Spain. Pretty quiet here but great to get away from the doom and gloom and those yellow fcuking signs. Things are much more laid back here. Off out for a few pints now and dinner. How bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rajqo

I’m genuinely surprised with this. I live in Slovakia and didn’t know this happened so I’ll have to go back and check this. Do you know when it was?

It didn't happen. Only Slovak citizens were allowed to enter early 2020, subject to quarantine in the government facility paid by the Slovak citizen entering. No essential travel reason was needed to provide to officials as holders of Slovak passport have a constitutional right to enter their home country for whatever reason at any time. No foreign passports were allowed to enter Slovakia until june or july 2020 though

rajqo wrote: »
    It didn't happen. Only Slovak citizens were allowed to enter early 2020, subject to quarantine in the government facility paid by the Slovak citizen entering. No essential travel reason was needed to provide to officials as holders of Slovak passport have a constitutional right to enter their home country for whatever reason at any time. No foreign passports were allowed to enter Slovakia until june or july 2020 though

"Citizens coming from other countries travelling to Slovakia for essential reasons"
    (https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/slovakia-reopens-its-borders-for-citizens-of-16-countries/)

Even if what you say is true and thats just a bad translation, the border was closed and people were forced into quarantine at their own expense so every bit as bad as the Irish system.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Good it’s being highlighted at EU level, it’s a sickener that hijack can be used as an excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

Random question I hope someone has experience of that can help.

Rules state to return to Ireland you need a negative PCR test taken no longer than 72 hours before departure. If someone was planning to go abroad for 24-36 hours would the departure PCR test cover them for both the departure and return, if no longer than 72 hours before return?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Terrible reflection on our Country but hopefully incentive to have it ready on July 19th as promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭embraer170

ahbell wrote: »

Rules state to return to Ireland you need a negative PCR test taken no longer than 72 hours before departure. If someone was planning to go abroad for 24-36 hours would the departure PCR test cover them for both the departure and return, if no longer than 72 hours before return?

If they arrive back in Ireland less than 72 hours after the sample was taken, yes.

Already answered a few times here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Got to Long Term Red at around 2am and got bus to T1. Proceeded to Randox for antigen test. Went in through security at around 3am. No guards stationed needless to say. Antigen test result emailed to me at 3.15am.

Around 5am airport got busy and my flight left for Lanzo at 6.15am with around 50 on it. Here now until provisonally July 20th as to avoid quarantine when I get home as will utilise DCC once it’s up and running.

Just showed my Spanish Locator form at the airport in Spain. Pretty quiet here but great to get away from the doom and gloom and those yellow fcuking signs. Things are much more laid back here. Off out for a few pints now and dinner. How bad!

So you can eat and drink outdoors, same as in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

So you can eat and drink outdoors, same as in Ireland

Or indoors

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

A friend is travelling on 19 July to France. Where will he need to go to get a DCC? Will there be a webpage to register or is it an app? When will the steps involved be published? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

JTMan wrote: »
    A friend is travelling on 19 July to France. Where will he need to go get a DCC? Will there be a webpage to register or is it an app? When will the steps involved be published? Thanks.
    To be completely honest I don't think anyone can answer those questions

• Registered Users Posts: 13,880 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Just as well 1 July is some time away yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

What a pathetic embarrassment we are. Martin, Donnelly and Leo are useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Can we have direct rule from Brussels please?

JTMan wrote: »
    A friend is travelling on 19 July to France. Where will he need to go to get a DCC? Will there be a webpage to register or is it an app? When will the steps involved be published? Thanks.

It mightn't even be ready by then apparently. Watch them come out and blame the cyber attack but in reality they don't want it ready anyway.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

TefalBrain wrote: »
    It mightn't even be ready by then apparently. Watch them come out and blame the cyber attack but in reality they don't want it ready anyway.

I thought someone came out and said it wasn’t going to be affected by the hack as on a different system but would still be 19th? Was it Reid, I’ll try find it.

ETA

Found this from May, not sure how reliable source is https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/digital-health-passes-to-be-issued-soon-despite-cyber-attacks-irish-minister-says/

I thought that when this was originally announced we were on the 'ready but not implementing' list of countries?

There was 3 lists, the pilot group that started early, the ready to start but not implenenting early list and then the last group, those that werent ready but should be.

How the sweet **** did we manage to not only fall from 'ready' to being the only nation that will miss the deadline???

I assume that vaccination / PCR certs will still need to be honoured, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

I thought that when this was originally announced we were on the 'ready but not implementing' list of countries?

There was 3 lists, the pilot group that started early, the ready to start but not implenenting early list and then the last group, those that werent ready but should be.

How the sweet **** did we manage to not only fall from 'ready' to being the only nation that will miss the deadline???

I assume that vaccination / PCR certs will still need to be honoured, right?

Technically ready according to the eu but not connected,
    You would have to wonder why not at this stage?

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

fm wrote: »
    Technically ready according to the eu but not connected,
    You would have to wonder why not at this stage?

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

I think they are afraid if they connect it the russians will take the EU and demand 3 bitcoin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Good man - enjoy.

Are we sure you can activate the DCC abroad, did someone not say it will be geo locked? I’m sure you could use your vaccine card anyway.

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Good man - enjoy.

Are we sure you can activate the DCC abroad, did someone not say it will be geo locked? I’m sure you could use your vaccine card anyway.

The Spanish have no problem accepting the vaccination card. I've heard of several people travelling over this week with it and no issues whatsoever.

The ironic thing the Irish may not accept it to get back into Ireland without a PCR in a few weeks

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Good man - enjoy.

I had to turn off a VPN to access the HSE portal
    A geo blocking message came up otherwise
    I shall be testing the HSE vaccine card in Spain at the end of next week and will come on here to say whether it's acceptable or not
    I will have a pcr as back up but will proceed with the card first and only show the pcr if not accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭jellies

ahbell wrote: »

Yes it does. My daughter's friend went to Wales v Italy in Rome and took the test before he left.

Of course it is a complete nonsense, but this is Ireland so yer grand, begorrah and bejayney!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭VG31

It seems that Germany still classifies most of Ireland as a "basic risk-area" so there is a 10 day quarantine. So much for the DCC.

https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/coronavirus/current-information-for-travellers.html

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html

EDIT: It appears if you're vaccinated or recovered from covid you don't have to quarantine. It still goes against the DCC by making people with negative tests quarantine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,962 ✭✭✭✭josip

VG31 wrote: »
    It seems that Germany still classifies most of Ireland as a "basic risk-area" so there is a 10 day quarantine. So much for the DCC.

https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/coronavirus/current-information-for-travellers.html

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html

EDIT: It appears if you're vaccinated or recovered from covid you don't have to quarantine. It still goes against the DCC by making people with negative tests quarantine though.

According to this,
    https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/coronavirus-infos-reisende/faq-tests-einreisende.html
    people who test and submit the results before entry do not need to quarantine.

After a previous stay in a simple risk area, the domestic quarantine can be ended prematurely if a negative test certificate is transmitted via the entry portal of the Federal Republic of Germany at https://einreiseanmeldung.de . The quarantine can then be ended from the time of transmission. No quarantine is required if the proof is submitted prior to entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭VG31

josip wrote: »
    According to this,
    https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/coronavirus-infos-reisende/faq-tests-einreisende.html
    people who test and submit the results before entry do not need to quarantine.

Yeah I think you're right actually. It's pretty confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

rajqo wrote: »

What you wrote is exactly how I remember it. That citizens and residents were not barred entry. I was sure what niner was writing was bs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

I don't believe for a second that our failure to introduce the EU travel scheme from today is in any way related to the hack on the HSE.

But let's suppose it is true - then, if so, FG are basically telling us that due to 10+ years of cuts and neglect in the public services (which involve using out of date PCs/software) you're stuck until July 18th. . . . . Or supposedly!

Advertisement