Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Darwin wrote: »
    Just received a reply from the EU over a complaint I lodged about MHQ and the port travel fine some weeks ago. I'm sure the reply was the same to all who complained...

Mine attached.

Over to the UK on the 23rd on the ferry, as its a short weekend I'm really hoping that I don't have to get a PCR to come back to ireland. Since I am fully vacced and should have the digital cert... UK not being in the EU may cause an issue, just not sure.

23rd of July and you're double jabbed?
    Surely be to God as that's 4 days after the 19th,you'll have a DCC on your phone by then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

VG31 wrote: »
    I don't think there's anywhere (even here) where you must have a DCC for testing. A general negative test travel certificate should be fine if for some reason you can't get a DCC in time.

"People arriving without a DCC will also need proof of a negative RT-PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before arrival."

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_abroad/digital_covid_certificate.html

I meant how do you get a DCC if you get a negative test for travel purposes and are not vaccinated?

From the above website

"What is the EU Digital Covid Certificate (DCC)?

The EU COVID Certificate (previously called the Digital Green Certificate) will help citizens move freely and safely within the EU during the COVID-19 pandemic.

It is proof that you have either:

Been vaccinated against COVID-19;
    Received a negative test result; or
    Recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months
    Being vaccinated will not be a pre-condition to travel.

What information will be included on the DCC?

The certificate will only contain necessary key information including:

Your name
    Your date of birth
    The date of issue
    Relevant information about your vaccine or test or recovery
    A unique identifier number

The DCC will be free and available in both digital and paper formats. The certificate has a QR code to avoid fraud."

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

dashoonage wrote: »
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/hundreds-of-thousands-of-covid-certs-to-be-issued-within-weeks-varadkar-1150329.html

I joked a while back that they would use an post to deliver the covid certs....... i joked lads...

By post lol

I give up with these idiots. They are completely unsuitable for running a country, in fact I wouldn't have them run a corner fruit and veg shop. Useless

SusanC10 wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be any mention in that article about what you need to do to get the DCC if you are unvaccinated and relying on a negative test.

Just as they want it. Causing more confusion.

I said it weeks ago that they would leave the unvaccintated high and dry and don't want them travelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

dashoonage wrote: »
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/hundreds-of-thousands-of-covid-certs-to-be-issued-within-weeks-varadkar-1150329.html

I joked a while back that they would use an post to deliver the covid certs....... i joked lads...

Hundreds of thousands within the next 3 weeks.. how does that work, where do you apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

VG31 wrote: »
    It seems that Germany still classifies most of Ireland as a "basic risk-area" so there is a 10 day quarantine. So much for the DCC.

https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/coronavirus/current-information-for-travellers.html

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html

EDIT: It appears if you're vaccinated or recovered from covid you don't have to quarantine. It still goes against the DCC by making people with negative tests quarantine though.

Strange if we are Orange on the ECDC list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mel123

SusanC10 wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be any mention in that article about what you need to do to get the DCC if you are unvaccinated and relying on a negative test.

It doesn’t specify how you get the DCC either. Are they just generating them for everyone in the system that has been vaccinated and has had covid in the last 9 months?

Hoping to go away the day we can travel but I’m still not booking anything until things are more certain

Feria40 wrote: »
    Hundreds of thousands within the next 3 weeks.. how does that work, where do you apply?

They don't even know. Varadkar says they may post them or electronically. Imagine that, the rest of Europe up and running and they still haven't figured out how they'll do it.

I'm calling this now. This will be a complete clusterfcuk with the vast majority of people entitled to a cert not getting it by the 19th and I can tell you now forget about negative tests and recovered from Covid getting one anytime this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,962 ✭✭✭✭josip

Looking at the underlying numbers to see why Ireland is orange on the ECDC map, these are the criteria for the colours.

ozbrfBe.png

Ireland's positivity rate is only available on a national level and is 2.226, so that means the case number thresholds for the 2nd column apply.
    The regional per 100,000 case numbers over the past 14 days were

North/West - 101
    South - 74
    East - 101

Which is pretty solid mid-orange territory.
    Not much chance of any region going green while the national daily case numbers remain in the 300s or even upper 200s.

• Advertisement

Maybe they'll use carrier pigeons or smoke signals to deliver the certs?

TefalBrain wrote: »
    By post lol

I give up with these idiots. They are completely unsuitable for running a country, in fact I wouldn't have them run a corner fruit and veg shop. Useless

Tbf, it says 'or'
    I can.think of many an older person who will want a certificate on paper as they don't do smart phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭SJFly

bubblypop wrote: »
    Tbf, it says 'or'
    I can.think of many an older person who will want a certificate on paper as they don't do smart phones.

I presume this is it. Its to cater for the small % who don't want to work digitally. At least I hope so. If they are planning wide-scale roll out via an post I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭seansouth36

Flew in to Dublin Airport today via Amsterdam. A group of girls were flying from Dubai (supposed to be on a Red List), but they seemed fairly relaxed about avoiding MHQ, and all of them sailed through immigration with barely a cursory check. I was in a red list country 14 days ago, but the immigration officer just made sure I was the same guy as in my passport photo and my PCR and passenger locator form. As with leaving Dublin, the reality is things are very relaxed 'on the ground.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

Short trip report.

Flew to Faro in Portugal on Monday evening, 28th June and back again last night (Wednesday) to Dublin. Because of the timing, I had to get both PCR and antigen tests done in Ireland before departure.

Although I had a reason for travel, I was not asked for it. Arrived at airport by bus and went through fast track security.

Evidence of negative antigen test on phone was accepted to board aircraft as well as arrival in Portugal. Evidence of negative PCR result was accepted for return journey and at passport control in Dublin.

At the boarding gate in Faro Airport, someone was prevented from boarding plane back to Dublin due to only having antigen and not PCR result.

Going though passport control in Dublin was slow due to the extra documentation. Hatches are divided into EU/EEA/UK/CH and "All Passports". I found that the "All Passports" moved slightly quicker probably due to these people being used to providing the correct documentation while travelling.

I am now on 14 day self-quarantine but I have a test booked in a couple of days, a negative result from which will allow me to break quarantine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 yeuptah

Hi folks,

Moving to Spain next week for an undefined period, working remotely while there. Have the first month accommodation booked & no return flight. Wondering if this is enough to allow for travel to the Gardai or would I need more proof? I’ve booked fast pass for security after reading comments here but flight is in the afternoon so just wary guards might be outside airport.

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 13,880 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Just as they want it. Causing more confusion.

I said it weeks ago that they would leave the unvaccintated high and dry and don't want them travelling.

They don’t want anyone going abroad.

They’re desperate for us all to spend 3 grand for a week here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What’s the betting the HSE mess up the digital green cert and end up posting hundreds of thousands of them?

23rd of July and you're double jabbed?
    Surely be to God as that's 4 days after the 19th,you'll have a DCC on your phone by then

He travelling to the UK

By post lol

"or perhaps even by post"

Its an optional method that may suit some people. What exactly is wrong with giving people the option of receiving the paper version by post?

• Advertisement

yeuptah wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Moving to Spain next week for an undefined period, working remotely while there. Have the first month accommodation booked & no return flight. Wondering if this is enough to allow for travel to the Gardai or would I need more proof? I’ve booked fast pass for security after reading comments here but flight is in the afternoon so just wary guards might be outside airport.

Thanks a mill

This exact scenario has been answered hundreds of times by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Perhaps if there was a Garda here who knew the answer, the might answer if asked politely instead of called names.

This thread in general shows that the fines have not been enforced to the full extent and flexibility has always applied. Book the flight for after the 19th and pay the PCR charge to come back, will be about 50 or 60 euro if you are going to the Islands I believe. Less touristy areas are charging more.

Apologies if I've missed something here, but where is the name-calling in my post? Confused

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Apologies if I've missed something here, but where is the name-calling in my post? Confused

I apologise, the chap you quoted was the name caller.

Latest EU map is up. Not a real concern for all other EU citizens but alas, still is for us. It appears we are showing numbers again and have gone Orange. Only ourselves and Spain still at orange.

So the green country will let me in from an orange country without restrictions once I show I a vaccinated in that country BUT the orange country demands that I get a PCR and quarantine coming from a green country even though I am returning to where I was vaccinated.

Begorrah

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Quechyquat

Latest EU map is up. Not a real concern for all other EU citizens but alas, still is for us. It appears we are showing numbers again and have gone Orange. Only ourselves and Spain still at orange.

So the green country will let me in from an orange country without restrictions once I show I a vaccinated in that country BUT the orange country demands that I get a PCR and quarantine coming from a green country even though I am returning to where I was vaccinated.

Begorrah

Maybe I’m just Mr. Logic but that map suggests that we should be encouraging international travel as a means of reducing our numbers.

He travelling to the UK

Its valid for re entry
    Vaccinated Is it not?

josip wrote: »
    Does anyone remember last year when there was a poster on here warning about the hassle of having to repatriate a body if you got Covid when abroad on holidays? :)

To be fair now, we've probably all got plenty experience of that pre covid returning from a stag :D

Quechyquat wrote: »
    Maybe I’m just Mr. Logic but that map suggests that we should be encouraging international travel as a means of reducing our numbers.

Theres definately something going on. Maybe those countries have adopted more effective systems or they adhere to them more? Spain allows tourism, dining and food indoors, their numbers are amongst the worst at present but then so do some of the countries with the best numbers so its not as simple as that.
    Its valid for re entry
    Vaccinated Is it not?

I wouldnt think so. The UK isnt in the system and the CTA isnt opening our side anytime soon it appears. So thats a PCR and quarantine when arriving from the UK. Another Brexit bite it seems.

I find it very odd that fully vaccinated people are required to get a PCR and quarantine to begin with

• Registered Users Posts: 3 yeuptah

This exact scenario has been answered hundreds of times by now.

Thanks for the help

• Advertisement

Irelands pathetic failure to sign up to the green passport today as the ONLY country in Europe not to made a full 8 seconds of a mention on the news just there. Not in one of RTE's top 10 stories on their website in fact Brittany Spears is worthy of more of a mention.

RTE, the truth matter.

Advertisement