Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Gael23 wrote: »
    What’s the betting the HSE mess up the digital green cert and end up posting hundreds of thousands of them?

Did you honestly expect a different outcome? Complete gobshîtes here and want you to stay at home, to protect a farcical health system full of more gobshîtes.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

TefalBrain wrote: »
    Irelands pathetic failure to sign up to the green passport today as the ONLY country in Europe not to made a full 8 seconds of a mention on the news just there. Not in one of RTE's top 10 stories on their website in fact Brittany Spears is worthy of more of a mention.

RTE, the truth matter.

You need to research more

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0630/1232241-covid-ireland-figures/

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

That's the most read you've pointed out.

https://www.rte.ie/news/

In fact it's not even in the top 20 stories now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Did you honestly expect a different outcome? Complete gobshîtes here and want you to stay at home, to protect a farcical health system full of more gobshîtes.

They do mention it. You just have to work reeeeaalllllly hard to find it among all the stories about how many people delta is going to kill. Not a mention of the 2k fine anywhere tho. Here is the only place you'll find that info

Sorry that was in response to tefals post about rates lack of coverage

That's the most read you've pointed out.

https://www.rte.ie/news/

In fact it's not even in the top 20 stories now.

I dunno how you access the site or the layout but it was on the main page when I looked. Its down the bottom now.

ON a side note, no new SI to extend the fine but I expect one

• Advertisement

I dunno how you access the site or the layout but it was on the main page when I looked. Its down the bottom now.

ON a side note, no new SI to extend the fine but I expect one

They won't have the manpower to fine people in the next few weeks. The airport is getting busier by the day. They'd nobody at all in Rosslare the other night for the ferry to Spain apparently.

Fines are only a barrier for the working and middle classes also which i find appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

Hey guysz sorry this may have beem asked previously. Im at work so dont have much time to read through post.
    Basically we are booked to go spain on the 20th for 4 nights.
    Can we still fly without the digital covid cert.
    My partner is fully vacinated. I will only have my first jab of 2.
    I have booked a pcr for within 48hrs before land in spain. With the irish gov not ready we wont have digital cert in time.
    1. Can we travel without the digital covid cert.
    2. Do we have to quarantine.
    3. Will they accept hse vaciine card.
    4. Will they accept the negative pcr test i get.
    Can anyone help with my questions.
    Thanks

1-Yes
    2-No
    3-Yes but others here could confirm
    4-You only need an antigen test to enter Spain if not vaccinated, pcr returning home

You can put your travel plans into the below Web site

https://reopen.europa.eu/en

They won't have the manpower to fine people in the next few weeks. The airport is getting busier by the day. They'd nobody at all in Rosslare the other night for the ferry to Spain apparently.

Fines are only a barrier for the working and middle classes also which i find appalling.

This is the second or third time you have said this and again, 'they' have immigration and an entire Garda station in Dublin airport.

The checkpoints need not be concerned with how long the tailback is unless they choose to.

I also don't get your point about fines, non payment can result in a prison sentence. Unless you mean it's only workers that are actually effected by the threat of jail?

This is the second or third time you have said this and again, 'they' have immigration and an entire Garda station in Dublin airport.

The checkpoints need not be concerned with how long the tailback is unless they choose to.

I also don't get your point about fines, non payment can result in a prison sentence. Unless you mean it's only workers that are actually effected by the threat of jail?

Has a single person been sent to prison for not paying the fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

This article says 5,000 are facing prosecution for non-payment, they better send the diggers back up to Thornton Hall if the intend to imprison that lot.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/almost-5-000-facing-court-prosecution-for-non-payment-of-covid-19-fines-1.4527367

• Advertisement

This article says 5,000 are facing prosecution for non-payment, they better send the diggers back up to Thornton Hall if there are to imprison that lot.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/almost-5-000-facing-court-prosecution-for-non-payment-of-covid-19-fines-1.4527367

Nobody will be sent to any prison i'd wager a hefty sum on it. The fine was brought in to scare people plain and simple and has as many legal holes in it as a picture of Osama Bin Laden at a Texas shooting range.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭SJFly

It's interesting to watch the numbers bounce around. Over the last few weeks we went from top of the class to bottom of the class. Now our numbers are slowly rising again, but it looks like they are beginning to go up in Europe too. It will be interesting to see if our harsher restrictions slow down the increasing numbers relative to the rest of Europe.
    If they won't let us travel now, when most places are safer, it's hard to imagine travel in August being allowed if European numbers are worse than ours (I hope I'm wrong and hoping to be in France this August)

Has a single person been found guilty yet?

What holes are you referring to?

It's a fine, same as any other fine for public order, traffic, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

SJFly wrote: »
    It's interesting to watch the numbers bounce around. Over the last few weeks we went from top of the class to bottom of the class. Now our numbers are slowly rising again, but it looks like they are beginning to go up in Europe too. It will be interesting to see if our harsher restrictions slow down the increasing numbers relative to the rest of Europe.
    The numbers dropped AGAIN in Germany today, after having been dropping constantly since April , Poland and other central european countries are the same.

FFS, Germany had 649 cases yesterday in a country of 83 million, down over 100 cases week on week!!! Thats barely more than Ireland in a country 16 times bigger.
    Its not the continent that has an imminent problem with Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Chuck Norris 2021

Finally received a response to my complaint to the EU on the airport fine. Received a 4 page letter that goes into great detail about the DCC and all the various restrictions. Below is probably the most interesting part;

In addition, we understand that as from 10 May 2021, it is possible to travel within
    Ireland without a reasonable excuse. However, we understand that despite such
    possibility at national level, a travel without reasonable excuse to a port or airport for the
    purposes of leaving the State is still not allowed and is subject to penalties. Moreover, we
    take note that this prohibition has been extended until 5 July 2021. On that regard, I can
    inform you that the Commission is in dialogue with the Irish authorities.

It also makes it pretty clear that MHQ has been removed for EU states following consultation.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

https://afspraak.testenvoorjereis.nl/evenement/type

The portal for free PCR covid tests for a traveling purpose launched by the Dutch government, for anyone flying between Netherlands and Ireland. This will apparently be active in July-August.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Finally received a response to my complaint to the EU on the airport fine. Received a 4 page letter that goes into great detail about the DCC and all the various restrictions. Below is probably the most interesting part;

It's past time now that the EU should take the Irish Government to the courts for the shambolic handling of free movement by denying Irish citizens the right to travel without Police interference and massive fines..

A massive fine might shake up sleepy Eamonn and MMartin...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dash8q400

Does anyone know where we're supposed to get this Covid Certificate from? Hoping to go away to Portugal in late July, I'll be fully vaccinated. Who do I contact for one?

dash8q400 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where we're supposed to get this Covid Certificate from? Hoping to go away to Portugal in late July, I'll be fully vaccinated. Who do I contact for one?

Noone knows
    But my guess is it will be requestable via your hse vaccine portal and emailed to you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

In addition, we understand that as from 10 May 2021, it is possible to travel within
    possibility at national level, a travel without reasonable excuse to a port or airport for the
    purposes of leaving the State is still not allowed and is subject to penalties. Moreover, we
    take note that this prohibition has been extended until 5 July 2021. On that regard, I can

It also makes it pretty clear that MHQ has been removed for EU states following consultation.

That sounds like they are going to give out to them if they extend it again.

• Advertisement

The best that can be taken out of that is the dialogue will ensure that the 19th July date will be stuck to

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Think it was really clever to offer 18-30 year olds J&J, they know loads are planning to travel and this way the incentive of having a one and done with no need for PCR etc. will hopefully encourage take up.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Chuck Norris 2021

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    It's past time now that the EU should take the Irish Government to the courts for the shambolic handling of free movement by denying Irish citizens the right to travel without Police interference and massive fines..

A massive fine might shake up sleepy Eamonn and MMartin...

I would hope that they'll block the extension of the fine (hopefully). They went on to say;

Please note that even if the Commission services came to the conclusion that national
    Irish law or practice is not in line with EU law, any formal legal steps that the
    Commission may decide to take against Ireland to address these shortcomings, will aim
    at ensuring that Member States in general transpose and implement EU law correctly.
    Such steps are not meant to resolve individual cases, and can take a relatively long time.
    If you think that the Irish authorities violated your rights, you can make use of the means
    of redress available at national level, as the Member States have the primary
    responsibility for providing sufficient legal remedies in the fields covered by EU law.
    Where you have suffered damage, only the national courts can award you reparation.
    Furthermore, since there is a time limit on national means of redress, unless you use them
    quickly, you may lose your rights of redress at national level.
    We wish to assure you that the Commission will continue to closely monitor
    developments in all EU Member States, including Ireland, with regard to the emergency
    measures put in place in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dash8q400

Noone knows
    But my guess is it will be requestable via your hse vaccine portal and emailed to you

They're leaving it bloody late, no information or anything. If there's nothing by the 19th I'm just going to bring my vaccine card with me and use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

pc7 wrote: »
    Think it was really clever to offer 18-30 year olds J&J, they know loads are planning to travel and this way the incentive of having a one and done with no need for PCR etc. will hopefully encourage take up.

I dont think they will get a choice though, or have i missed something? Some will be offered J&J and others will get offered different ones? Agree its good to use all the vaccine on all age cohorts at this stage.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Did GPs upload to that portal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

The best that can be taken out of that is the dialogue will ensure that the 19th July date will be stuck to

I wouldn't trust FFFG-NPHET Government to stick to the 19th.
    The day when the UK will remove all restrictions.

Paddy last Ireland will still be restricting Travel..
    He said noises from Government in recent days suggest officials are looking to delay the rollout.

“We have had different members of the Government saying different things and raising issues like queues at airports – almost like they are looking for some sort of excuse not to roll it out.”

https://www.newstalk.com/news/people-delaying-travel-plans-amid-irelands-slow-rollout-of-eu-internatinal-travel-pass-1219515

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,638 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Just to show how shambolic nature of the DGC in Ireland. Even though I won't get my second vaccine here in Spain for another 2 weeks, I already have access to my DGC since yesterday. Obviously it fails the fully vaccinated test but I dont have to worry about scrambling to get it.

There is no excuse Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

July 5th ? is that significant, does it really mean no more fines from the 5th ? rather than the 19th, due out 18th, 12 hours before end of supposed fine date !

Darwin wrote: »
    Just received a reply from the EU over a complaint I lodged about MHQ and the port travel fine some weeks ago. I'm sure the reply was the same to all who complained, but this section is of particular interest:

The Commission understands that Ireland requires travellers coming from a “designated” country to undergo a mandatory hotel quarantine. This measure applies to all passengers, irrespective of nationality. In the latest weeks, the Commission services have been in contact with the Irish authorities to discuss this measure and the criteria used to determine the designated countries. In this framework, the situation seems now to be solved as currently there are no Member States among the countries subject to the mandatory quarantine as Belgium, France and Luxembourg were removed from the list on 28 May 2021. However, the Commission is still monitoring this measure.

In addition, we understand that as from 10 May 2021, it is possible to travel within Ireland without a reasonable excuse. However, we understand that despite such possibility at national level, a travel without reasonable excuse to a port or airport for the purposes of leaving the State is still not allowed and is subject to penalties. Moreover, we take note that this prohibition has been extended until 5 July2021. On that regard, I can inform you that the Commission is in dialogue with the Irish authorities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust FFFG-NPHET Government to stick to the 19th.
    The day when the UK will remove all restrictions.

Paddy last Ireland will still be restricting Travel..

https://www.newstalk.com/news/people-delaying-travel-plans-amid-irelands-slow-rollout-of-eu-internatinal-travel-pass-1219515

I feel that Ireland will delay until the last possible date - August 12th.

Advertisement