Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,638 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Looking at the reopen EU chart and things have taken a turn. My part of Spain has gone from Green to Red in a week. Cases have gone up here BUT when you look at the data the bulk of cases related to the younger than 30 age group. There was a cohort of students from the region who had an end of term trip to Mallorca and 100 of them contracted Covid there.

However despite this double/tripling of cases in certain areas of the region, hospitalisations are flat or falling.

There isn't a sense of panic in the media though.

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust FFFG-NPHET Government to stick to the 19th.
    The day when the UK will remove all restrictions.

Paddy last Ireland will still be restricting Travel..

https://www.newstalk.com/news/people-delaying-travel-plans-amid-irelands-slow-rollout-of-eu-internatinal-travel-pass-1219515

For a start,there's no guarantee that the UK will now lift all restrictions on July 19th
    Its a fast changing situation

Enda Brady being a high profile case in point that Delta has tricks up its sleeves

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irish-sky-news-correspondent-enda-24438092

I'm confident that the DCC will come on stream on the 19th
    But I'm not confident that fire break countries will avoid being excluded at times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

faceman wrote: »
    Looking at the reopen EU chart and things have taken a turn. My part of Spain has gone from Green to Red in a week. Cases have gone up here BUT when you look at the data the bulk of cases related to the younger than 30 age group. There was a cohort of students from the region who had an end of term trip to Mallorca and 100 of them contracted Covid there.

However despite this double/tripling of cases in certain areas of the region, hospitalisations are flat or falling.

Meanwhile on the Claire Byrne show she's doing her damnedest to keep us locked down, planes on the ground and ships tied up.

Fcuk off Claire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Meanwhile on the Claire Byrne show she's doing her damnedest to keep us locked down, planes on the ground and ships tied up.

Fcuk off Claire.

God love her. She’s only following her instructions from her ISAG overlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

BobMc wrote: »
    July 5th ? is that significant, does it really mean no more fines from the 5th ? rather than the 19th, due out 18th, 12 hours before end of supposed fine date !

We won't know for sure until the 5th/6th. Currently the gov website says it will be extended to the 19th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Fcuk off Claire.

CB has been insufferable throughout this whole thing. Not impartial whatsoever, cuts off guests who don't go along with her "agenda" and bigs up those that do. A truly terrible broadcaster at a time when we need the most scrutiny of the government and their "advisors".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mel123

Is there any website that shows what restrictions are in place in each country in europe? Want to go on holidays and will pick somewhere based on restrictions or lack of i should say.

Tazz T wrote: »
    We won't know for sure until the 5th/6th. Currently the gov website says it will be extended to the 19th.

You can bet your bottom dollar it will be extended to midnight on the 18th

mel123 wrote: »
    Is there any website that shows what restrictions are in place in each country in europe? Want to go on holidays and will pick somewhere based on restrictions or lack of i should say.

https://reopen.europa.eu/en

There's not a huge amount of difference across the board. It's mostly just small variances.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

bikeman1 wrote: »
    CB has been insufferable throughout this whole thing. Not impartial whatsoever, cuts off guests who don't go along with her "agenda" and bigs up those that do. A truly terrible broadcaster at a time when we need the most scrutiny of the government and their "advisors".

Of course she sticks to the Government mantra, she's being paid more for 5 mins "work" than someone on the highest rate of the PUP gets in a week, and it's driving up her viewing figures with 1000's stuck to their chairs at home lapping it all up... Same as the Indo, they luv to drive up the fear levels...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Jesus i wish we had that sort of level headed media here. Case numbers are now irrelevant to most developed nuanced nations because the virus is virtually harmless to the younger unvaccinated groups.

Meanwhile in backward Ireland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

You can bet your bottom dollar it will be extended to midnight on the 18th

They will be leaving it to the very last second to bring it in and then the system will crash and they will act all surprised and have to delay it another month or so. Oh and look the summer's over who'd ave tunk it huh???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,638 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

TefalBrain wrote: »
    Jesus i wish we had that sort of level headed media here. Case numbers are now irrelevant to most developed nuanced nations because the virus is virtually harmless to the younger unvaccinated groups.

Meanwhile in backward Ireland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Genuinely, if it wasn’t for the reopen eu website I would have assumed we are still green. I know my province though in the region is still at green levels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭bikeman1

pc7 wrote: »
    Think it was really clever to offer 18-30 year olds J&J, they know loads are planning to travel and this way the incentive of having a one and done with no need for PCR etc. will hopefully encourage take up.

Two of the younger lads in work have said that they will go for the J&J option for precisely that fact, in hope of getting away without hassle in August or September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Quags

bikeman1 wrote: »
    Two of the younger lads in work have said that they will go for the J&J option for precisely that fact, in hope of getting away without hassle in August or September.

Its a way of forcing the vaccine on people, get this and you can have some sort of freedom again but remember to come back to us in December for a booster otherwise your back with the tinfoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Fcuk off Claire.

She’s out trying to drum up emergency break talk, etc etc. Not surprised as an ISAG supporter. All her interviews should come with that disclaimer. She’s one of the least impartial presenters on radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,962 ✭✭✭✭josip

Genuinely, if it wasn’t for the reopen eu website I would have assumed we are still green. I know my province though in the region is still at green levels

Have you got Muchkin_utd on ignore? :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117561977&postcount=2833

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

I was reading today the German health minister has indicated Germany will drop quarantine measures against the UK and Portugal in the coming days as Delta is taking hold in Germany and making the measures pointless.

https://www.thelocal.de/20210701/germany-could-ease-travel-rules-for-uk-and-portugal-soon-says-health-minister/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,962 ✭✭✭✭josip

Wallander wrote: »
    I was reading today the German health minister has indicated Germany will drop quarantine measures against the UK and Portugal in the coming days as Delta is taking hold in Germany and making the measures pointless.

Scheisse. Where did you see that?
    Too late for us, we switched from UK landbridge to Cherbourg direct a week ago because of the German restrictions.

josip wrote: »

That’s where I got it!

• Advertisement

Quags wrote: »
    Its a way of forcing the vaccine on people, get this and you can have some sort of freedom again but remember to come back to us in December for a booster otherwise your back with the tinfoilers

Boost in December? I didn't think they knew they into yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

So let's lay the cards on the table

NPHET & ISAG plus their media pals will be out in force trying to close Ireland to travel while everywhere else is opening. They're not doing it to stop the 'Delta wave' - that's inevitable at this stage. It's just another tactic to damage our economy & society. How people cannot see this yet is beyond comprehension.

Our useless, spineless Government have two choices:

- Implement the EU Covid Cert as agreed to - thus saving a few hundred thousand jobs in the process, reuniting families apart (some for nearly 18 months, etc.), and giving out the message that although Ireland has turned insular with a Coup d'Etat having taken place in Government buildings + Dr Tony in charge - we will obey our European obligations and thus try and help our economy.

- Run from their responsibilities as the Government of Ireland and adopt NPHET's scandalous travel advice, which excludes nearly all young people plus children. Exactly what they're hoping for - another summer write off.

Germany has just abandoned quarantining U.K. travellers as they've acknowledged Delta is already there. Will Ireland follow suit?

Does Ireland want their airports, connectivity and aviation sector to recover? How do we fund the Government's tax income without this.

Are we in the EU or not - have Ireland the right to discriminate against its citizens as it's currently doing re €2k fine at airport now that the EU Covid Cert has gone live on July 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

After jumping through various hoops I got my Belgian Green Cert today (actually a cert for each dose) so can I use it to enter Ireland in advance of July 19?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

mmclo wrote: »
    After jumping through various hoops I got my Belgian Green Cert today (actually a cert for each dose) so can I use it to enter Ireland in advance of July 19?

You don't need it as long as you have a PCR.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭gral6

In Ireland they don't care about your green cert. It is like a toilet paper here. They want PCR and quarantine. Fly to Belfast, we are screwed here.

gral6 wrote: »
    In Ireland they don't care about your green cert. It is like a toilet paper here. They want PCR and quarantine. Fly to Belfast, we are screwed here.

Still legally required to have a PCR and quarantine as has been mentioned a dozen times.

It appears not, I hoped that we would recognise them but we havent

So let's lay the cards on the table

NPHET & ISAG plus their media pals will be out in force trying to close Ireland to travel while everywhere else is opening. They're not doing it to stop the 'Delta wave' - that's inevitable at this stage. It's just another tactic to damage our economy & society. How people cannot see this yet is beyond comprehension.

Our useless, spineless Government have two choices:

- Implement the EU Covid Cert as agreed to - thus saving a few hundred thousand jobs in the process, reuniting families apart (some for nearly 18 months, etc.), and giving out the message that although Ireland has turned insular with a Coup d'Etat having taken place in Government buildings + Dr Tony in charge - we will obey our European obligations and thus try and help our economy.

- Run from their responsibilities as the Government of Ireland and adopt NPHET's scandalous travel advice, which excludes nearly all young people plus children. Exactly what they're hoping for - another summer write off.

Germany has just abandoned quarantining U.K. travellers as they've acknowledged Delta is already there. Will Ireland follow suit?

Does Ireland want their airports, connectivity and aviation sector to recover? How do we fund the Government's tax income without this.

Are we in the EU or not - have Ireland the right to discriminate against its citizens as it's currently doing re €2k fine at airport now that the EU Covid Cert has gone live on July 1st.

In what way is it discimination? It applies to all persons equally and doesnt fall within any of the 9 discrimination grounds

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

have to wake him up first

Advertisement