Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Virgin 1 gig to Sky 1 gig

Options
  • 02-06-2021 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have the latest Virgin router in my converter attic on a 1 gig service line.

I have a CAT5 cable running from the Virgin router down the front of the house and into my sitting room on the gorund floor - running the high speed connnection to devices down there.

I find the Virgin signal and speed great but they are overcharging me (and have a land line attached I dont need)

Can I easily switch to the Sky hardware with 1 gig capacity?

Is the Sky BB service reliable/worth jumping to?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Anyone? Is the 1 gig sky line decent? I'm moving from virgin 1 gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭KildareP

Sky are known to skimp on backhaul out to the internet so speeds may drop considerably down from 1Gb at peak. You may not notice it unless you are heavy users or frequently need to download large files or like to run speedtests every hour!

Advertisement