If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi fi amp

Options
  • 02-06-2021 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi just checking out some of the amps you have for sale in the clearance section. The Cambridge CXA61 and CXA81 and the marantz pm8006. Are there many differences between the three? I have some Fyne F501's at the moment.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Rigante82 wrote: »
    Hi just checking out some of the amps you have for sale in the clearance section. The Cambridge CXA61 and CXA81 and the marantz pm8006. Are there many differences between the three? I have some Fyne F501's at the moment.

Thanks
    Hi Rigante82,

Thanks for the post!

I actually have a CXA81 myself and it would be my first choice for sound quality! The CXA81 has balanced inputs as well as 80 watts of power per channel. The left and right channels are also powered independently so the sound quality is stunning. I have mine paired with Bowers and Wilkins 604s but they sound great paired with the F501s as well.

The PM8006 is a great amp as well and while I prefer the sound of the Cambridge the Marantz does have a built in phono stage so you wouldn't need to add one to the system if you're using a turntable.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Rigante82

Thanks
    Hi Rigante82,

Thanks for the post!

I actually have a CXA81 myself and it would be my first choice for sound quality! The CXA81 has balanced inputs as well as 80 watts of power per channel. The left and right channels are also powered independently so the sound quality is stunning. I have mine paired with Bowers and Wilkins 604s but they sound great paired with the F501s as well.

The PM8006 is a great amp as well and while I prefer the sound of the Cambridge the Marantz does have a built in phono stage so you wouldn't need to add one to the system if you're using a turntable.

Kind regards

David
    The CXA81 does seem to be well reviewed but from looking online it mightn't be a good match for the Fyne's as both are described as pretty bright and not very warm. Would the Marantz be a better match? Also the plan for me would be to eventually have an AVR driving my surrounds,centre and heights (Marantz SR7015 maybe) combined with the CXA81 or Marantz PM8006 driving my front left and right for better 2 channel music. With this in mind would it be better to stick with the same brand throughout? 

Thanks
    Hi Rigante82,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    The CXA81 does seem to be well reviewed but from looking online it mightn't be a good match for the Fyne's as both are described as pretty bright and not very warm. Would the Marantz be a better match? Also the plan for me would be to eventually have an AVR driving my surrounds,centre and heights (Marantz SR7015 maybe) combined with the CXA81 or Marantz PM8006 driving my front left and right for better 2 channel music. With this in mind would it be better to stick with the same brand throughout? 
    Hi Rigante82,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I tried the CXA81 with the F501s in a demo and was very impressed with the sound but the Marantz would be a little warmer. It would also be a better match for tone if you are going to be adding it as a power amp for your home cinema system! For what you're looking to do the Marantz might be the better option for you!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Rigante82

Thanks
    Hi Rigante82,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hi Rigante82,

I tried the CXA81 with the F501s in a demo and was very impressed with the sound but the Marantz would be a little warmer. It would also be a better match for tone if you are going to be adding it as a power amp for your home cinema system! For what you're looking to do the Marantz might be the better option for you!

Kind regards

David

Yeah I had thought that keeping the same brand would be the way to go but the Cambridge CXA81 is pretty good value at the clearance price and the combined price of the PM8006 and SR 7015 is probably too high at the moment so I said I'd have a look at the Cambridge.

Thanks David

Thanks
    Hi Rigante82,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hi Rigante82,

Kind regards

David

Yeah I had thought that keeping the same brand would be the way to go but the Cambridge CXA81 is pretty good value at the clearance price and the combined price of the PM8006 and SR 7015 is probably too high at the moment so I said I'd have a look at the Cambridge.

Thanks David
    No problem at all Rigante82! Let me know if you have any other questions!

As I say I have a Cambridge myself and I love it!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.