Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2021 Round 6: Azerbaijan GP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

antodeco wrote: »
    Looks like they were VERY close to a car failure

Said as much in his interview there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

And to think that Perez was almost out of a seat near the end of last season. How things can change just like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Great to see the teams being so happy with the podium and not the usual polite round of applause when Hamilton and Bottas are up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Gutted for Max, Monaco and here was the 2 tracks RB were supposed to leave Mercedes for dust, so in terms of the championship they have missed a trick.

Delighted for Checo, he's doing exactly what he was brought there to do - a safe pair of hands to pick up the scraps.

Vettel also, things seem to be clicking for him after a miserable year unwanted and disrespected at Ferrari.

Gasly also deserved every bit of that. Thriving outside of that RB environment, looked strong all weekend and showed big balls in that final battle to come back at Le Clerc.

This track definitely throws up excitement whatever you might say about it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Fair play to Max for joining in the celebrations despite his bad luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Here Max pretend to drink this can of Red Bull while you have to wear a mask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭McFly85

2011 wrote: »
    Fair play to Max for joining in the celebrations despite his bad luck!

I would say he feels massive relief looking at the final standings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

On to France next zzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Bottas must be in danger of losing his seat mid season. Confidence must be shot and he has probably already been told his contract wont be renewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Feels kind of cruel zooming in on Max while the play the Mexican anthem for Checo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Lawlesz wrote: »
    Gutted for Max, Monaco and here was the 2 tracks RB were supposed to leave Mercedes for dust, so in terms of the championship they have missed a trick.

Drivers, yes, constructors not so much. Did Bottas salvage any points for Mercedes-Benz?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Lip Out

Wonder will Mercedes publicly suggest that Lewis needs to learn from his mistakes going forward. :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

namloc1980 wrote: »
    On to France next zzzzzzzzzzzzz

The should get Aquafesh to sponsor it due to the stripes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Exceptional day for Ferrari, finishing first, second and third!

E3NNM8eWYAgIqSL?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Faugheen wrote: »
    So making up lies about someone is fine but calling it out needs to be ‘given up’.

Got it.

Where did you call anyone out for lies? You came up with some passive aggressive tripe after some one asked if it was a Hamilton mistake. You were talking about him not hearing things properly because Lewis couldn't have admitted he was wrong. You were replying and arguing to a point that you imagined the other poster made because you're touchy over how the race ended for you.

It's getting ridiculous. You like Hamilton, we get it. But this one man mission you are on every single week to pull up every single post on this forum and defend him (regardless of whether he's being attacked) is painful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

flazio wrote: »
    Drivers, yes, constructors not so much. Did Bottas salvage any points for Mercedes-Benz?

Don’t think so and not sure why they were talking about fastest lap to him before the restart either. 54 points behind Lewis, woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Faugheen wrote: »
    So making up lies about someone is fine but calling it out needs to be ‘given up’.

Got it.

Nobody said anything about Hamilton in the whole thread, everyone was commenting the race incident.

Someone acknowledges Hamilton admits he made a mistake, nobody commented on it with any kind of remark. You took it upon yourself as usual with some stupid quip. Not to mention the numerous times you've lashed out at people telling them they have bull**** nonsense opinions.

Is there an ignore function on this message forum? Iv never had to even think to use it before so I'm not sure if there is one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭thefa

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Perez seems to be getting a lot of love from the Red Bull hierarchy

Must have been a rollercoaster of emotions for RB. Running a great race and then the Max crash. A 25 point swing in Hamilton’s favor v Max was potentially on the cards on that restart especially with the state the car appears to have been. Great assist in the Hamilton mistake.

Hijpo wrote: »
    Is there an ignore function on this message forum? Iv never had to even think to use it before so I'm not sure if there is one.

Yes, click on a username to the left and you have the option there I think. Better off just not responding rather than derail the thread even further imo. :)

You’d have to wonder if Bottas heart is in it anymore. He’s out of the running for the championship, and even when he does have a decent weekend something seems to go wrong for him. A change of team would be good for him.

• Advertisement

Interesting, Horner just said Perez missed his mark in the pit stop which cost him a few seconds that time. Great race otherwise from Perez with the pressure he was under from Lewis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

McFly85 wrote: »
    You’d have to wonder if Bottas heart is in it anymore. He’s out of the running for the championship, and even when he does have a decent weekend something seems to go wrong for him. A change of team would be good for him.

It's exactly what Seb needed too.

Don't think I ever heard a driver be interviewed from the car before :pac:

Vettel has proved me wrong. His driving and very clever strategy the last few races has given great results.

Don't think I ever heard a driver be interviewed from the car before :pac:

“How did you get my number?” :D

Cool_CM wrote: »
    It's exactly what Seb needed too.

Delighted for him too, he really looks to be enjoying himself this year! It’ll be tougher for Bottas though, knowing he won’t be in a car capable of winning the championship again.

Wish they would stop saying its Aston Martins best result. Its only on a technicality. They are still the same team as Racing Point in all but name.

I know the cars are complex machines with so many different settings but its mad theres a switch that essentially turns off the brakes that can be so easily switched on like that

The onboard of Lewis’s restart there - mad how his left hand is sitting up on top of the steering wheel.

Don't think Hamilton is telling the whole truth about hitting a button on the start when Perez pulled along side. Think he forgot to hit the button before the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

I know the cars are complex machines with so many different settings but its mad theres a switch that essentially turns off the brakes that can be so easily switched on like that

I thought it looked a bit weird with hamiltons hand positions on the steering wheel for the restart. I wonder if that is his usual hand positions for race starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Joeface

What a day. Hamiltons brakes gifting us a tight championship in the next race.
    Really unlucky for Max . Not a foot wrong in the race and that to happen. Nothing worst when in control comfortablly like that and to be robbed of it .

Good ,no excellent job this whole weekend form Perez he really found is feet in the Redbull this weekend. Glad he got his win. Pretty sure redbull will have the constructors championship this year . If Perez can keep this up .

Lewis to be fair had driven a great race , it is clear the Mercedes is no where near as good as the Redbull on this track but he hung with them all the way.

Vettel is really after finding his way , what a race from him. Aston must be in cloud nine( more to been in the Podium given how far way they were at the start of the season ). Pity Stroll had the tire failure but with out it Vettel would not be as high up . Big price to pay for the podium , Stroll looked as he was on to finish in the points.

Gasly really solid again in the Alpha Tauri . And great battle with Charles Leclecre to hold onto the podium .

Very happy with the podium finishers at the end . It is good the have the HamVerBot we were use to broken two weeks in a row .

I think Bottas has entered his Vettels last season at Ferrari mode . He seems to be lost and Mercedes seem to have real issue with getting performance out of the car.

Good weekend over all.
    More like this .

Andrew76 wrote: »
    The onboard of Lewis’s restart there - mad how his left hand is sitting up on top of the steering wheel.

This is for releasing the clutch. Hamilton said before that he gets a better feel for the clutch paddle from there.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

recyclebin wrote: »
    Don't think Hamilton is telling the whole truth about hitting a button on the start when Perez pulled along side. Think he forgot to hit the button before the start.

I think that's more the truth. Otherwise surely he would have hit it at least once before now.

Tippex wrote: »
    I thought it looked a bit weird with hamiltons hand positions on the steering wheel for the restart. I wonder if that is his usual hand positions for race starts.

Hand over the top ..yeah that's how he uses the clutch for starts. .think a few drivers do this

Of course you can’t call it a mistake when Lewis is involved :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Toto had no hesitation throwing Bottas under the bus in Monaco.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That's what Toto says too. It happened when Checo moved across and scared Lewis

Totto normally calls it like it is but saying it wasn’t a mistake but a “finger problem” is a bit of a stretch. Who’s finger was it…

Lewis made a mistake, no big deal, all drivers do. As another poster said above, he had driven brilliantly to still be hanging with the Red Bulls all race.

• Advertisement

Toto and Lewis have there stories straight anyway. I'd like to see the point where the the button gets pressed. Calling it the magic has me intrigued that Mercedes has some clever trick with the brakes that others don't have. Maybe something like McLarens third pedal from years gone by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Give it a rest everyone.

Did they say what happened Russells Williams , he didn't restart.

flazio wrote: »
    Give it a rest everyone.

Ah I was having a go at Toto, he had no problem sticking it to Bottas in Monaco.

Thought Hamilton was excellent today, but RB had both cars up there and pace through the middle sector, not much he could do. Seemed to be genuinely affected by the long wait for the restart.

Joeface wrote: »
    Did they say what happened Russells Williams , he didn't restart.

No not yet, not sure but he might have blocked the pits too as it was closed for the last lap.

Oh and my last question , how come Perez didn't make the car round to the pits after the race . Some how I missed that detail .

• Advertisement

Joeface wrote: »
    Oh and my last question , how come Perez didn't make the car round to the pits after the race . Some how I missed that detail .

Hydraulic issue Horner said. Lucky to finish the race apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

Burkie1203 wrote: »

I’ve been pretty miffed by all the hysterical Mazepin hate, but this is probably the point I give up caring. What a crazy twitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

I’ve been pretty miffed by all the hysterical Mazepin hate, but this is probably the point I give up caring. What a crazy twitch.

Learned from Verstappen

Verstappen used to do that late twitch not so long ago! Not sure why the Haas needed to swap positions crossing the line anyway. It wasnt going to prove anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement