Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction on 9/5

• 02-06-2021 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

I wish to dispute and challenge an infraction I’ve received.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Have you PMed the mod in question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Richard308

awec wrote: »
    Have you PMed the mod in question?

Yes, I got some info but unsure of specific process

Richard308 wrote: »
    Yes, I got some info but unsure of specific process

Post the PM conversation here, as well as the basis on which you wish to dispute your card.

Hi this is the notice. And the dms. The context of the conversation should be read in it’s entirety. I did not engage in abuse or petty name calling. It was an attempt at humour.

Is there any update here?

• Advertisement

You received an infraction for Personal Abuse. I see no reason for this to be overturned, given the post in question does appear to be a jibe another poster.

Infraction upheld.

awec wrote: »
    You received an infraction for Personal Abuse. I see no reason for this to be overturned, given the post in question does appear to be a jibe another poster.

Infraction upheld.

I wish to appeal your decision

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Posts deleted

You have posted about your latest complain in your Help Desk thread. That is where such complaints belong, not here

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Apologies for the delay in dealing with this appeal. I know I've been busy with a few real life issues. If no-one gets to it today I'll try and look over the weekend

Beasty wrote: »
    Apologies for the delay in dealing with this appeal. I know I've been busy with a few real life issues. If no-one gets to it today I'll try and look over the weekend

Thanks Beasty I hope nothing too serious. People tend to forget we know nothing what goes on in people’s real life’s from here. 🀞

• Advertisement

The message from the mod when issuing the card was

"Told you earlier to play the ball, not the man"

Your post was directly responding to another poster:
    This remind anyone of anything.

https://youtu.be/REWeBzGuzCc

That was most definitely uncivil. The mod considered it abusive. TBH the difference is fairly academic as both are worthy of a similar sanction. Was a red appropriate? Given the mod had already warned you to "play the ball, not the man" I consider a red appropriate

Card upheld

Advertisement