Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spending 600 on a drone... Please help!

Options
  • 02-06-2021 6:47pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking at spending maybe €600 on a drone.
    I've enjoyed the 3DR Solo but I'm going to move over to a Mavic drone.
    I can pick up a Mavic Pro Platinum or the Mavic Pro on Adverts, they look pretty amazing.
    But any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

DJI Mavics are very good choice mate just check for flight times and batteries condition as they're not cheap (100 or so) plus for any crash damages. Valid DJI care Refresh would be a bonus but if not, you can always insure it with coverdrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

With that ballpark money why not the MINI 2?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

listermint wrote: »
    With that ballpark money why not the MINI 2?

I want something more resistant to wind.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Feck it,
    I'm going for the Mini 2.
    Read a couple of reviews and it seems like a great drone for the money

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Feck it,
    I'm going for the Mini 2.
    Read a couple of reviews and it seems like a great drone for the money

isnt bad but lack of sensors (plus a few other things) is a no-no for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Wottle

I've also been looking at the mini 2 but is there anything between €500 - €800 that has active tracking, looking for STH that'll follow me on trails when I run.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

If you're talking about anywhere with trees, you're out of luck. 'Active tracking' is designed for open areas only. Once the drone loses sight or there are poor lighting conditions - it won't work.

Advertisement