Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kolrus - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

Kolido wrote: »
    In 14th place with 6 points is
    Shane

David Morales feat. Juliet Roberts - Needin' U

Heard the artist: Yes
    Heard the song: Yes

My rating: ★★★☆☆

Review

Okay, I do remember this song, but not the version nominated. I didn’t like that one so I found the version I remembered without all the unnecessary signing. Reminds me of the Island club scene rather than my local town. This was on all the compilation albums. Nice music, dancey but chilled out at the same time. Always found the video kind of funny, David looks like a real cool dude. I had initially rated this a 2 stars but going to give it 3. Like it more after a few more listens.

Can't ever listen to this track without thinking of the You Tube 2 builders in a van naughty remix.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

In 13th place with 7 points is
    Ari

Billie Rae Martin - Your Loving Arms

Review

Nice music and nice vocals, though I think the vocals are over done in the sense that I would rather just hear the music at times. Maybe a song that would help with a bit of mixing or even an acoustic version might be nice. It is just average all around for me, more background music really.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Getting Paint flashbacks...

qPfJYhA.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Did I break the thread :o

In 12th place with 8 points is
    Homer

Tori Amos - Professional Widow (Armand's Star Trunk Funkin' Mix)

Review

I had never heard the original version of this song before so I went to check it out. It is pretty terrible to be honest. Totally different genre so maybe that's why I didn’t like it. This remix is pretty good though. I remember liking it back in the day. I wouldn’t say it has aged well for me though. It is good but it wouldn't be on my playlist. If I hear, fine. Does fit this category very well, did really well in the charts and was kind of overplayed. A decent pick but there are much better.

• Advertisement

In 11th place with 9 points is
    Stu

Chicane - Saltwater

Review

This one reminds me of all those Ibiza compilation albums. Gatecrashers and the likes. Never knew until now what that song sample was, it is from a Clannad song. Works really well. Don’t really have much nostalgia attached to this one pre se apart from all the albums it appeared on and we used to play when getting ready to go clubbing or playing fifa on the playstation! It more reminds me of party islands, not that I ever travelled to any. This band had a hit with Bryan Adams also if memory serves me right which was a commercial hit. Decent song and probably deserves to be higher than it is.

In 10th place with 10 points is
    Beaker

Five - If Ya Getting Down

Review

A blast from the past. Five were awesome. This is not my favourite song from them but it is a real threat. Kind of dismissed it when I saw it nominated but you got me on a better day when reviewing this and it has moved up a bit. It is a fun track, find me someone who doesn’t like this! There are better songs in this category but this could be the most fun song. Rap and dance done how it should be. I do remember this one when it was in the charts, I can’t remember it played in the clubs much. Though Westlife were played so it probably was. A decent pick, never expected this one, well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

At this stage, the only thing I can hope for is a few points for nostalgia :o

In 9th place with 11 points is
    Purple

Whigfield - Saturday Night

Review

Yikes...I wasn’t expecting this song, or was I? There are a lot of trolls here! Nah, what's not to like with this one. Nice beat, duck quacking, and Whigfields voice. I’m sure I have danced to this song, we all did silly things when we were young. This seems to be everywhere on FG at the moment of writing this review. Saturday night indeed. Good pick but I think you were having a laugh also.

find me someone who doesn’t like this!

:D:cool:

• Advertisement

In 8th place with 12 points is
    HillBilly

DB Boulevard - Point Of View

Review

Yeah I like this one. I thought this was much older than it is. Not a song I see myself dancing to but rather relaxing to. Love the music and nice vocals. I always think it is Geri Halliwwell singing this, it really sounds like her. Always found the music video kind of interesting also. I give this a 3 start but could have easily been 4. Good pick, I like this one.

Did you know?
    Only female ducks quack?
    The males, drakes, tend to hiss.
    Yes, I have ducks as well as goats...
    giphy.gif

In 7th place with 13 points is
    Liz

La Bouche - Be My Lover

Review

Haha...great. La da da dee da da da da love this part. Great beat. That lady can sign. This song has a great tempo to dance to. I do remember it but I wouldn’t say I have any nostalgia attached to it. There is a male singing part that I’d forgotten about, it is kinda cringy. I did a little research on this song and I read it was used in A Night at the Roxbury. What a fun movie that was and that is possibly where I first heard this song. Having it on repeat for this review it is kinda getting overplayed so I will stop it now before I start to dislike it. Great pick.

Not a song I see myself dancing to but rather relaxing to.

When you get to my age you too will be "dancing" to this ;)

(I think I must be in the wrong reveal thread...Top 10...WTF? )

How can you like La da da dee da da da da but not na na na na ? :D

How can you like La da da dee da da da da but not na na na na ? :D

This probably does help the na na nas... :D

In 6th place with 13 points is
    Sawduck

ATB - Till I Come

Review

Another track I’m very familiar with. This song was very popular and you would hear it everywhere. ATB had a few songs which sounded very similar. Not a bad thing as they sound pretty good. I think I’m rating this more on nostalgia, would I listen to this much today? Not really. Great pick though for this category.

In 5th place with 15 points is
    Sinead

Tomcraft - Loneliness

My rating: ★★★★☆

Review

Another great hit. Really loved this one back in the day and still do. It has aged really well. Cracking music and loving the vocals. There is a great little piano piece half ways through it I had totally forgotten about. This, as with a lot of dance hits, have had many remixes so not sure which version everyone remembers or likes better. I for sure would have hit the dance floor to this one. Really great tempo. Yep, great choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think I repeat entry with La Bouche

Your top and bottom 3
    Barna
    Bubbly
    CeeJay
    EN
    Necro
    Seph
    Shelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

In 5th place with 15 points is
    Sinead

Tomcraft - Loneliness

woohoo!! :)

was worrying there for a minute.

delighted with that score. and boy do I need the points :D

Great category to do the reveal for on Saturday night Kolido. Well played!

tenor.gif?itemid=3625953

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Necro wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=3625953

I'll race ya to the bottom :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I'll race ya to the bottom :pac:
    I think you'll find that spot is taken for this whole competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In 15th place with 5 points is Aris

Gala - Free From Desire

Review

I’m mixed on this one. Used to like it but in recent years I’ve grown to dislike it. The rating reflects my nostalgia for it. I think it is the vocals I dislike. I can’t understand the words she is singing sometimes (no disrespect to Italian folk), Then there is the na.na.na. part, nope I just don’t like it. Musically it is fine in some parts, I really like some of the sounds. I just can’t listen to this song anymore and like it. Not a good pick sorry.

My love has got no money, he's got his trampoline
    My love has got no power, he's got his trampoline

These are the lyrics I thought for ages :o

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

If those were the lyrics, it might have jumped up the table!

In 17th place with 3 points is
    EN

Kosheen - Empty Skies

Heard the song: No

My rating: ★★☆☆☆

Review

Not my style if I’m being honest. Trip hop sounding with electronic. Never heard this song before. It just sound a bit all over the place. I think if it was slowed down it would be nicer. The beat is fine but there are just too many sounds here I can’t enjoy it. But that again is probably the genre, I’m not used to it. The vocals are quite decent. On a different day I might like this better. A 2 star is probably about right, not terrible by any means but just not for me.

In 3rd place with 16 points is
    Barna, Bubbly

Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy Hey Girl

My rating: ★★★★☆

Review

The Chemical Brothers are a bit hit and miss for me. Did you pick good a one here? Yes you did. What a great song this is. Always liked this one and remember it back in the day. Really dramatic music, what are those sounds? I just love them. Dancefloor used to be mobbed when the DJ spun this hit. Lyrics are limited but it is all about the music here. Great video also for this one. TCB released a few good hits around this time, but I haven't heard much from them lately if they are still making music. Brilliant pick

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

You mean those aren't the lyrics?????????????? :eek:

Advertisement