Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kolrus - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I was wrong!
    And it hasn't come up yet... :o

Mind you, it's a song I love so Kol would have it bottom three :D
    Kolido wrote: »
    In 3rd place with 16 points is
    Stu

The Knife - Heartbeats

There it is :D

Good man Stu, great tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I did not know even some of those were covers :o

In 3rd place with 16 points is
    Stu

The Knife - Heartbeats

Review

Well there appears to be a lot of covers of this song with Jose Gonsalez being the most well known. I have listened to a few of them and they are all slowed down acoustic versions. This version however is my favourite. I just love the music here. Haunting electro sound with an equally brilliant vocal. Yes everything about this sound is oozing class. This is by far the only song in the whole game which I wasn’t familiar with but I knew would do well from just hearing the first 5 seconds of it. I love this song and version, brilliant pick

Wow, that's unreal praise.

Imagine if I wrote and performed it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

In 2nd place with 17 points is
    Seph

David Bowie - Man who sold the world

Heard the artist: Yes
    Heard the song: Yes

My rating: ★★★★★

Review

Brilliant, what a song. To be honest, I wasn’t overly familiar with this one until it won the cover version last year. I’d have to say this Bowie version is superior. Everything about it is class, the vocals, lyrics, music, arrangement. Just a brilliant song presented brilliantly. Did I say it’s brilliant? Love Bowie's voice and the bassline and drums. Then there is that little guitar riff and of course the lyrics. Very haunting at times. I wouldn’t know many Bowie songs, I’m not really a fan but this has peaked my interest in checking out more of his stuff. This is easily the best song in this round, if it doesn’t win it is only because of a personal favourite, I don’t know at the time of writing this. Exceptional pick.

In 19th place with 1 points is
    Necro

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt

Heard the song: No

My rating: ★☆☆☆☆

Review

Don’t like the song, simple as that. Maybe my dislike for it stems from the Cash cover which is fiercely overrated and I don’t like Cash’s music. There, I said it. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m sure it is a good song and I’ve tried to like it but I just can’t. I can only rate it from my pov. No point in me even talking about the song itself. If someone likes it, please review it here for the rest of us. Terrible choice for me but you weren’t to know so unfortunate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In 18th place with 2 points is
    HillBilly

Gloria Jones - Tainted Love

Review

Going to just say it, don’t like this song at all and not just this version. It is vastly overrated. The soft Cell version is probably the best version imo. The Marylin Manson version is terrible and let’s not even mention Imelda May, ops… sorry I just did. Again, I’m going to be in the minority here as I think a lot here are fans of this song. Terrible song and terrible pick, sorry.

giphy.gif

Necro

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt

Don’t like the song, simple as that. Maybe my dislike for it stems from the Cash cover which is fiercely overrated and I don’t like Cash’s music. There, I said it. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m sure it is a good song and I’ve tried to like it but I just can’t. I can only rate it from my pov. No point in me even talking about the song itself. If someone likes it, please review it here for the rest of us. Terrible choice for me but you weren’t to know so unfortunate.

That's a severe pick Necro, my winner right there. I didn't even think about it when submitting my entry and I love both the original and Cash's version.

Necro

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt

Review

giphy.gif

You were right Kol, this round has been controversial. ***Shakes head in disappointment***

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

giphy.gif

In 1st place with 18 points is
    CeeJay

Robyn - Dancing on my Own

Review

Brilliant. Forget the other version, this is where it’s at. Love the sound in this and the lyrics and Robyn’s voice. Everything about this song is brilliant, very passionate vocals. I have been listening to this on repeat since hearing it. Hearing new little sounds every time. Excellent pick, possibly the best of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Like I like a good Necro bashing, its great craic alltogether, but how can you rate him last with that awesome track.

Its like a bizarro world Walrus.... I wanna come last now.

Im happy with my submission but even I think Necro should place in the top 3 and not dead last.

Blasphemy I say

Necro wrote: »
    giphy.gif

That's the biggest travesty I've witnessed in my entire Walrus career, all 3 games of it.

I'll give you a bell Necro and we'll decide what way to handle this.

Shít's gone mental in here tonight folks.

CeeJay and Seph take a little bit of a lead at the top while EN seems to have just stalled completely.

Thanks for following, until next time, I'm out of here..

ImpishHonoredGuineafowl-size_restricted.gif

Player|R1|R2|R3|R4|R5|R6|R7|R8|Total
    CeeJay|14|5|14|18|18||||69
    Seph|13|18|16|2|17||||66
    Barna 77|16|8|10|16|11||||61
    LeVar|19|16|8|4|14||||61
    Stu|12|15|9|9|16||||61
    Bubblypop|18|9|2|16|15||||60
    Ari|17|19|4|7|8||||55
    Shelly|15|2|17|17|4||||55
    SawDuck|1|12|12|14|12||||51
    Sinead|4|6|17|15|9||||51
    Shane|11|17|13|6|3||||50
    Homer|10|10|5|8|13||||46
    Purple|6|14|7|11|5||||43
    Liz|9|7|3|13|10||||42
    Beaker|2|11|11|10|6||||40
    Aris|8|3|14|5|7||||37
    HillBilly4|3|13|6|12|2||||36
    Necro|7|4|15|1|1||||28
    EN|5|1|1|3|4||||14

Player | Song | Position | Points
    Ceejay | Robyn - Dancing on my Own | 1st | 18
    Seph | David Bowie - Man who sold the world | 2nd | 17
    Stu | The Knife - Heartbeats | 3rd | 16
    Bubbly | The Waterboys - how long will i love you | 4th | 15
    LeVar | Tommy James & The Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now | 5th | 14
    Homer | Raf - Self Control | 6th | 13
    Sawduck | The Arrows - I Love Rock 'n' Roll | 7th | 12
    Barna | P.P. Arnold - The First Cut Is The Deepest | 8th | 11
    Liz | Dolly Parton - I will always Love You | 9th | 10
    Sinead | Disturbed - Down with sickness | 10th | 9
    Ari | Steve Winwood - Valerie | 11th | 8
    Aris | Aerosmith - Walk This Way | 12th | 7
    Beaker | Prince - Nothing compares to you | 13th | 6
    Purple | Peter La Farge - Ballad of Ira Hayes | 14th | 5
    EN, Shelly | Ednaswap - Torn | 15th | 4
    Shane | Stevie Wonder - Pastime Paradise | 17th | 3
    Hillbilly | Gloria Jones - Tainted Love | 18th | 2
    Necro | Nine Inch Nails - Hur | 19th | 1

That said, thats a banger of a winner. That dope Sam Smith ruined it. A deserving winner. All is forgiven Kolido

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

In 1st place with 18 points is
    CeeJay

Robyn - Dancing on my Own

Review

Brilliant. Forget the other version, this is where it’s at. Love the sound in this and the lyrics and Robyn’s voice. Everything about this song is brilliant, very passionate vocals. I have been listening to this on repeat since hearing it. Hearing new little sounds every time. Excellent pick, possibly the best of the game.

Wow was not expecting this given Bowie and The Knife are excellent picks.
    My mission in life is to spread the Robyn love. The cover of this is a travesty in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

Necro

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt

Review

Well, I for one love this song.

Ooof, is it too late to add that Robyn song into your overrated tournament Kol?

Seems to get a lot of love around Forum Games, but I don't get it.

Actually are you sure you didn't mix up first and last place? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In 14th place with 5 points is
    Purple

Peter La Farge - Ballad of Ira Hayes

Heard the artist: No

My rating: ★★☆☆☆

Review

Nominating a folk song to my walrus, what were you thinking. Never heard this song before and I’m not surprised. I read that Johnny Cash covered it, but I'm not a fan of his. I mean, I kept listening to this and I started to find myself liking it and at that point I knew I had to stop. It is not so much the song though, I just don’t like this genre of music. That song is actually okay so I have not given it the worst rating. Nope, you got it all wrong here unfortunately.

Sounds to me like somebody is a closet Folkie.
    Don't fight it, Koliflower :D

Well done to CeeJay, great pick. No bullshít and no regrets, but I was either submitting The Knife or Robyn.

Sorry Ceejay, but I'm still besides meself here with the Hurt controversy.

7jlIdD9.jpg

Ooof, is it too late to add that Robyn song into your overrated tournament Kol?

Seems to get a lot of love around Forum Games, but I don't get it.

Actually are you sure you didn't mix up first and last place? ;)

It rightly gets the love it didnt get when released.

• Advertisement

Well done to CeeJay, great pick. No bullshít and no regrets, but I was either submitting The Knife or Robyn.

Sorry Ceejay, but I'm still besides meself here with the Hurt controversy.

7jlIdD9.jpg

I vote Kolido out.

Clearly a confusion sewing wolf.

Stu and their takes make him village all day.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    That said, thats a banger of a winner. That dope Sam Smith ruined it. A deserving winner. All is forgiven Kolido

Much of a muchness, but it was Calum Scott.

I actually like that cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

I have no idea what rounds are left but I'm gonna fight you for that wooden spoon Necro and EN!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

:eek: Dear God!

The angry mob have arrived at Koli Towers..

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fls4p6mWzR0G9dRpwqm%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1
    :pac::pac:

I have no idea what rounds are left but I'm gonna fight you for that wooden spoon Necro and EN!

Whoever wins last spot is the true winner in my eyes.

First the Supersonic Westlife fiasco, now HurtGate.... whats next Kolido.....

It rightly gets the love it didnt get when released.

giphy.gif

Look it's not Creedance Clearwater Revival levels of bad, in fairness to it I could probably class it as a "meh" song if it wasn't put on such a pedestal around here, but the love it gets makes me dislike it more and more.

I vote Kolido out.

Clearly a confusion sewing wolf.

Stu and their takes make him village all day.

I don't want to get a wagon going here but tbh...Kol got it going himself didn't he? My first inkling was when he took the sword to Simple Man in an earlier round, but now with Hurtgate I have no doubt. He wolf.

I'll throw up my reads list in a while, but catch a wolf kill a wolf, Kol has to go.

(I'm using 'he' but my sincerest apologies to Kol if it should be 'she':o)

giphy.gif

Look it's not Creedance Clearwater Revival levels of bad, in fairness to it I could probably class it as a "meh" song if it wasn't put on such a pedestal around here, but the love it gets makes me dislike it more and more.

This conversation makes me dislike you more and more.

I cant believe I shared a backroom with you.

• Advertisement

Kolido gone quiet now, no doubt conferring with his hairy fellowship in their wolf backroom.

Advertisement