Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kolrus - The Reveal

Options

Comments

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Have we not lynched Kolido yet? Sheez.... pile on

I think this drama could require you to dust off the old Almanac, we need all the help we can get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think this drama could require you to dust off the old Almanac, we need all the help we can get here.

Its mad but the Almanac says Oasis is superior to Westlife.

Not my words Stu, its all there in the almanac.

I think we need a Vig to take out Kolido.

Kolido wrote: »
    I went back to the future and ended up in Homer thread, he is providing me with a safe haven. :pac:

I didn't want to be rude and do shameless plugs during your Reveal, but since you've brought it up :D :

New Walrus sign up

I cannot guarantee it will have the same level of drama as this one. But I can't guarantee that it won't! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its mad but the Almanac says Oasis is superior to Westlife.

Not my words Stu, its all there in the almanac.

I think we need a Vig to take out Kolido.

Salt. Wound.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Mad thing is, I was modding that game and came up with the Almanac idea, I never thought it come back to haunt me :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Mad thing is, I was modding that game and came up with the Almanac idea, I never thought it come back to haunt me :eek:

Its a never ending Almanac.

I do enjoy how its still brought up to this day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Another round tonight folks?

782578789c60ff95c9f9db701dfac609.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

What are the odds that Nitty comes top in the Bon Jovi category where there are no points to be won? ;)

Another round tonight folks?
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.gifer.com%2F6V9V.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

What are the odds that Nitty comes top in the Bon Jovi category where there are no points to be won? ;)
    Pretty low, given I was constrained by trying to pick female singers for every round :D

• Advertisement

The Bon Jovi round was updated to full status and points will be given. This was announced some time ago. It will be the penultimate reveal with hair metal going last.

Female Voice

Songs which would have done well in this category

Whitney Houston - One Moment In Time

Leona Lewis - Better In Time

Dina Carroll - Don't Be A Stranger

Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬 - 𝐁𝐞 𝐌𝐲 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲

Looking at my choice, then seeing Whitney Houston, Leona Lewis, Dina Carroll, Kate Bush, The Ronettes...

Laughing-then-stops-laugh-GIF.gif

I don't expect any controversy tonight, I think we will all be in agreement with this ranking. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't expect any controversy tonight, I think we will all be in agreement with this ranking. :D

f24406967deb77477ee9777c81308679.gif

This is my singer, you wouldn't hurt her feelings...

de4f50f8ebd8770c43fe0e477b36e4a22512727b.gifv

...would you?!

*Holsters six shooter but remains poised to draw*

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

giphy.gif

Necro wrote: »
    f24406967deb77477ee9777c81308679.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, as we can all see, Necro has by now completed the metamorphosis to Gordon Ramsey.

Hosts a Hells Kitchen themed Werewolf just to be able to hurl abuse at fellow Boardsies without reprimand...you're a bit of a genius. ;)

• Advertisement

In 16th place with 4 points is
    Bubbly

Janelle Monae - Cold War

Heard the artist: No
    Heard the song: No

My rating: ★★★☆☆

Review

This one sounds familiar but I can't say I know it. Kind of a mixed genre, I like the beat and the solo is quite good. That's however where the good things end. I wouldn’t say it is anywhere near as good as the majority of the songs in this round, in fact the more I listen to it the more I dislike it. I do, however, like Janelle’s voice. I would like to listen to more of this singer, I hope she has better songs. An average pick at best but something new for me so thanks.

Wreck the gaff lads!!!!!!

He's at it again!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

In 16th place with 4 points is
    Bubbly

Janelle Monae - Cold War

Review

This one sounds familiar but I can't say I know it. Kind of a mixed genre, I like the beat and the solo is quite good. That's however where the good things end. I wouldn’t say it is anywhere near as good as the majority of the songs in this round, in fact the more I listen to it the more I dislike it. I do, however, like Janelle’s voice. I would like to listen to more of this singer, I hope she has better songs. An average pick at best but something new for me so thanks.

New artist on me too. Like this a lot!

In 15th place with 5 points is
    Barna

Peggy Lee - Fever

Heard the artist: Yes
    Heard the song: Yes

Review

Yes it’s Jazz, I did ask for it. I don’t really like this song though. Peggy has a wonderful voice and I could listen to more of it but not singing this song. I do like the music arrangement here, pretty much a bass with a little drums. If I have anything positive to say about this song is that this is probably the best version of it though I’ve never listened to the original R&B recording which has different lyrics I believe. I can see what you were thinking with this pick and any other Peggy Lee song may have very well scored higher but unlucky here.

The Bon Jovi round was updated to full status and points will be given. This was announced some time ago. It will be the penultimate reveal with hair metal going last.
    Ah nuts! I only chose my pick for it because there were no points going.
    Take heart Nitty, that is one cat you won't finish last in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I thought we weren't expecting controversy tonight? :eek:

;):p

Ah nuts! I only chose my pick for it because there were no points going.
    Take heart Nitty, that is one cat you won't finish last in :o
    tenor.gif

In 14th place with 6 points is
    Ari

Tina Turner - Private Dancer

Heard the song: Yes

Review

I do like some of Tina’s work, this one is average though. I can listen to it but I wouldn’t have it on my playlist. Vocally, it’s Tina which means it is decent. Song arrangement, it’s okay at best, I do like the jazzy sounds it has at times. Tina has much better songs which would have done a lot better here. Not a great pick unfortunately.

PS. It did slightly improve after a few listens, I may have been harsh on it initially

In 13th place with 7 points is
    Seph

Scheer - Demon

Review

Don’t know how I’ve never heard of these guys before, they are from a neighboring county. Great sound, remind me a bit of The Cranberries vocally. This song kind of changes tone multiple times, with a nice guitar sound. That riff at the beginning sounds good, then the drum beat works really well. I prefer more positive songs lyrically, this seems a bit dark which is the only negative I would have to say about it. A lot of positives, but with so many songs on a par in this round, this one fell down the rankings a bit. Good choice.

• Advertisement

In 12th place with 8 points is
    Shelly

Delain - Frozen

Review

Wouldn’t be walrus without some symphonic metal. I’m sure I heard this one before on Boards. At least I’m sure I heard the band. I do like a bit of this genre though it is not one I listen to much. I tend to find they all sound alike to me, I do love the music here. I think the vocals are a bit weak. A decent effort though I think it would need to be an exceptional track from this genre to do well here.

Advertisement