Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kolrus - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

In 11th place with 9 points is
    Beaker

Evanescence - My last breath

Heard the artist: Yes
    Heard the song: No

My rating: ★★★★☆

Review

I probably have heard this song before as I’m sure I’ve listened to Fallen at least once. In fact I recently picked it up on vinyl though I haven’t played it yet. I do like Evanescence and I could listen to Amy Lee’s voice all day. Saying that, I’m only familiar with their more mainstream songs so it was nice to hear one that you don’t hear too often. There might be more Evanescence later in the game. Great vocals and music, might be a bit generic in arrangement if there was anything negative about it. But yeah, this band will always do well with me, nice pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Kolido wrote: »
    In 13th place with 7 points is
    Seph

Scheer - Demon

Heard the artist: No

My rating: ★★★☆☆

Review

Don’t know how I’ve never heard of these guys before, they are from a neighboring county. Great sound, remind me a bit of The Cranberries vocally. This song kind of changes tone multiple times, with a nice guitar sound. That riff at the beginning sounds good, then the drum beat works really well. I prefer more positive songs lyrically, this seems a bit dark which is the only negative I would have to say about it. A lot of positives, but with so many songs on a par in this round, this one fell down the rankings a bit. Good choice.

Nice 90s alt-rock type vibe to this :cool:

In 10th place with 10 points is
    Aris

Alice Merton - 2 Kids

Review

Nice song, never heard this before. Catchy tune. I really do like her voice. Great music and lyrics, I see this was never released as a single, surprised it hasn’t, think it would have done really well. Going to listen to some more Alice, going by this song, she has a great sound. Excellent pick.

In 9th place with 11 points is
    Sawduck

Blondie - Maria

Heard the song: Yes

Review

Well a lot of people will say this is a terrible Blondie song, nothing compared to their original style. It did quite well in the charts I believe. I really like this song, it has a great beat and is very catchy. Don’t care much for Debbie’s voice though. This song reminds me of a girl I was courting back in the day. Met her in a club and her name was Marie but I kept calling her Maria. She kept scolding me saying my name is Marie, I’m not the girl Blondie is singing about. So yeah, great memories of this song and still a great listen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nice 90s alt-rock type vibe to this :cool:
    In 13th place with 7 points is
    Seph

Scheer - Demon

Review

Don’t know how I’ve never heard of these guys before, they are from a neighboring county. Great sound, remind me a bit of The Cranberries vocally. This song kind of changes tone multiple times, with a nice guitar sound. That riff at the beginning sounds good, then the drum beat works really well. I prefer more positive songs lyrically, this seems a bit dark which is the only negative I would have to say about it. A lot of positives, but with so many songs on a par in this round, this one fell down the rankings a bit. Good choice.

A really great band I only discovered by chance a few years ago, they should have went places but didn't unfortunately, I think the bass player and drummer played/ are playing in the frames.

• Advertisement

In 11th place with 9 points is
    Beaker

Evanescence - My last breath

Review

I probably have heard this song before as I’m sure I’ve listened to Fallen at least once. In fact I recently picked it up on vinyl though I haven’t played it yet. I do like Evanescence and I could listen to Amy Lee’s voice all day. Saying that, I’m only familiar with their more mainstream songs so it was nice to hear one that you don’t hear too often. There might be more Evanescence later in the game. Great vocals and music, might be a bit generic in arrangement if there was anything negative about it. But yeah, this band will always do well with me, nice pick.

I'm opening the betting for Amy Lee winning this, My Immortal. PM me for odds and to place bets, Revolut only.

In 8th place with 12 points is
    Stu

Heart - Alone

Review

Great song, great voice. Does it really belong in this category, well it qualifies but I wouldn’t have picked it myself. Saying all that, I can’t not rate it high. If anyone has not heard the original version of this by i-ten they should listen to it. This heart version really does rock it up a notch and they had the production behind it but the original version is really good too. I’m a big fan of Heart, especially their mid 80s revival, so this was always going to score well. Great pick.

In 7th place with 13 points is
    Homer

Melody Gardot - Worrisome Heart

Review

Yes, finally some jazz. Love this sound, it is very smooth. Great vocals. Don’t know much about this genre but I did say I would like to hear more so great observation. I could see myself relaxing in a club post covid with the missus listening to this. This is a more contemporary jazz sound I believe. I see the artist has quite an interesting backstory if anyone cares to read up on it. I hope there is better jazz music out there and I’m sure there is, but this was a great pick, thank you.

In 6th place with 14 points is
    HillBilly

Patti Smith Group - Because the Night

Review

Let me start by saying a great song. The open piano piece, love it. I remember hearing the dance remix of this many years ago, it may have been the first time I heard this song. A great arrangement, great work whoever produced this recording by Patti Smith. Love the lyrics, love the drums. I can’t not give this a high rating even if it is overplayed. The only thing I can say negatively about this song is I’m not completely gone on Patti’s voice. It works great here though I’m not sure how much of her I could listen too. Taking nothing away from this though, a great choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

In 7th place with 13 points is
    Homer

Melody Gardot - Worrisome Heart

Review

Yes, finally some jazz. Love this sound, it is very smooth. Great vocals. Don’t know much about this genre but I did say I would like to hear more so great observation. I could see myself relaxing in a club post covid with the missus listening to this. This is a more contemporary jazz sound I believe. I see the artist has quite an interesting backstory if anyone cares to read up on it. I hope there is better jazz music out there and I’m sure there is, but this was a great pick, thank you.

This is pretty awesome. Another new artist to check out, thanks Homer.

• Advertisement

In 6th place with 14 points is
    HillBilly

Patti Smith Group - Because the Night

Review

Let me start by saying a great song. The open piano piece, love it. I remember hearing the dance remix of this many years ago, it may have been the first time I heard this song. A great arrangement, great work whoever produced this recording by Patti Smith. Love the lyrics, love the drums. I can’t not give this a high rating even if it is overplayed. The only thing I can say negatively about this song is I’m not completely gone on Patti’s voice. It works great here though I’m not sure how much of her I could listen too. Taking nothing away from this though, a great choice.

Well f**k me :pac::pac::D

In 5th place with 15 points is
    CeeJay

Dodie - Monster

Review

Something weird and wonderful about this song. I’m not sure where I heard it before. Great vocals, I love her voice. There is some story in the lyrics, I don’t really want to dissect them, I’m just going to love the sound. Dodie is not a well known artist from what I gather so maybe a new song for most of you. Will check out some more of her music.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I have no idea what rounds are left but I'm gonna fight you for that wooden spoon Necro and EN!
    Well f**k me :pac::pac::D

Traitor! :D

In 4th place with 16 points is
    Liz

Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes

Review

Yep, great sound. The Breakaway album was really good. Very catchy pop rock. Typical arrangement that works every time and a great chorus. I hadn’t heard this for quite some time, remember I had this on a playlist along with a few other songs from that album. She has a great voice, though I haven't listened to her in ages so don’t know what she sounds like now. Kinda of an Avril sound back then, works for me, great pick.

Top and bottom 3
    EN
    LeVar
    Necro
    Purple
    Shane
    Sinead

Traitor! :D

I'm wondering who this Kolido is and what have they done with the real one? :confused:

I'm wondering who this Kolido is and what have they done with the real one? :confused:

The real Kolido is here, just moment.....

In 17th place with 3 points is
    EN

The Pretty Reckless - And So It Went

Review

This is grunge which I’m not really into. It does remind me though a bit like Guns ‘n Roses at times so it’s not all bad. I do like the music here but I don’t really like the song especially the chorus. Nice guitar solo. Not a fan of the singer’s voice either. Never heard this band before, this is a new record by them. I can’t see me digging up their previous albums, don’t like the girl’s voice, a former actress apparently. I give it an average rating as musically I like the song. Not a great pick unfortunately, unlucky.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Top and bottom 3
    EN
    LeVar
    Necro
    Purple
    Shane
    Sinead

EN!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=15965620

b83834814507531ad79a783bdd991b363757a52d.gifv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The song I sent is amazing, probably dead last in this

In 3rd place with 17 points is
    LeVar

Bananarama - Cruel Summer

Review

Great pick, love this song. Bananarama had some great hits and they could sign compared to girls groups that followed. This song appeared in the Karate Kid which I couldn’t recall having watched the movie numerous times. Great 80s vibes from this song, nice vocals by the girls. The digital drums and synthesizer I really do like that sound. Nothing negative to say here, could listen to this on repeat, great pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

EN

Review

This is grunge which I’m not really into. It does remind me though a bit like Guns ‘n Roses at times so it’s not all bad. I do like the music here but I don’t really like the song especially the chorus. Nice guitar solo. Not a fan of the singer’s voice either. Never heard this band before, this is a new record by them. I can’t see me digging up their previous albums, don’t like the girl’s voice, a former actress apparently. I give it an average rating as musically I like the song. Not a great pick unfortunately, unlucky.

Ouch.

Would have done well with me, if it's any consolation EN.

Ouch.

Would have done well with me, if it's any consolation EN.
    Cheers! :D

tenor.gif

In 18th place with 2 points is
    Sinead

Demi Levato - Sober

Review

This is an okay song, but that's really the only positive about it. Don’t really like the artist, I don’t think she is a great singer. Don’t really like what the song is about. Don’t want to sound heartless, so it is about her personal experience but it doesn’t really add anything to the song for me. I’m just going to listen to the music which I find is okay. If I hear her songs and I like them, fine, but I ain’t going out of my way to listen to her. I gave this song a 3 which is probably more than it deserves but there you go. Not a good pick, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In 3rd place with 17 points is
    LeVar

Bananarama - Cruel Summer

Review

Great pick, love this song. Bananarama had some great hits and they could sign compared to girls groups that followed. This song appeared in the Karate Kid which I couldn’t recall having watched the movie numerous times. Great 80s vibes from this song, nice vocals by the girls. The digital drums and synthesizer I really do like that sound. Nothing negative to say here, could listen to this on repeat, great pick.

It's the song that plays when Daniel and Ali are at the beach and then Johnny and the Cobra Kai's rock up on their dirt bikes and break the stereo. :pac:

It's my personal favourite from the Karate Kid soundtrack, figured when Young Hearts did so well in the first round, that this would also do pretty well, so glad to see that's the case.

EN

Review

Love this!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's ok I'm ready to accept my third spoon

cf9b61aa24325302e080fb4336d8fc4b.gif

In 2nd place with 18 points is
    Shane

Spelling - Little Deer

Review

Wow this is excellent. When I first listened to it I was wondering what is this?, sounds a bit like 60s British music. Mesmerizing. That orchestral music is lovely. This is not the kind of music I would normally listen to but I can’t not like it. Lovely voice, lovely music, nothing negative to say here. This is what Walrus is all about right here, something I love and would never have found by myself. Not the top marks but an excellent pick and it might have very well got top spot if a personal favorite didn't get in the way. I have actually listened to more from this artist and highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

All is forgiven Kol :p

Advertisement