Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kolrus - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

ShaneU wrote: »
    giphy-1.webp

Someone get Shane a(nother) beverage for his nerves ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Me too, I remember watching it when I was a kid and running out of the room terrified when you're wan came on :o :eek:

well Shane is talking about some video game, but you are talking about the actual music video here.

I thought she looked sexy as hell. loved the video!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

well Shane is talking about some video game, but you are talking about the actual music video here.

Clearly it's Streets of Rage 2 he's referring to

For the love of God Shane, quit screwing around and just tell us what Video Game you were talking about!!!

:pac::pac::pac:

thank you!

I was trying to be polite.. but feeling the same as his Gif :D:D

ari101 wrote: »

someone get Shane a hot chocolate ;)
    Necro wrote: »
    Clearly it's Streets of Rage 2 he's referring to

hallellujah!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

thank you!

I was trying to be polite.. but feeling the same as his Gif :D:D

I can't tell if you're being serious or not anymore, and it just makes it funnier... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Another long island iced tea please

I can't tell if you're being serious or not anymore, and it just makes it funnier... :pac:

I actually am being serious. Is there something I'm missing here.!?

Shane mentioned being afraid of a video game, but is being very secretive with the answer. so maybe its some joke that I'm not getting :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Shane wrote:

"video game me nightmares"

He meant:

"video gave me nightmares" (now edited to say that)

He never intended to say anything about a video game. Only the music video.

There is no video game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

The more I read this the more I'm laughing :D
    The video gave me nightmares as a kid :pac: That's why I hated it
    what game is that?
    Sorry the video gave me nightmares
    lol I knew thats what you meant, but I was asking which game it featured in??
    No idea?

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Shane wrote:

"video game me nightmares"

He meant:

"video gave me nightmares" (now edited to say that)

He never intended to say anything about a video game. Only the music video.

There is no video game.

Ooooooooohhhhh! oops

:D:D:D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Shane mentioned being afraid of a video game, but is being very secretive with the answer. so maybe its some joke that I'm not getting :confused:

It was a typo Sinead.

Hope I haven't sobered you up Shane! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

giphy-2.webp

Kolido wrote: »
    In 10th place with 10 points is
    Homer

Rilo Kiley - Under the Blacklight
    In 10th place with 10 points is
    Homer

John Newman - Love Me Again

Woohoo, I am consistent(ly mediocre!) :pac: I'll honestly be quite happy if the rest of the rounds work out similarly.

LiVIzNs.png

I picked the John Newman one because the first time I heard it was on Jools Holland....and it was not good. His voice is really irritating in the live version, which is why I was surprised when I first heard the studio version and actually quite liked it because his voice seemed a lot more bearable.

and the penny just dropped on Necro's comment too :D

theres me thinking he was being helpful:o

Another long island iced tea please

220px-Long_Island_Iced_Teas.jpg

I'll order a round, someone else can pay ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This round is on EN :pac:

Extra long for me, please. :cool:

rxqsqp.gif

Woohoo, I am consistent(ly mediocre!) :pac: I'll honestly be quite happy if the rest of the rounds work out similarly.

I picked the John Newman one because the first time I heard it was on Jools Holland....and it was not good. His voice is really irritating in the live version, which is why I was surprised when I first heard the studio version and actually quite liked it because his voice seemed a lot more bearable.

Just listened to this live now and it was not good... your reaction is understandable :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,945 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

This round is on EN :pac:
    tenor.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tenor.gif

Sorry bro :(

not sorry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,945 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I miss Rikky :D
    (this was just after I'd submitted it to Kol...)
    Rikand wrote: »
    In 4th place, scoring 12 points

Lizzo - Good As Hell :: submitted by
    JP Liz V1

So this video. I was like... oh dear, this is gonna be some sad mopey thing cause her boyfriend left her and now she cant get on the cheerleading team and nobody likes her music and then the song started and I was like. "OMG. This is the song my kids love whenever it comes on the radio and I have to turn it up full volume in the car.!!!" I always missed who sang it but i know now and now I know who Lizzo is lol. Great song. Really enjoyed this. Excellent in the shower. Meets EN's criteria of being short and banging and I just really enjoyed this as I do everytime the kids make me turn it up and we all sing along the chorus together :D

Just listened to this live now and it was not good... your reaction is understandable :eek:

Poor live performances must run in the family; his big brother got nul points in Rotterdam a couple of weeks ago. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Me too, I remember watching it when I was a kid and running out of the room terrified when you're wan came on :o :eek:

JN8Sk-.gif

:pac:
    Remember when French and Saunders did a parody version. It was a hoot :D

Poor live performances must run in the family; his big brother got nul points in Rotterdam a couple of weeks ago. :(

Despite the fact they have different first names, I definitely thought they were the same person until right this very second when you said they were brothers. :pac:

Great reveal Kol, even if you dissed the pious Simple Man :D Sorry to have missed the live reveal, I was up in some mountains.
    In 8th place with 12 points is
    Stu

Agnes Obel - Familiar

Heard the artist: No
    Heard the song: No

My rating: ★★★★☆

Review

Musically this is stunning, I’m not crazy about the vocals. Very glass sounding going with the concept album theme. I could see this in movies, maybe it has been already. The piano, violin all sound beautiful. Definitely an artist I need to check out more and I think the rating reflects that in this case. Decent song and a very interesting pick.

Glad you liked it. It was in the German TV series Dark on Netflix, that's where I and a few million other people heard it first. That TV show (which I highly recommend) gave me more new bands and artists than any other show I've watched.
    Just catching up and obviously I think you're wrong, this is their best song that isn't Zombie :p

Ah well, was a bit of an odd pick. My reasoning was that it was so different to any of their singles, so showed another side to them

I genuinely love this song, the contrast between the two halves is great, the solemnness of the first half, describing being in a bad relationship, and the sheer joy of the escape in the second, such that even the daffodils are lovely!

Well done EN, you describe Daffodil Lament perfectly there. I'm with you, even if we seem to be a very small group :o

Glad you liked it. It was in the German TV series Dark on Netflix, that's where I and a few million other people heard it first. That TV show (which I highly recommend) gave me more new bands and artists than any other show I've watched.

+1

One of the greatest TV Shows ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

• Advertisement

Despite the fact they have different first names, I definitely thought they were the same person until right this very second when you said they were brothers. :pac:

Never even twigged they might be related until now :pac:

Advertisement