Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Install time line Eir

Options
  • 03-06-2021 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Contacted Eir, got quote for TV and bband package.. Was assured there was no issue with connecting me up.
    The engineer called to do works, and turns out they need to run a line from the street to the house.
    That was 2 weeks ago.
    Just got an email from them to say I was scheduled for the work 30th July!
    Are these sort of timeliness unusual?

I cancelled my current provider on the back of my conversation when signing up with them that there would be no issues.

Am close to having a mutiny on my hands on the home front.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Best get yourself a mobile broadband PAYG device to fill the service gap :) or see if you can extend your old service for the gap
    Sales folks on the phone will say anything to get you signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

I had ordered Gigabit Fibre Broadband from eir. I received four txt messages to advise it would be done on the 6th of June. That date has passed and nothing has happened. They rang me this morning to advise the work will be done by the 23rd of June. He was unable to give me a date.

Very poor service, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Catglee wrote: »
    Contacted Eir, got quote for TV and bband package.. Was assured there was no issue with connecting me up.
    The engineer called to do works, and turns out they need to run a line from the street to the house.
    That was 2 weeks ago.
    Just got an email from them to say I was scheduled for the work 30th July!
    Are these sort of timeliness unusual?

I cancelled my current provider on the back of my conversation when signing up with them that there would be no issues.

Am close to having a mutiny on my hands on the home front.

is it FTTH you ordered? if so, sounds like you are ducted from house to nearest pole or manhole with distribution point. perhaps its blocked causing the delay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Slasher wrote: »
    I had ordered Gigabit Fibre Broadband from eir. I received four txt messages to advise it would be done on the 6th of June. That date has passed and nothing has happened. They rang me this morning to advise the work will be done by the 23rd of June. He was unable to give me a date.

Very poor service, really.

6th june is a sunday, not likely. delay might be works still to be done before go live of ftth in your area. you wont get any info from eir most likely

did eir ring you to inform you of this or kn? should have asked could they give the reason for delay

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

If a reschedule has been indicated then after a few days you should be able to ring eir care who will contact open eir and ask for a forecast date for the work to be completed. If it's FTTH it's likely a DP isn't live

If a reschedule was required it would have been you not available or tech not available or some work you would need to carry out yourself before the work could be completed

I believe eir still have an on boarding / connection team who should contact you though

• Advertisement
Advertisement