Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC DVR settings

Options
  • 03-06-2021 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

I have an 8 channel HKC DVR which is only retaining about 2 weeks of recordings, there are 5 cameras on the system, which are 1080p hd cameras connected by coax cable.

I have the instruction manual but its very hard to understand, can anyone give me pointers on how to extend the number of days that are being recorded?

Also one of the cameras seems to have a fault, the image on the screen is all green...any idea what that is?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have an 8 channel HKC DVR which is only retaining about 2 weeks of recordings, there are 5 cameras on the system, which are 1080p hd cameras connected by coax cable.

I have the instruction manual but its very hard to understand, can anyone give me pointers on how to extend the number of days that are being recorded?

Also one of the cameras seems to have a fault, the image on the screen is all green...any idea what that is?

Thanks in advance :)

Best way is to install a bigger Hard Drive.

Dropping the frame rates and quality of the recording will also increase the number of days been recorded but it will also reduce the playback quality so not really advisable imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭touchdown77

altor wrote: »
    Best way is to install a bigger Hard Drive.

Dropping the frame rates and quality of the recording will also increase the number of days been recorded but it will also reduce the playback quality so not really advisable imo.

What frame rate would you recommend? (the quality is set to highest already)

I have two cameras on stairways which need to be at a high frame rate and two cameras on a carpark which can set lower to save space - these can also be set to motion trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

What frame rate would you recommend? (the quality is set to highest already)

I have two cameras on stairways which need to be at a high frame rate and two cameras on a carpark which can set lower to save space - these can also be set to motion trigger

Max on some of the HIK DVRs is 15FPS.

Yes you can set up the system to record only on motion to save space if that's what you want to do.
    Don't recommend it myself as have seem some vital missing footage when needed.

Advertisement