Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing at?

Options
  • 03-06-2021 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭

Why send me an email notification 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your new statement or document for account ~ 1234 will be available shortly on 365 online[/font]

When its not due for another 2 weeks?
    Got the email logged in to banking 365 and thought :confused: :rolleyes: that can't be right I've only just paid off the last CC statement.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Why send me an email notification 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your new statement or document for account ~ 1234 will be available shortly on 365 online[/font]

When its not due for another 2 weeks?
    Got the email logged in to banking 365 and thought :confused: :rolleyes: that can't be right I've only just paid off the last CC statement.
    Hi Continental Op, 

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch. 

You're right it does the notification is going to you earlier than due. 

We would recommend logging into the App, select Services and scroll to Send a Message, a colleague can certainly follow up on this with you. 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks,
    Alison 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I still get statements posted out so don't need to rely on Bank of Ireland getting its email notification right.

I'll just put a recurring calendar appointment in Outlook to remind me just in case. 

Wake me up when it's all over.

I have to agree with Continental here.

Can BOI change this, so the notifications are synced with the actual statement being ready?

I applied for some "up to date" statements, and it tells me I'll get an email. Then I get the same email as above (that it'll be available shortly) but when I check, it's not there yet. Defeats the whole point of getting a notification.

It'd be like An Post's tracking info saying the due date for delivery of your parcel is: Sometime Soon-ish.

A notification that waits until your statement is ready to go, and then says "notification is now ready to view/download" would be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

I have to agree with Continental here.

Can BOI change this, so the notifications are synced with the actual statement being ready?

I applied for some "up to date" statements, and it tells me I'll get an email. Then I get the same email as above (that it'll be available shortly) but when I check, it's not there yet. Defeats the whole point of getting a notification.

It'd be like An Post's tracking info saying the due date for delivery of your parcel is: Sometime Soon-ish.

A notification that waits until your statement is ready to go, and then says "notification is now ready to view/download" would be better.
    Thanks KKV for joining the thread. We can certainly pass on this feedback in relation to the message and updating customers when the statement is available for download. 

Many thanks, 
    Alison 

Advertisement