Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank requires UK credit check for mortgage but I haven't lived there in 4 years

• 03-06-2021 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

As the title says- my broker says I need to provide a UK credit check report, but from a quick google/attempt at Experian, it's asking for my UK address, UK salary, UK phone number etc. I haven't lived there since the tail end of 2016. Has anyone encountered this issue and found a solution?

There were a few zombie threads on this issue but no solid solutions provided, and I didn't want to resurrect them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Can you try and sign up with Clearscore? There's is provided by equifax. I've not lived in England since 2016, but I still get my score each month. I still have some active accounts that I don't really use though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Just to add a second reply. I cam back at the end of 2016 and I got a mortgage within 12 months. My UK history was never asked for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

If a lender sees that you lived and worked in the UK they will ask for a Credit Report. As far as they are concerned you could have a bad credit rating in the UK or you could have a mortgage there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Waterbottle2

I had to do this too with BOI. You can raise a request ticket with equifax, and they will send your credit report by post to an irish address. My report did get lost though, so I also signed up with Experian for a free account. With the experian account you can download the report for free.

Advertisement