Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News part 4 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

When he came out of the Octagon she ran over and hugged him then jumped up into his arms and wrapped her legs around him. to me it was a bit too much, all for the cameras. Some people may disagree, but having your wife/ GF come into the ring and congratulate you is fine, a hug and a kiss is all normal, jumping into his arms with her legs in the air was a bit school girl for me, and she's 10 years + older than him. At this point I didn't even know she was his manager, makes it more bizarre.

Big hugs for the new cash cow

Feel sorry for Chrissy it panned out like this, I know him from growing up, such a genuine person with a passion for martial arts... one things for sure, he'll generate other champs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The 'entire context' was one poster had suggested maybe he had outgrown Team KF and that people shouldn't straight off the bat presume it was his girlfriends doing.

You responded to that saying as previously quoted.

Thanks for clearing things up anyway. We are all in agreement, happy families.

I felt it was unfair that she was getting the blame as there had been whispers for a while about her influence on him ,
    I think that was all but confirmed with the statement where his manger was mentioned twice and the line that he became uncoachable after the employment of his new manger (his missus)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Uncoachable is a strong word. How does the appointment of a manager make someone become uncoachable?

Unless Ian/Layla was insisting on something along the lines of private training only, not to be involved in group sessions, altering their class schedule to suit Ian. What else could it possibly be?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Uncoachable is a strong word. How does the appointment of a manager make someone become uncoachable?

Unless Ian/Layla was insisting on something along the lines of private training only, not to be involved in group sessions, altering their class schedule to suit Ian. What else could it possibly be?

Very hard to speculate on that could be so many things
    Not turning up on time, changing times, wanting them to travle, Not wanting certain trianing partners wanting other partners, Simply not listening and doinh his own thing

Could be anything really

Id imagine if shes a good manger then she'll be telling Ian leave it as is and move on, no point in saying anything back as the lads didn't go into any detail that could make him look bad

could have been over bearing management.... can't wrap his hands, or let him go toilet without management being informed...

some of these managers really like to micro manage ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Looking at Graham Boylans latest tweet it's hard to see him fighting for cage warriors again anyway.

From what I have managed to find out he was barely talking to anyone in the gym and asking people to go through his 'PA' of they wanted to speak to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

We're Irish, we're not exactly known for being the most passionate of people when it comes to showing admiration and effection. I've no problem with her doing that. I think she is 15 years old than him? 23 v 38??

Maybe you should forward that tweet back on to him as a little friendly reminder. Many a good man has been blindsided by a smoking hot piece of ass.

Found it:

https://twitter.com/iangarryMMA/status/1259573321764569091?s=20

https://twitter.com/iangarryMMA/status/1259616775739711493?s=20

I deleted what I said to him after a tweet clear out. You get the idea what he was replying to. also read is initial tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

What foreign gym could he possible go to? Loud mouthed hyped Irish man will have a target on his back wherever he goes.

At home, I wouldn't imagine the SBG lads would be too happy to have some chap who slagged off their choice of fight promotion to waltz in and expect special treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ais reposted the KF statement , somebody asked her if John Kavanagh was still her coach, to which she replied..."Thankfully no" :pac::pac::pac:

Lewis v Gane for the interim heavyweight title, Aug 7th in Houston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ASOT wrote: »
    Lewis v Gane for the interim heavyweight title, Aug 7th in Houston

Is Big Fran injured or refusing fights?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Is Big Fran injured or refusing fights?

Ariel said they UFC wanted him to fight in August and he said no, so they made this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

So, Joe Schilling knocked some bloke out in a bar. His story is that the guy was racist and had said racist things to the waiter. He also spent the night rapping towards Joe and mean mugging him.

None of that is shown in the video. But it does look like someone was filming knowing something was going to go down. Make of this what you will......

https://youtu.be/1yH0ZYBJ3cM

MrStuffins wrote: »
    So, Joe Schilling knocked some bloke out in a bar. His story is that the guy was racist and had said racist things to the waiter. He also spent the night rapping towards Joe and mean mugging him.

None of that is shown in the video. But it does look like someone was filming knowing something was going to go down. Make of this what you will......

https://youtu.be/1yH0ZYBJ3cM

Could be just that someone was recording a guy being a dickhead and happened to catch the moment.

Could also be Schilling said to one of his pals that I'm gonna bump this asshole as I pass by him and hopefully he reacts so I can knock him the **** out.
    We'd all grab the phone and hot record in that situation :D

I love nothing more than seeing complete dickheads getting put to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Scumbag move to me, your man had his hands down and was defenseless, considerably smaller as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Could be just that someone was recording a guy being a dickhead and happened to catch the moment.

Could also be Schilling said to one of his pals that I'm gonna bump this asshole as I pass by him and hopefully he reacts so I can knock him the **** out.

Schilling is the dickhead in that clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Schilling getting desperate for a win. How long before he's bare knuckle boxing to pay for this, 3 months, maybe 6.

He even said he was fearing for his life! From what? The pudgy, sweaty, short guy. Get out of it.

I felt it was unfair that she was getting the blame as there had been whispers for a while about her influence on him ,
    I think that was all but confirmed with the statement where his manger was mentioned twice and the line that he became uncoachable after the employment of his new manger (his missus)

To be fair, the lads said it was happening before and got worse after she came on the scene. Could be entirely his ego.
    selassie wrote: »
    What foreign gym could he possible go to? Loud mouthed hyped Irish man will have a target on his back wherever he goes.
    I wouldn't have thought he's be a target. It's different when somebody is on the team, verses drop ins trying to KO a know fighter in sparring sessions.

He's be taken down a peg pretty quickly. He has potential. He's nowhere near top tier MMA level.
    At home, I wouldn't imagine the SBG lads would be too happy to have some chap who slagged off their choice of fight promotion to waltz in and expect special treatment.

Well he's former SBG really, I'm sure he had plenty to say when they split. So I doubt he's swallow his pride and go cap in hand. He'll be off to the UK imo.

Mellor wrote: »
    Schilling is the dickhead in that clip.

A pro fighter hitting Joe Public, he deserves a stretch for this. It's kind of bizarre he's posting the video and sending it to everyone by PM on Insta.

Complete set up also.

A pro fighter hitting Joe Public, he deserves a stretch for the. It's kind of bizarre he's posting the video and sending it to everyone by PM on Insta.

Complete set up also.

Looks a complete set up to me too.

I mean, he can say the guy flinched at him and it was self defence all he wants, but from the looks of it he was out to get the guy, whatever his excuse was. He went looking to instigate something so he could knock the guy out.

Far from self defence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Imagine actually thinking this, rather than your initial reaction being, you know, "hey man, don't actively try provoke someone into giving you a sliver of a defense so you can knock him out just like you plan to".

What a weird group you and your friends must be.

Imagine actually thinking this, rather than your initial reaction being, you know, "hey man, don't actively try provoke someone into giving you a sliver of a defense so you can knock him out just like you plan to".

What a weird group you and your friends must be.

Honestly, you've never been in a situation where some complete and utter loud mouthed twat is acting the big one, being abusive and disruptive to all around him and thought 'I wish someone would knock him out to shut him up'?

I dont get the outrage with my thought process. There's too many mouthy, billy big bollocks around these days, who have little respect for their surroundings and zero thought into how they negatively impact upon the enjoyment of everyone around them, due to their selfishness.

This was obviously (from the detail provided previously) some obnoxious asshole causing a nuisance of himself and disrupting everyone around him, wait staff included. No doubt he was probabaly asked numerous times to pipe down.

Example one: Would any of us have thought it dreadful if those little ****s fighting with the waiters on South William Street St got knocked out cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Honestly, you've never been in a situation where some complete and utter loud mouthed twat is acting the big one, being abusive and disruptive to all around him and thought 'I wish someone would knock him out to shut him up'?

the difficulty with that is, as can happen, is the brain can take the impact particularly when the person hits the floor - the outcomes can be severe from death, brain damage with life long issues to less severe like headache.

All for being a clown in that moment or moments leaving you in a potentially bad way or worse is not what most people would wish on someone for being a mouth / idiot. Much easier to move, walk off and continue on enjoying your night, one punch incidents are not to be taken lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Following Dean Barry on Twitter is NSFW, the man in a creep

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

You've absolutely no evidence that this is the case. And no, I generally wish that person would **** up or get thrown out. I've never wished for someone to come along, on what's clearly a calculated basis, to try and assault someone.

I dont get the outrage with my thought process. There's too many mouthy, billy big bollocks around these days, who have little respect for their surroundings and zero thought into how they negatively impact upon the enjoyment of everyone around them, due to their selfishness. 100% agree. Does that mean Pro MMA fighters or random Joe soaps should be entitled, never mind lauded for giving someone a slap

This was obviously (from the detail provided previously) some obnoxious asshole causing a nuisance of himself and disrupting everyone around him, wait staff included. No doubt he was probabaly asked numerous times to pipe down. "Obviously" "No doubt". Really? Have a word with yourself. You've seen the same clip we all have.

Example one: Would any of us have thought it dreadful if those little ****s fighting with the waiters on South William Street St got knocked out cold? these aren't remotely comparable situations. For one, the waiters in South William Street were clearly (actually clearly, not just made-up clearly) under attack. For another, your example wasn't about someone getting what was coming to them. It was about someone engineering a situation to give them something approximating a reasonable excuse to do what they'd already made up their mind they wanted to do, i.e. knock someone out. And for all their friends to agree this was normal, reasonable behaviour and be excited to get in on it and record it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Joe Schilling might as well have been me taking a hit on yer man with a baseball bat.
    Self defense needs to be proportional. Back in the day we were all told that once we started training we had an extra duty to make sure we talked the aggressor down. FFS all he had to do is say," hey dickhead be a good boy and sit down my name is Joe - Google it."
    Instead he clobbered him on a video.
    The will be repercussions for this.

Vestiapx wrote: »
    Joe Schilling might as well have been me taking a hit on yer man with a baseball bat.
    Self defense needs to be proportional. Back in the day we were all told that once we started training we had an extra duty to make sure we talked the aggressor down. FFS all he had to do is say," hey dickhead be a good boy and sit down my name is Joe - Google it."
    Instead he clobbered him on a video.
    The will be repercussions for this.

I hope there is, I know trained MMA really should use their skills to defuse a fight. Like Matt Serra and Ryan Hall when they took down a threat and bascially just controlled them to when the police arrive. Joe in the clip set up an altercation and filmed it. He also hit the guy with pretty big shots and the lad could easily have died. it's actually disgusting that he'd do this, nothing but arrogance. Maybe the lad was being rude blah blah blah but who is Schilling to think he's the behavior police. He deserves a small stretch in jail to soften his cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

That's a flat out assault. You can see as he walks past the guy initially he's already planned what he's going to do.

If you're going to go assault some fella in a bar, not generally a good idea to post the evidence online and then boast about it.

Schilling has now shared posts (real or not) from girls who DM'd him to tell him the guy had been an abusive boyfriend and they wanted t o thank Joe for knocking the guy out.

I'm sure Joe Schilling took all of this into account when he decided to clean this guy's clock. He's essentially Batman!

• Advertisement

This was obviously (from the detail provided previously) some obnoxious asshole causing a nuisance of himself and disrupting everyone around him, wait staff included. No doubt he was probabaly asked numerous times to pipe down.

The issue is that the video shows none of that.
    You are talking the word of the aggressor.

Schilling also posted a "screenshot" of a message the guys girlfriend sent to him. Thanking him for knocking out her abusing Ex.
    Lucky for Joe she was a fan of obscure unsigned MMA fighters and seen his instagram story.

Joe's version cannot be trusted. He clearly premediated that he's him him.

Advertisement