Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News part 4 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭DodoDojo

In fairness, the guy made a move to try and get Joe to flinch. You can see he said 'hey ****er', Joe turns around and the guy postures with his shoulder going back. To a trained fighter like Joe it would just be instinct to counter what he probably thought was an impending haymaker.

Why do you think someone was filming that guy by the way?. He was obviously acting the bollix all night and you can see the waiter was not happy with him so Joes version of events adds up.

Also, Joe might be an unknown MMA fighter, but he is very well known in kickboxing. This is a viral video so probably someone saw the viral video and recognized the guy and sent it to the girl who used to go out with him. Then all she had to do was google Joe Schilling so she could thank him. I'm sure any women who had been the victim of domestic abuse would do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Mellor wrote: »
    The issue is that the video shows none of that.
    You are talking the word of the aggressor.

Schilling also posted a "screenshot" of a message the guys girlfriend sent to him. Thanking him for knocking out her abusing Ex.
    Lucky for Joe she was a fan of obscure unsigned MMA fighters and seen his instagram story.

Joe's version cannot be trusted. He clearly premediated that he's him him.

Yeah true, all we have to go off is Joe's account and the video. He says the guy was being abusive to staff, both sexually and racially, and that a number of staff thanked him afterwards. It could all be lies. But if it is the truth and me being happy seeing the guy getting knocked out makes me a bad man, I'll happily take that bad man tag.

If it's lies and Joe just wanted to knock out a guy who was "singng at him while making eye contact", then Joe is the asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,513 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

MrStuffins wrote:
    Schilling has now shared posts (real or not) from girls who DM'd him to tell him the guy had been an abusive boyfriend and they wanted t o thank Joe for knocking the guy out.
    If this is true I'm delighted he did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

eagle eye wrote: »
    If this is true I'm delighted he did it.

Unless Joe was filming a new movie sequel called "Punisher 6: Bellator Prelim Madness" i'm not sure it will really matter how many ex girlfriends the guy slapped when the cops come knocking.

I know but it's still nice to see a despicable creature get his.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Joe is going to be locked up for that and rightly so ,

No need what so ever to do what he done in that situation , Its made worse by the fact that Joe is well aware of that he is capable of and knew exactly what the outcome would be ,

Ye your man was probably a dick but no need to assault him like that ,

If he's an abuser of women he deserves it.

But Joe had no idea of that when he attacked him he was only told that after ,
    So ye you could say he deserved it but Joe should also see prison time for assaulting someone for no reason

Again, he's neither The Punisher nor is he Batman.

I'm pretty sure nobody would disagree that men who abuse women are scum. But Joe attacked a drunk and untrained guy in a bar. He had no prior knowledge of any of this stuff (and it might not even be true). He deserves to be charged for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭DodoDojo

Joe is going to be locked up for that and rightly so ,

No need what so ever to do what he done in that situation , Its made worse by the fact that Joe is well aware of that he is capable of and knew exactly what the outcome would be ,

Get locked up for that? Very unlikely. The only fighter I have ever heard of getting locked up for an assault is Ralph Gracie, where he sucker punched Almeida and kicked him in the face on the ground knocking out all of his teeth,. Even for that he only got a few months.

Joe can definitely claim self defence for this, the guy clearly made a move at Joe giving him reasonable grounds to believe he was about to throw a punch. Not to mention all of the bar staff will back up anything Joe says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Petesy carroll joining ringer he is co hosting with ariel helwani before and after every big card. well deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Whelo79 wrote: »
    If it's lies and Joe just wanted to knock out a guy who was "singng at him while making eye contact", then Joe is the asshole.

He didn't just walk up and knock the guy out though. He pushed past him, the guy said something, and when he turned around the guy swung his shoulder as if he was going to hit him.
    Trained fighters are supposed to take the high road, but I can't imagine they're supposed to take punches. The other guy did shape as if he was going to throw something.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The sequence of events required for that person to see the story and message Joe is far less likely that Joe just making it up after the fact.

derfderf wrote: »
    He didn't just walk up and knock the guy out though. He pushed past him, the guy said something, and when he turned around the guy swung his shoulder as if he was going to hit him.

That didn't happen. Not in the clip I seen.
    He flared his arms a bit (as douchebags will do when posturing). He didn't swing anything or go to punch.

He was probably drunk and acting the prick. But Joe knew what he was walking past for. I've seen Joe fight, his reflexes aren't that quick :pac:
    The manager stated that Balboa “was extremely intoxicated and had possibly made an improper remark about the girlfriend/wife of the male who had struck him, which caused the fight to escalate.”

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Mellor wrote: »
    The sequence of events required for that person to see the story and message Joe is far less likely that Joe just making it up after the fact.

That didn't happen. Not in the clip I seen.
    He flared his arms a bit (as douchebags will do when posturing). He didn't swing anything or go to punch.

He was probably drunk and acting the prick. But Joe knew what he was walking past for. I've seen Joe fight, his reflexes aren't that quick :pac:

Even if the fella did hit his ex, which again is disgusting, did Joe have some magic powers to know this? Was this a kind of Minority Report incident, were Joe knew what had happened in this lads past. Maybe both of them are scumbags that needs a stretch in Jail either way on that clip Schilling is completely in the wrong.

Just to clarify, at no stage have I said that what Schilling did isn't wrong. All I was saying is that if the other guy is an abuser of women then I'm delighted he got a thumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Realistically what’s the next logical fight for Ian Garry if he stays with Cage Warriors ?

If he did sign with the UFC who could he expect to be matched up with ?

He would fight at Welterweight there also i assume ?
    Looking at the rankings below, lot of tough fights there ….

https://rankingmma.com/ufc-rankings/welterweight/

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Realistically what’s the next logical fight for Ian Garry if he stays with Cage Warriors ?

Gunnar Nelson :pac:

He's going to headline the next Dublin card you would assume. Cerrone, Perry, or Robbie Lawler are my picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Surely he would be fighting bottom of the pile in the ufc. Ye must be joking about fighting the top ranked people.

Welterweight is an absolute murderer's row!

The top of that division, Usman, Colby, Burns, Edwards, Wonderboy, Luque, Chiesa, Masvidal......... Garry shouldn't be anywhere near any of these guys until he has at least double-figures wins on his record. In fact, he shouldn't be fighting anyone with a number next to their name until he gets some fights under his belt.

If he signs for the UFC, he should be kept away from ranked guys for a while. No harm letting him build experience

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Just to clarify, at no stage have I said that what Schilling did isn't wrong. All I was saying is that if the other guy is an abuser of women then I'm delighted he got a thumping.
    There's difference between "IF he's an abuser..." and confidently stated that he is an abused based on Joe's screenshot.

He may be, I don't know. But Joe is not a neutral source here.

Nobody in the rankings. Most likely someboy you or I have not even heard of.

Somebody like Louis Cosce

I'm not even convinced he should be at WW tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Strange match up. Don't really like it. Gus on a losing streak, last win 2017!

I don't see what a win for either does for them.

I reckon he needs to bulk up a bit more if he's going to the WW in the UFC ,
    He's quite tall about 6'1 or 2 but doesn't look like he cuts much weight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Beersmith wrote: »
    Strange match up. Don't really like it. Gus on a losing streak, last win 2017!

I don't see what a win for either does for them.

It gives Craig a recognisable name of his list I guess? Seems brutal for Gus, I can't remember the last time he won.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I reckon he needs to bulk up a bit more if he's going to the WW in the UFC ,
    He's quite tall about 6'1 or 2 but doesn't look like he cuts much weight

I heard him speak about this last year with Lydia Des Dolles, he was saying he doesn't cut at all or at least very little, he feels he's better for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

He won't be thinking that if he comes up against some of the UFC WW's that cut down from 190-200lbs

hots wrote: »
    It gives Craig a recognisable name of his list I guess? Seems brutal for Gus, I can't remember the last time he won.

Yeah but then he won't even get much kudos as gus will be confirmed to be completely washed up by many.

I heard him speak about this last year with Lydia Des Dolles, he was saying he doesn't cut at all or at least very little, he feels he's better for it.

Ye in person he look like a light weight,

Gunnar had the same idea and it works grand in Europe until you get state side & hit some of the monsters of the division ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Just finished a Jon Jones video! This was even more work than the edmond video. It weighs in at 40 minutes mostly because there were so many controversies to cover. Around 18 minutes in is my favourite thing ive ever done where i turned the Jones v Sonnen fight into an anime battle sequence and im quite proud of that lol.

Happy to say tho that since the edmond video these are getting a bit more attention now, 15K views for this in like 4 days is incredible! I even uploaded it as a premiere and had over 100 people all watching the premiere at the same time which is mindblowing to me considering these videos were lucky to get 100 views maybe every 2 months previously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The GOAT has retired

Bloodied Russian MMA star Lobov set to retire after brutal bare-knuckle loss to Ukrainian in scrap surrounded by sandbags

https://www.rt.com/sport/530189-artem-lobov-mma-bare-knuckle-video/

Advertisement