Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cost Of Garden Walls

• 03-06-2021 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a ball park price to build front garden walls on a standard 3 bed semi detached .

3 walls block built with standard capping's , the front wall and pillars would have a brick finish .

Just in the process of looking for a company but have have no idea of what the price to include materials and labour would roughly be .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 John2021

To many variables for quote.
    1. Dimensions of all walls for block/ brick/capping count and amount of pillars required.
    2. Are footings in. If not will need ground works done i.e. mini digger, spoil taken away, hardcore, concrete. ( Do this right - you don't want
    cracks and subsidence later.
    3. What type of brick? There are Cost differences between different brick.
    4. Do walls need plastering?
    5. What is access like?

Feel free to PM me for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Thanks John I'll measure the walls in the morning and PM you .

The ground works bit was on my mind as the only lad l inquired about the walls with suggested a 8 inch deep foundation should be ok if only 1 meter high .

That didn't seem very deep to me ,plus I'm going to be getting a printed concrete drive in once walls are done ,l don't want them digging down further than the wall foundation .

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭henrietta

Hi just jumping on here as i was looking to know something similar. I haven't any idea about building costs so rough estimate would do. I want a 6inch block wall i think. Its about 40m long and probably around 1/1.25 m high. Wouldnt necessarily need to plaster it.
    Might need a foundation though?

Any one got a ballpark rough estimate to see if its even worth my while going to get quotes?
    Thanks and sorry to hijack thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Good luck Lady

How much would a normal brick garden wall 12 feet by 3 feet cost including labour?

Advertisement