Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions cup 2022

1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Bit by bit the European Cup has lost its allure. Peak enjoyment I got was 07-08/08-09, 10-11/11-12 seasons.

Subjective yes but the more they mess with the tournament (20 teams in 14-15) the more I seem to care less.

La Rochelle win was a big positive for the competition. I doubt they'll be dancing in the streets of Cape Town if the Stormers win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭Madeoface

Though i couldn't get excited about Pau v Cheetahs on a wet December night, Sharks v Sarries etc . I could.

The English are not liked down there, the games would / should be well fought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Climate in South Africa for the group stages a big plus

So do the SA players get holidays in Winter and have to play all through their summer ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Seems only a matter of time now that S. Africa join the 6N.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Nah, can't see it happening. Totally different stakeholders. It's one thing dropping more teams into a knockout tournament where you can can retain the outlay and format. Adding another team to the 6 Nations (because you can nearly guarantee Italy won't give up their spot) massively unbalances the format and scheduling, never mind adding weeks to the competition that they don't have free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

I disagree. S. African players are now to be playing 2 tournaments with half of their games in the NH. Their players will be so adjusted to playing in the similar time time zone that they will simply not wish to continue to play in the RC. The breach with rest of SH has already been made and there is a trajectory or line of travel which I believe is now unstopppable. Schedule for 6N will be changed to suit their inclusion.

Advertisement