Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to St Flannans pitches

Options
  • 04-06-2021 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows whether the playing pitches at St Flannans are accessible to the public for exercise or not. Seems to be a sizeable area suitable for running but also seems to have high green fencing all around the perimeter.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

JohnDozer wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone knows whether the playing pitches at St Flannans are accessible to the public for exercise or not. Seems to be a sizeable area suitable for running but also seems to have high green fencing all around the perimeter.

Technically, no you are trespassing if you go in there without permission so if you do anything to hurt yourself it's your own fault and they aren't at all liable. In reality, once you walk in by either Eire Og, 1 of the side gates or, as half of town seems to do, hop the wall at Gallows' Hill you can avail of the facilities, people have been running there for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Super. Thanks for that. Agree, fully understand the liability piece. Just had a quick nose this morning by car and it looked like the side gates were locked. I'll have a proper look at lunchtime on foot. Thanks again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

JohnDozer wrote: »
    Super. Thanks for that. Agree, fully understand the liability piece. Just had a quick nose this morning by car and it looked like the side gates were locked. I'll have a proper look at lunchtime on foot. Thanks again.

There's a walk way gate by Sutton's Lighting that you can walk through, the gate by Turnpike is often locked as are the main gates. People hop the walls on the Clare Road across from Top Oil as well as by the fence by Gallows' Hill. Most adults normally just park by Eire Óg and access Flannan's by the back pitch at Eire Óg, if you aren't familiar with Eire Óg go in by hte back of the stand and between the astro turf and main pitch there's a path, that leads into Flannan's

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Perfect. I'll loop around on my run and try those access points. Thanks again, very helpful.

At the start of this video you'll see the way, they've a decent setup there no in fairness to them and Flannan's is easily accessible, you'll often see runners going in there and no-one seems to mind.

• Advertisement

Advertisement