Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can non citizen adult children of US citizens travel to USA currently?

Options
  • 04-06-2021 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

My elderly father who is a US citizen wants to travel for a funeral next week and I (his adult son) would like to accompany him as he needs a chaperone but I'm not a US citizen. I was reading the guidance from the US embassy snd the Presidential Proclamation made this point below about exceptions from the travel ban on who can enter USA. Does this mean child minors only and not adult children? I've emailed the address provided by embassy and awaiting reply but if anyone here can offer advice, it would be greatly appreciated too.

(vi)    any noncitizen who is the child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

ongarboy wrote: »
    My elderly father who is a US citizen wants to travel for a funeral next week and I (his adult son) would like to accompany him as he needs a chaperone but I'm not a US citizen. I was reading the guidance from the US embassy snd the Presidential Proclamation made this point below about exceptions from the travel ban on who can enter USA. Does this mean child minors only and not adult children? I've emailed the address provided by embassy and awaiting reply but if anyone here can offer advice, it would be greatly appreciated too.

(vi)    any noncitizen who is the child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications

Generally when there is a reference to child in US immigration language it means children under 21. Children over 21 are usually referred to as adult children.

Advertisement