Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Cobh

Options
  • 04-06-2021 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭

Myself and my wife have bought a house and are moving to Cobh in the next few weeks or so. I'm planning to get into the house and do some renovations, paintwork etc. Can anyone recommend:
    • somewhere to rent a floor sander nearby
    • the best place to buy paint supplies
    • Somewhere for furniture

I was planning on doing my shopping online or Woodies/Harvey Norman but thought I'd try local first. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

p to the e wrote: »
    Myself and my wife have bought a house and are moving to Cobh in the next few weeks or so. I'm planning to get into the house and do some renovations, paintwork etc. Can anyone recommend:
    • somewhere to rent a floor sander nearby
    • the best place to buy paint supplies
    • Somewhere for furniture

I was planning on doing my shopping online or Woodies/Harvey Norman but thought I'd try local first. Thanks

There's a furniture shop called Lakewood near Cobh Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

Whelans Hardware under the Arch is pretty good for Paint & stuff. Might have to go to Midleton, Muckley took hire for the sander.

Harvey Normal in Little Island may be back selling furniture now, but if not there are other units in the same retail park, such as Easy Living.

The Range, in the same retail park also has an excellent hardware section, for paints, wallpaper, blinds, curtains etc. Cheaper than most too.

Advertisement