Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland acquiring KBC - will it include current accounts?

Options
  • 05-06-2021 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am a KBC bank customer and I heard Bank of Ireland is acquiring KBC and I was wondering if my current account will be transferred as part of the sale? 

Also if KBC Bank does leave Ireland and current accounts aren't included in the sale I was wondering how easy it is to switch my KBC account to Bank of Ireland and what process is involved? I am a resident of the United Kingdom which makes it a bit more complex. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

I am a KBC bank customer and I heard Bank of Ireland is acquiring KBC and I was wondering if my current account will be transferred as part of the sale? 

Also if KBC Bank does leave Ireland and current accounts aren't included in the sale I was wondering how easy it is to switch my KBC account to Bank of Ireland and what process is involved? I am a resident of the United Kingdom which makes it a bit more complex. 
    Hi there, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. The current account would not be automatically switched. For information on opening a non resident account with bank of ireland please see here. We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TypeUsername

So essentially I would be starting again from scratch and I would need to get all my documents certified again? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

So essentially I would be starting again from scratch and I would need to get all my documents certified again? 
    Thanks for getting back to us. Yes, you would need to provide the documents outlined on the link. All banks are required to obtain these documents from new customers. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement