Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport?

Options
  • 05-06-2021 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Are there checks still flying out of Dublin airport? I was chatting with a work colleague today who reckons there is not as he plans to head off to Spain?

I assumed there where people there checking if the journey was essential, but obviously not

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Rainmann wrote: »
    .... but obviously not
    Are you answering your own question? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rainmann

Are you answering your own question? :confused:

More looking for confirmation mate

Rainmann wrote: »
    Are there checks still flying out of Dublin airport? I was chatting with a work colleague today who reckons there is not as he plans to head off to Spain?

I assumed there where people there checking if the journey was essential, but obviously not

Same checks as before. Will be until 19th July

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

No checks outside airport only a couple of undercover Miami vice lads in boot cut jeans asking a few questions before security.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

As you'll see from above, it's the luck of the draw. There are intermittent checks on the roads outside, some people get stopped, some don't. Checks inside seem more consistent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Nharrison02

Fils wrote: »
    No checks outside airport only a couple of undercover Miami vice lads in boot cut jeans asking a few questions before security.

What kind of questions do they ask and what kind of "evidence" do you need to provide in order to escape?
    Obviously all negative PCR tests etc in order...

I just said I was going on business which I was. It never turned into a court case looking for evidence. May be different if I had partner, kids in tow and off to a sunny country.
    They used their common sense, the other undercover miami vice lad was giving a good quizzing to a couple that were off at one side alright. If you are planning on telling fibs have your story well learned.

You’re flying for holidays, your posts are very twitchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Nharrison02

Mr.S wrote: »
    Unless you are very blatantly going on a holiday with the wife and kids / group of friends you are unlikely to experience any sort of serious questioning.

If the reason is legit under the current list, then if you explain it in such a way you'll be fine.

Thanks. I’m flying for work but want to bring my family.

Unless your family are your employees and can prove it you are slightly extracting the urine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Flying for legit reasons but hard to prove. Am thinking that flying out of Belfast is an option.. less anxiety about being stopped or fined €2K

My daughter and her fella flew out of Dublin last night for work in Italy. She had assumed she had taken her employment letter with her but she forgot it. Dope. Anyway, she was questioned for almost 30 mins before she found correspondence in her deleted emails which tallied with her job and contacts.

Arrive early and have all your ducks in a row otherwise it could be costly.

Advertisement