Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New visa debit won't work online.

Options
  • 05-06-2021 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭

I got a new visa debit card last week and I activated it using an ATM. I also added the card to apple pay where it works perfectly, I can withdraw money from an ATM or pay in a shop with chip and pin, basically everything except online transactions work fine. I get a text with the one time passcode as usual but when I enter it BOI declines the transaction for some reason.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

MadYaker wrote: »
    I got a new visa debit card last week and I activated it using an ATM. I also added the card to apple pay where it works perfectly, I can withdraw money from an ATM or pay in a shop with chip and pin, basically everything except online transactions work fine. I get a text with the one time passcode as usual but when I enter it BOI declines the transaction for some reason.
    Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulty using the card for your account. To look into this further we would recommend that you contact our card security team on 014885466 and one of our colleagues here will be happy to look into this for you.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Great.

Advertisement