Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas to avoid Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 52 ✭✭propertyseeker

What towns would people suggest within 15km radius of D15
    Two houses we see in budget going 30,000 over asking
    Not good value in this area

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

You could do with giving more information on your requirements besides budget.
    Where are you currently renting?
    Do you drive?
    Do you & partner work in Dublin city centre or industrial estate on outskirts?
    Is bus, train service important?

Outside D15; Dunboyne, Ratoath and Dunshaughlin are all desirable but probably out of budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

What towns would people suggest within 15km radius of D15
    Two houses we see in budget going 30,000 over asking
    Not good value in this area

Dunboyne is very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

fatbhoy wrote: »
    Why are people even continuing to help this obnoxious person? :confused:

Explain

350,000 should afford ok house near city, not sh1t that is for sale right now
    we think people panic
    if prices go back to 2018-2019 level or even before covid we buy house we are happy with for 350,000
    We cannot go much further out, D15 does not even feel like Dublin
    it is nearly countryside

It’s fine to stay out of the market. It’s not fine to think that hollystown is dangerous because way down the road Mulhuddart. And people living in Tyrrelstown say that any problem is long gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Rusheeney is not a bad spot, I personally don't like anywhere near Blanch, I think it has been overbuilt. Just ask anyone who lives there what it is like getting in and out of the shopping centre Christmas week in a car.

Not every week is Christmas LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Hamachi

ongarite wrote: »
    Outside D15; Dunboyne, Ratoath and Dunshaughlin are all desirable but probably out of budget.

I second this list, particularly Dunboyne.

I’m not sure why you’re so wedded to being within striking distance of Dublin 15. We’ve established that you don’t like the area very much; I fully understand some of your rationale.

If you would consider other areas, it would open up a whole host of other commuter towns that should meet your needs.

Just ask anyone who lives there what it is like getting in and out of the shopping centre Christmas week in a car.

Personally, I can’t stand the Blanchardstown shopping center at any time of the year. It’s like the seventh circle of hell if you aren’t into ‘shopping’ as a hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I think people suggesting places have no idea of the current market

Dunboyne for 350 or under good luck

Add 10% onto any guide price

I think people suggesting places have no idea of the current market

Dunboyne for 350 or under good luck

Add 10% onto any guide price

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/89-the-court-dunboyne-castle-dunboyne-co-meath/4502353

3 beds, 260K
    Dunboyne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Thestart

Mic 1972 wrote: »

The OP won’t go for an apartment, deserves better!

Hi OP,
    Any chance you could tell all the boardies following this tread the actual problems with the areas on your red list?
    Just so we can help you if you have the wrong idea.

You have been asked this several times by different people, why can’t you tell us?

Thestart wrote: »
    You have been asked this several times by different people, why can’t you tell us?

Or maybe you could provide some constructive suggestions to the OP like the person who linked to the apartment in Dunboyne?

The OP isn’t under any obligation to answer your repeated questioning.

Show me a house in good nick

Not sure who is being difficult a this point

For that price it's a very good deal, the estate is nice too, you'll need a car to get to Dunboyne village

Not sure who is being difficult a this point

For that price it's a very good deal, the estate is nice too, you'll need a car to get to Dunboyne village

OP appears to want a house in good condition

OP appears to want a house in good condition

The house is in good condition, for that price there is plenty of money left to make improvement.

The house is in good condition, for that price there is plenty of money left to make improvement.

It's an apartment you linked

Hamachi wrote: »
    Or maybe you could provide some constructive suggestions to the OP like the person who linked to the apartment in Dunboyne?

How can I give constructive suggestions when I don’t know what the OP wants and doesn’t want from an area.
    A lot of people have suggested locations the OP has on their red list and it would be constructive to fully understand why, I don’t understand the problem with this!

What do you think is the specific problem with these areas?

Maybe they have the same problem you have with the area you live in, who knows?

Hi OP,
    Any chance you could tell all the boardies following this tread the actual problems with the areas on your red list?
    Just so we can help you if you have the wrong idea.

Market changed bcause supply chain disruptions, QE and people scared
    Before this mess 350,000 would have got my family nice house i have checked the data records
    We refuse to pay tremendous increase for bad property all caused by temporary problems
    We think people who keep saying prices are now set forever like this or only will rise are exclusively property owner
    We take step back and will look at surrounding towns within 15km but more research required
    If we cannot find what we need we wait two or three years for market to stabilize

I cannot comment on some reasons moderators will ban me.
    Everyone know why
    Very big issues in some listed areas and bigger issues in future
    We want to raise our children in safe environment
    I am open to DM discussion to not offend some people who own property there and sensitive to subject

Those green build houses often get a premium because if the grants.

Someone mentioned santry. An often neglected spot.

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/semi-detached-house-11-shanliss-road-santry-dublin-9/3179642

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Market changed bcause supply chain disruptions, QE and people scared
    Before this mess 350,000 would have got my family nice house i have checked the data records
    We refuse to pay tremendous increase for bad property all caused by temporary problems
    We think people who keep saying prices are now set forever like this or only will rise are exclusively property owner
    We take step back and will look at surrounding towns within 15km but more research required
    If we cannot find what we need we wait two or three years for market to stabilize

I cannot comment on some reasons moderators will ban me.
    Everyone know why
    Very big issues in some listed areas and bigger issues in future
    We want to raise our children in safe environment
    I am open to DM discussion to not offend some people who own property there and sensitive to subject

If you believe prices are over inflated looking aout side of Dublin it will be the same principle prices have also gone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

Any constructive suggestions have been largely ignored to date so why anyone would continue to engage with this thread is beyond me. The OP has placed high value on the opinion of ONE work colleague and has practically ruled out a massive proportion of D15 for no good reason. He even ruled out Hollystown which is outside his budget!!! Apparently, there are things so bad about Tyrellstown that same cannot be said on this forum...

It really is laughable to be honest & particularly laughable for someone who made a point of introducing himself as not being from Ireland. It's downright snobbery truth be told.

It's an apartment you linked

fair enough, it's a 3 bed in a nice estate in Dunboyne

Any constructive suggestions have been largely ignored to date so why anyone would continue to engage with this thread is beyond me. The OP has placed high value on the opinion of ONE work colleague and has practically ruled out a massive proportion of D15 for no good reason. He even ruled out Hollystown which is outside his budget!!! Apparently, there are things so bad about Tyrellstown that same cannot be said on this forum...

It really is laughable to be honest & particularly laughable for someone who made a point of introducing himself as not being from Ireland. It's downright snobbery truth be told.

Racism, snobbery, ignorance, don’t care where they get a house as long as it’s not near me.

How can I give constructive suggestions when I don’t know what the OP wants and doesn’t want from an area.
    A lot of people have suggested locations the OP has on their red list and it would be constructive to fully understand why, I don’t understand the problem with this!

What do you think is the specific problem with these areas?

Maybe they have the same problem you have with the area you live in, who knows?

This thread isn’t about me. I’ve already explained that my area is ok but I have no interest in raising a family here. Thankfully, we have the financial resources to relocate to an area that better suits my family.

This thread is about trying to locate a suitable property for a buyer with a limited budget. I agree that he isn’t doing himself any favors with somewhat tone deaf responses. However, your most recent post on this thread exposes your agenda, namely to take a cut at the OP. If you don’t like his responses, simply unfollow.

If you believe prices are over inflated looking aout side of Dublin it will be the same principle prices have also gone up.

Agreed. OP, I’d be looking at upping that budget by about 50K to secure a property you really like, even in the commuter towns, particularly Dunboyne.

Racism, snobbery, ignorance, don’t care where they get a house as long as it’s not near me.

Racism!?

Explain

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Racism!?

Explain

You’re very clearly alluding to anecdotal accounts of gangs in Tyrellstown of a certain skin colour. You know exactly what he’s talking about because you said yourself you can’t repeat what your colleague said in case you get banned.

It IS racist to rule out an area because of hearsay about groups of people of colour.

This thread isn’t about me. I’ve already explained that my area is ok but I have no interest in raising a family here. Thankfully, we have the financial resources to relocate to an area that better suits my family.

This thread is about trying to locate a suitable property for a buyer with a limited budget. I agree that he isn’t doing himself any favors with somewhat tone deaf responses. However, your most recent post on this thread exposes your agenda, namely to take a cut at the OP. If you don’t like his responses, simply unfollow.

You said you understood the reasons the OP was putting multiple areas of Dublin 15 in his red list. As he hasn’t enlightened us, I hoped you would!
    Without getting you banned of course.

My agenda is to treat everyone the same.

• Advertisement

You said you understood the reasons the OP was putting multiple areas of Dublin 15 in his red list. As he hasn’t enlightened us, I hoped you would!
    Without getting you banned of course.

My agenda is to treat everyone the same.

That particular poster does not want to raise his family there, because the area is too 'diverse ' for him.
    I don't know what the issue with the OP is, particularly as he is non Irish himself!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement