Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas to avoid Dublin 15

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Hamachi

bubblypop wrote: »
    That particular poster does not want to raise his family there, because the area is too 'diverse ' for him.

Why are you presuming to speak for me?

Hamachi wrote: »
    I don’t enjoy the aspects of area that you appreciate .

This is what you posted in relation to a poster who said they love the multiculturalism aspect of the neighbourhood.
    So, I'm just taking you at your word, not speaking for you, merely repeating what you posted yourself?

This is what you posted in relation to a poster who said they love the multiculturalism aspect of the neighbourhood.
    So, I'm just taking you at your word, not speaking for you, merely repeating what you posted yourself?

We have a 3 bed semi-D and have two young kids. We plan to have more kids in future. We need a bigger house, which the current location does not provide.

My wife is a gaelgeoir and wants our kids to attend a really good Irish language school. South Dublin / North Wicklow are also much closer to her extended family.

Do I love the demographics of Ongar? No, I don’t and would rather my kids grow up in an area that more closely resembles the neighborhoods we grew up in. Is it the primary reason for purchasing a new house? No; it isn’t.

All pretty normal considerations for those who understand family life. So again, I suggest you don’t presume to speak for me going forward and stick to topics on which you have some domain expertise.

We have a 3 bed semi-D and have two young kids. We plan to have more kids in future. We need a bigger house, which the current location does not provide.

My wife is a gaelgeoir and wants our kids to attend a really good Irish language school. South Dublin / North Wicklow are also much closer to her extended family.

Do I love the demographics of Ongar? No, I don’t and would rather my kids grow up in an area that more closely resembles the neighborhoods we grew up in. Is it the primary reason for purchasing a new house? No; it isn’t.

All pretty normal considerations for those who understand family life. So again, I suggest you don’t presume to speak for me going forward and stick to topics on which you have some domain expertise.

Not speaking for you, merely repeating what you posted, based on your wants.

Not speaking for you, merely repeating what you posted, based on your wants.

Yes, you are speaking for me. I think I’m reasonably articulate, I don’t need you to act as an intermediary for me in any scenario.

Now, can we please stop interacting and get back to the thread?

• Advertisement

Yes, you are speaking for me. I think I’m reasonably articulate, I don’t need you to act as an intermediary for me in any scenario.

Now, can we please stop interacting and get back to the thread?

If you don't want posters to discuss your posts, I would suggest not posting.

If you don't want posters to discuss your posts, I would suggest not posting.

It’s not posters. That’s specifically directed at you.

It’s not posters. That’s specifically directed at you.

You can specifically direct all you want at me, but anyone can post their opinions of your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,778 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Take it to PM. Do not continue this on thread. Do not reply to this post

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

javaboy wrote: »
    You’re very clearly alluding to anecdotal accounts of gangs in Tyrellstown of a certain skin colour. You know exactly what he’s talking about because you said yourself you can’t repeat what your colleague said in case you get banned.

It IS racist to rule out an area because of hearsay about groups of people of colour.

It's fairly clear what the agenda is to me ... the fact that 5 hours have passed without rebuttal tells me all I need to know. A fairly idiotic view (IMO) to take based on the unfounded opinion of ONE work colleague.

You can't afford to be snobbish or racist when your budget is <350k but thankfully I won't have to worry about him & his family moving into my estate.

• Advertisement

It's fairly clear what the agenda is to me ... the fact that 5 hours have passed without rebuttal tells me all I need to know. A fairly idiotic view (IMO) to take based on the unfounded opinion of ONE work colleague.

You can't afford to be snobbish or racist when your budget is <350k but thankfully I won't have to worry about him & his family moving into my estate.

Now I’m not presuming to speak for the OP, but he did say that he drove through Tyrellstown and didn’t like the look of the area. I don’t know specifically why he didn’t like it, but I’ve sometimes driven through particular neighborhoods and know instantaneously that it’s not somewhere I would ever choose to live.

As you say though, with a budget of 350K beggars can’t afford to be choosers. Personally, I would never buy in Tyrellstown. Apart from anything else, it feels very cramped and warren-like. The aesthetics of the place don’t appeal to me in any way.

Now I’m not presuming to speak for the OP,

And then you did!
    Thought you didn't like that, someone speaking on behalf of someone else........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

as the OP is a banned re-reg troll they won't be responding.

I this this is probably an appropriate time to close this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement